- Text Size +
AJ waited, he realized that it was taking way to long for her to come to the door. He began to worry-“Lexy, LEXY? It’s me AJ!” He looked around, then remembered that Nick hid a key under a rock, so he quickly grabbed it and opened the door. The hall was empty, he walked in calling out her name, when he got to where the room opened, he saw Lexy laying on the floor, her ran over to her. He slid on the floor next to her, looking for big puddles of blood. He checked her breathing-“Lexy, Lexy, wake up!” He called for an ambulance, then ran back to her motionless body.
Lexy woke up in the hospital, her head hurt. Lisa, Marley, and Toni were around her bed. She groaned-“Oh...are my babies ok?”
Lisa smiled-“Hey you! Good to see you are ok!”
Marley sighed-“Oh Lexy! Yes your babies are just fine.”
Toni smiled-“Yep, the only thing that went wrong was that you fractured your ankle. Go figure you have like 400 pounds on them tiny little ankles!”
Lexy laughed softly-“Gee thanks Um...where’s Nick?”
Marley looked at Lisa-“The guys are still looking for him. This time they are much more angrier than before.”
Lexy bit the side of her lip, she did not cry. She was no longer upset, angrier but not upset-“Oh...so he did not come back with the boys?”
Lisa shook her head-“No hunny, they haven’t found him.”
Toni sighed-“They say after they brought up AJ talking to you about Nick’s drinking, he left angrily.”
Lexy shook her head-“I don’t know what has gotten into him I mean, he has been acting distant for the past few weeks!”
Lisa took Lexy’s hand-“Are you sure it’s not just your emotions playing tricks on you hun?”
Lexy looked at her and shook her head-“No No No No Lisa, I promise you. He goes to work...then he comes home...and gets in the shower...”
Marley shook her head in confusion-“What is the problem? Seems like a normal husband.”
Lexy had tears coming out now-“No, no you don’t understand. After the shower, he dresses up and goes out.”
Toni looked concerned now-“Every night?”
Lexy nodded-“Every night, he gets drunk, then come homes around 2 or 3 in the MORNING and sleeps on the couch!”
Lisa sighed-“Oh Lexy.”
Lexy continued-“There was this one day, when I walked downstairs, and I couldn’t find him. So I started to panic, cuz I thought he had gotten into a wreck! So I started searching the guest rooms and I found him in a room sleeping. I was so upset, he can’t even sleep with me? It makes me wonder if it’s just me that repels him away Or if it’s just him getting drunk for the hell of it. Guys, I don’t know what to do anymore!”
The three girls looked at her, with even more concern. Marley took her hand-“What do you mean Lexy?”
Lexy put her face in her hands, then cried for a few moments. The girls just watched her, they could do nothing about it. She finally took a deep breath-“I can’t do this anymore. I don’t feel like I am married. I...I am going to get an annulment. I can’t do this anymore.”
All the girls were in shock, they looked at each other, then looked at her. They all were startled when they heard a male voice-“What?”