- Text Size +
Lexy rolled her eyes-“Nick what is she talking about?” They walked into the house, followed by Pam. Nick chuckled he knew there was no way this baby could be his, he was with Lexy all last month. Lexy put her coat on table to their apartment-“How funny Pam, looks like we have the same problem.” She turned around showing off her belly.
Pam sighed as she pat her not developed belly-“Listen I know it sounds crazy. But he is that dad, Nick tell her!”
Nick put his hands up in defense-“Hey honnie I have never seen you before.”
Pam acted insulted-“Nick, Oh, see I was the stripper at your bachelor party!”
Lexy remembered walking in and seeing her on top of Nick. She looked at Nick who was looking at her, he remembered now. He looked at Lexy-“Oh.”
Lexy rolled her eyes and threw her hands up in the air-“Unbelievable NICK? THE NIGHT BEFORE OUR WEDDING??” She sighed and went to her room, and closed the door.
Nick went after her but got the door in his face. He pounded on the door then turned to Pam-“How the hell do you come over and tell me that you are going to have my child? How are you so sure, you were wasted I was WASTED!”
She was not upset at all, she had a grin on her face, it was kind of eerie-“I recorded the whole thing.”
He looked at her-“What? How? It was at AJ’s house!”
She nodded-“Yes, yes see it was in my bag. I set it down on the dresser when you took me into the room.”
Lexy stood at the door, not one tear had come out. She looked at Nick, who laughed-“I woke up in the living room. Play the tape.”
Pam stood up-“But your wife is watching.”
Nick turned around, he quickly stood up-“Baby, baby I know it wasn’t me. I may have been wasted but I would never do that to you the day before our wedding. Come on Baby I didn’t do it!”
Lexy looked past Nick at Pam-“Play the tape.”
Pam glared and went to the TV, the tape rolled it was a guy and Pam on the bed, going at it. Nick held his laugh, Lexy sighed with relief. Pam watched intensly, she was so sure. Nick walked up-“OK stop the tape! Stop the tape.”
Pam stood up-“So you see Nick, you are.”
He shook his head-“That’s not me I slept on the couch! That is Chris, the drummer for our band. You have the wrong guy, you should go find him.” He stood up and grabbed her by the arm as she fought. He smiled-“It was nice seeing you again, now goodbye!” He pushed her out and closed the door.
Lexy walked up behind him, she pulled on his shirt turning him around-“I love you Nick. I’m sorry I didn’t believe you. I mean I did, but she was so sure and...and I saw you the night of the party, she was all over you! That’s why I was out when you got home I’m sorry.”
Nick smiled as he hugged her, her rested his head on top of hers-“Ok, I forgive you. I love you too babe. Now lets get this house ready for the get together tonight.”
She nodded and started putting out some candles, then started baking a few things. Apple Pie, Brownie, and some little tarts. When she finished placing it all in the oven, she went upstairs to get ready. She put on a small black dress that hugged her belly then flowed freely, with some black flats. She was very excited to tell the news, when everyone got there they sat around the coffee table in the living room talking about silly things. Lexy and Nick brought out the pictures of the ultrasound, every one started getting excited. Soon everyone left, Lexy started cleaning up when Nick walked up to her-“Hey Babe, Come on. I wanna show you something.”
She looked at him-“Ok, what is it?”
He grinned and took her hand, leading her to the car-“Yay.”
She was confused-“Nick, where are we going?”
He looked at her as he opened the door for her-“Trust me.” That was all he said until they got to their destination. He got out and opened the door for her, the cool wind blew he dress, she could hear the ocean. They had pulled up to a house, he was walking to the side.
She stopped him, whispered-“Nick, what are we doing? The owners of the house are gonna get mad!”
He stayed quiet and continued pulling her to the back. When they reach the gate, he opened it, she watched with her eyes wide. He grinned, they walked past a beautiful pool, with the lights on shinning undereath. When she looked up, she saw another gate leading to the beach. He went up and opened it too. He brought her out to the sand, the moon was reflecting off the ocean. The cool wind now much stronger was hitting her face. She looked out at the ocean-“Wow, Nick this is beautiful.” She looked at him, he was facing the house. She was confused-“Hunny, isn’t the water beautiful?”
Nick nodded-“Yes dear, but this is what I brought you to see ”
She turned around slowly-“The house?”
Nick laughed-“The house...no baby OUR house.”
Lexy’s eyes widened-“OUR HOUSE? Are you serious? Nick...ours?” She hugged Nick, the house was beautiful.
Nick smiled-“You wanna go inside?”
She nodded-“But why did yu bring me at night?”
Nick smiled-“Come on.” He took her inside and gave her a tour, the first floor had the kitchen, living room, bathroom, theatre, and chill area. The second floor had about 10 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms, their bedroom had a balcony facing the ocean. The third floor was very big, it had a hott tub in the corner. Nick and Lexy decided this was gonna be the game room / dance studio. They went back to their bedroom, there were candles and roses around a bunch of quilts. Nick smiled-“I brought you here because we are spending the night alone together. She smiled as they went to the balcony, he stood behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist-“I wanted to find the perfect house for you and our children.”
She turned around to face him, wrapped her arms around his neck-“I love you Nick Carter.”
He smiled-“I love you Lexy Carter.”
She kissed him-“I like the way that sounds.”
They laid down and fell asleep. Soon their lives were going to be changed, and not exactly for the best.