- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry it had taken so long but i was busy. Here's the next chapter hope you's enjoy. Please remember to review.
I woke the next morning to see Lakee laying next to me looking at me. I smiled at him and ran my hand over his head.

"Good morning prince." He smiled at me and wrapped his arm around me as much as his little arms would allow him. I sat up pulling him into my lap with him facing me. I looked over at the clock to see it was six o'clock in the morning. "Lakee how would you like to go and stay with daddy for a couple of days?" He looked up at me quietly thinking.

"You dan Ray come?" I shook my head at him.

"No baby just you and daddy. Rayn needs to stay here till she gets better." He went quiet again looking around the room. "Daddy would really love it if you went." When he looked at me i could see the tears building up in his eyes which was making me start to feel bad. "It will only be for a couple of days and if you don't like it you can ring me and come home."

"Ray too, mummy too." He said it with a couple of tears falling from his eyes. I pulled him into me hugging him. I could feel my own tears build up as i hugged him while he kept whimpering 'No mummy,no,no' "Baby i'll ring you every night and you can ring me when ever you want to. You'll have fun with daddy." I leaned over and picked up the phone that started ringing. "Hello."

"Hey." He must have a six sense or something.

"How did you get my number?" Lakee had quiet down to listen to who i was talking to on the phone.

"Oh i saw it by the phone and wrote it down." I have to remember to throw that out sometime today. "I'm just ringing to see if you were awake." That was lame carter, you was ringing to remind me that your taking Lakee.

"Yeah i'm awake. I'm having abit of trouble with him. He doesn't want to go." That had Lakee starting to whimper again.

"Maybe i should came around." Why? so he can have two people to play up infront of.

"If you want to." His end of the phone went quiet and i throught he had hanged up.

"Yeah i'll be there in ten." I heard his side click which let me know he had hanged up. I looked at Lakee who was leaning against me holding a bit of the blanket in his hands.

"Come on let's go get you some breekie." I placed him on the floor and put my dressing grown on. I looked in on Rayn who was still sleeping peacefully, i was glad that her temp had gone down and decided to ley her sleep some more.

"What do you want prince? toast? pancakes?" I asked as i walked into the kitchen. I turned the t.v on to blue's clue's as he climbed onto his chair.

"Pan." I nodded and went to making them. It's going to be hard not having him here even through it'd only be for a couple of days but i havn't been away from them for more than a couple of hours. I decided to go pack his bag while he was eating and watching Blue's Clue's. Just as i had finished packing his backpack i heard the doorbell. I closed the twins bedroom door so Rayn wouldn't be woken up and went and let Nick in.

"His in the kitchen eating." Nick nodded and walked in. He went straight into the kitchen and as soon as the door closed behind him i heard Lakee voice out his dissapointment of seeing Nick. I was about to walk in there when the door swang open and Lakee toddled out on his short legs up to me.

"No Mama." Was all he said as his little arms wrapped around my legs. I signed and looked up at Nick who had moved into the doorway and was leaning against the wooden door frame, i even felt the need to cry when i saw the sadness in his eyes. I unwrapped Lakee's arms from my legs and crouched down to his level.

"I know your worried about going baby, but daddy really wants to spend a couple of days with you and you'll be home before you know it. I promise i'll ring you every night and you can ring me whenever you want. And if you really really want to come home you can, your daddy wont stop you from coming home." I pushed his hair back off of his forhead as i consoled him. Lakee looked at me with tearfilled eyes then looked over at Nick.

"That's right buddy if at anytime you want to come home i'll bring you home." Lakee bite his bottom lip as he throught about it before noding his head. I smiled and kissed his forhead.

"Your a good boy baby. Now how about we get you changed so you can go on the plane." That had his eyes light up and a big smile graced his face.

"Hane." I laughed and stood up, we went into the lounge room when his clothes were waitting.

"Yeah baby, your going on a plane." He clapped his hands and repeated 'Hane' over and over while i got him changed, it didn't help that Nick was sitting on the couch singing along with him. I shook my head and stood up as soon as i had finished. "How are you's getting to the airport?" Nick stopped bouncing on the couch and raised his eyes from the bob the builder book he was looking at.

"A cab."

"I would drive you's but Rayn's still sleeping and i don't want to wake her, plus Lakee would put on a show full of fireworks if i went with you's." Nick nodded and stood up reaching for the phone. "How about i ring the cab and you can go in and see Rayn before you leave."

"Good idea." Was all he said before he walked out the door and heading up to the twin's room. I ordered the cab and went into clean the kitchen once i had noticed Lakee was settled watching cartoons on telly. I had just started washing the dirty dishes when i saw Nick step up next to me and grab the teatowel that was hanging on the wall rack. "Thank you." That had me surprised that i even dropped the plate i was cleaning back into the soapy water.

"What for?"

"For giving me two beautiful children, for letting me have Lakee for a couple of days, for raising them as great as you have, just for been you." I closed my eyes and took a deep breath when i felt my heart skip a beat, even after all these years he could still make my heart thump like no one else had, he could still make me lose my breath, he could still start up butterflys in my stomach and make my knees weak.

"They have apart of you in them too Nick you have also made them the beautiful children they are today." Nick put the teatowel he was holding down and placed his hand on my shoulder turning me so i was facing him. We looked at each other and i could see Nick drawing closer, i felt his breath on my lips. I closed my eyes waitting for his touch, just as i felt his lips i was drawen back when i heard a horn go off. "Cab's here." I said as i stepped back. I span around and headed into get Lakee.

"Prince it's time to go." He looked up from the t.v and i could see the doubt ranning through his mind. "The plane is waitting for you." That had his eyes light up and he jumped up and ran into my arms. "As soon as you get to daddy's you ring me and Rayn should be up by then, you can talk to her on the phone okay."

"Hane." I laughed and walked out to the front door with him.

"Give mummy a kiss." He happily gave me one and a big cuddle. "I love you."

"Ove you too." I kissed his cheek and gave him to Nick. He held Lakee on his hip and swang Lakee's backpack over his other shoulder.

"Ring me when you get home okay."

"Of course." Nick leaned down and kissed my lips before he turned and walked down to the cab with Lakee waving over his shoulder at me yelling "Bye Mummy, ove you." I watched them get in the cab and smiled and waved as i watch Lakee waving at me throw the back window as the cab made it's way down the street. I didn't close the door until the cab was out of sight, i leaned against it and closed my eyes. I didn't know what hurt more, that Lakee has gone for a couple of days for the first time in his life or that i have once again let myself watch Nick walk away.