- Text Size +
*7 ½ months into Lexy’s pregnancy*
Lexy sat on the couch, looking at her watch 1:30 A.M. She sighed, she picked up her magazine and headed up stairs. She changed and climbed into bed, it was hard to go to sleep. She cried herself to sleep, it had been the seventh night in a row that Nick did not come home to bed to her. She woke up the next morning, after showering, she made her way down to the kitchen. When she walked passed the living room, she saw Nick laying on the couch. Her chin trembled when she went over to put a guilt over him, there was an empty bottle of Jack Daniels. She picked it up and put it in the trash, then headed into the kitchen to get breakfast. She scribbled a note, then got her keys and headed out for her day out with the girls. As she drove she wiped away the tears, she didn’t want the girls to see her crying. She picked up Marley, then Toni, and Lisa, then headed out to the mall, then lunch and an early movie. At lunch Lexy smiled-“So, how is baby Andy?”
Lisa laughed-“Oh he is so big, he will be one soon.”
Marley smiled-“SO ladies...I have something to tell you. Hugh and I are well...ENGAGED!”
Lexy was the first to react-“OH MY GOD MARLEY!”
The hugged her and looked at her ring. They talked about it longer then headed out to the early movie. Lexy got home around 6 p.m. She walked in to a silent house, all she could hear was the shower. She took her coat off and walked upstairs to the room, she sat on the bed. She felt the babies kicking, she smiled and started feeling around. Nick walked into the room with his towel around his waist. Lexy looked up at him-“Nick the babies are kicking!”
He looked over at her-“Hmmhmm.”
She watched him go through his shirts, then pull one out-“You going somewhere?”
He nodded without saying anything, then finished getting dressed. He finally looked over at her-“I’ll be back later.” He walked over to her and gave her a peck on the lips. It was meaningless, just a blank kiss. He walked out of the room, she could hear him leave the house. She knew what this meant, he wasn’t going to be home at a decent time tonight. She sighed when he left, then continued feeling her belly. She showered again, then got ready for bed.
The next morning, she sat in the living room waiting for Nick to wake up. When he did he groaned-“What a head ache.”
Lexy still had hope-“Do you want to go to the park with me and Emma? We could have.”
Nick interrupted her-“No, I have to work, at the studio with the boys.”
Lexy had enough-“That is it Nick I barely see you any more! You go to work, come home, go out get wasted, then come home and sleep on the couch! You have been getting drunk for a month now! You don’t sleep with me anymore, Nick where did this come from? You were never like this. Baby please, tell me what I have done for you not to even sleep with me? How can you go on like this, I’m your WIFE!” She began to yell at him, he held his head. She was crying by now-“Your wife! Why do you feel like you have the need to get drunk every night? I miss my husband Nick!”
He shook his head-“Quit yelling. I’m late for work.” He walked up the stairs and got dressed then left. She sat on the couch and cried, then she called AJ-“AJ I can’t take it anymore. He has been drinking a lot lately. He goes out every night, I don’t get why he can’t just be with me and Emma!”
AJ tried to calm her down-“Shh. Lexy listen to me, I will talk to the guys and see if we can get him help ok? You calm down.”
She nodded even though he couldn’t see her-“yea, thank you. Okay bye.”
When Nick got to the studio, the guys were mumbling to each other. He smiled-“Alright lets get this party started!”
AJ walked up-“Hey man, we need to talk. I spoke to Lexy and she told me you have been drinking a lot lately. Nick.”
Nick glared at him-“I’m not drinking And. why are you talking to my wife?? Stay out of my life! Ugh, I can’t be here right now.”
He walked away, Kevin yelled after him-“Nick! Nick!”
AJ called Lexy-“Hey, I tried to talk to him. He got mad and stormed off. The guys and I are gonna go look for him.”
Lexy was worried-“I want to go too.”
AJ shook his head-“No, Lexy you stay there in case he comes home.”
Lexy began to cry-“No AJ I want to go, I need to talk to him, he can’t even look at me I need to find him too!”
AJ sighed-“Ok, ok you can come with me. I’ll be there in a bit to get you.”
Lexy put the phone down then when upstairs to get ready. About fifteen minutes later, she heard the door bell, she then went to the stairs. She was in such a hurry that she bent her ankle, she grabbed on to the wall to catch her fall but it did no good. She was fallin down the stairs, when she finally landed. She couldn’t get up, all she could do was try to scream, but all that came out was a whisper-“AJ.”