- Text Size +
Lexy smiled as Nick ran up to her and picked her up-“OH Lexy! Are we gonna have a baby? Are you serious?”
She nodded and kissed him-“Yes, I’ve been feeling sick for a few days, so I went to my doctor and had a few test done. All positive, and we are gonna have a baby.”
Nick ran over to the basket, he started looking through it. His eyes were filled with tears-“Oh we have to tell the rest of the gang.” She smiled and nodded, then shook her head-“But not yet, I have an idea. I want to have a masquerade ball. Oohh baby...let’s do it in two days, we’ll email out invitations to everyone, so we can have tons of people there, then...” She continued with her plan, then they both ran off to their computers to e-mail everyone.
The girls got dressed the night of the dance. Emma looked adorable in her own little dress too. Lisa could see Lexy glowing, but she couldn’t but her finger on why she was glowing so much. She felt like she couldn’t take it anymore-“Ok Lex, what is up?”
Lexy turned around to face her-“What are you talking about?”
Toni and Marley were facing them, confused. They had not noticed the sparkle in their friend’s eyes. Lisa pointed at her-“There is something up Lexy, and I will find out by the end of the night.”
Lexy put her hands up in defense-“Hey...you will see at the end of the night.”
The girls shook their heads as they finished getting dressed and putting on the make up. It was gonna be a big ball. Their make up was very colorful, very sparkly. They used a lot of glitter, on their faces, on their masks, and on their hair. They had the masks that are stuck on the faces, not the ones you hold. When they arrived at the ball room, it was hard to recognize people, even the boys themselves. Nick came up from behind, he was wearing a white outfit with a white mask also sparkly. They danced to the music they would dance to in the olden days, with partners. It was so exciting, to see everyone move together to the music. Lexy looked at Nick as she danced, he was so concentrated on the moves. She giggled right as he looked up at her-“What’s so funny?”
She shook her head as she went under his arm, then curtsied-“Oh nothing, just how concentrated you are.”
He laughed as he brought her in, to dance close-“Do you think it’s time?”
She looked around, the party was a total success it was so colorful and full of life. She nodded as she took Nick’s hand then picked up the bottom of her dress with the other hand as she walked up the stairs. Nick went down to the guest and handed baggies to all the girls and the guys. They looked at the bags with confusion in their eyes. Lexy smiled as she approached the microphone-“Just want to say, thank you for joining us tonight. It is a very special night for me and Nick. In a few minutes, those of you who received a bag will open them up and reveal the reason for this celebration. Well, what are you waiting for...open them!” She grinned as she watched her friends open the baggies revealing baby clothes. She put hand across her stomach. The first one to catch on was Toni, she squealed-“OH MY GOD LEXY!”
Lisa also caught on-“I KNEW THERE WAS SOMETHING UP AAAHH!” The girls all got excited.
Lexy laughed-“Yes ladies and gentlemen, Nick and I are gonna have a baby!” Everyone clapped, Nick wrapped his arm around her waist and held her as the people continued to clap. The rest of the night was full of congratulations. Nick and Lexy were glowing the rest of the evening. They were totally excited, as was the press they had covered the whole story. She smiled as she did interviews. She glanced across the room, Nick was also doing interviews, he looked up at her and smiled. He blew her a kiss from across the room, she blushed but it was not noticeable since she was wearing soo much make up. The ball was a success, they did a couple more interviews, then a reporter out of nowhere, asked her to do a song from Phantom of the Opera. Since she already looked like she did in the movie. She smiled as she got up on top of the balcony, she nodded to the pianist and started singing Think of Me;
Think of me
Think of me fondly when we've said goodbye
Remember me once in a while, please promise me you'll try.

When you find that once again you long to take your heart back and be free
If you ever find a moment spare a thought for me.

We never said our love was evergreen
Or as unchanging as the sea.
But if you can still remember
Stop and think of me.
Think of all the things we've shared and seen,
Don't think about the way things might have been.

Think of me,
Think of me waking, silent and resigned.
Imagine me
Trying too hard to put you from my mind.
Recall those days, look back on all those times,
Think of the things we'll never do.
There will never be a day when I won't think of you

Flowers fade, The fruits of summer fade,
They have their seasons so do we.
But please promise me that sometimes
You will think...
(Opera singing)
Of me
The guest clapped and cheered. Nick stood at the end of the stairs watching, he was amazed. He had never heard her sing like that, well he saw the movie but he never saw her live. His heart was racing, he watched her...his future wife...mother of his children. Wow.