- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This is technically my first fan fiction ever written. I have lost the original so I am re-writing the story from memory. So it's new, but it's not. :-D
“Ow,” Laura slapped the hand of her best friend Amber away from her head. “Why did you pull my hair?”

Amber smirked at her friend in reply and held a single strand of long auburn hair. “You’ll see.” It was all she said as she pulled out two sticks of incense, one from the Scorpio pack, the other from the Pisces pack. Laura watched Amber tie the two sticks together using her hair. Amber put both sticks in the burner and lit them at the same time. She leaned into the smoke and spoke some words into air ending by blowing the smoke out the window and into the night.

“What was that all about?” Laura asked her friend while flipping through a magazine.

“Oh I was just messing around with something I read.” Amber didn’t want to tell her friend that she was performing a magic spell; if it didn’t work then her friend need not be any wiser. Amber grabbed the magazine from Laura and looked at the page that was open. “Yummy.” She said as she looked at a full-page picture of the Backstreet Boys. Amber licked her lips, “I can’t wait until tomorrow night when we get to see them live.” She threw the magazine back at her friend and turned up the CD. She started to dance about the small bedroom.

“Amber!” Laura hissed. “My parents will kill me if this music is too loud.” Laura turned down the music and sat back on her bed.

“Oh Laura, it’s 1997 let your parents go back to the Stone Age!” Amber giggled and danced, though she did not turn the music up louder and get her friend in trouble.

Laura shook her head and went back to reading the article. “Why does it look like Nick is always wearing lipstick?” She laughed and tossed the magazine down. She sighed and layback on her bed looking up at the Brian poster tacked to her ceiling. “I wish I could meet him.”

Amber stopped dancing and plopped down on the sleeping bag on the floor. “You and about five hundred thousand other girls.” She laughed to herself. “Besides who knows what will happen in this world?”

“He wouldn’t like me anyway; I’m still in high school.” Laura moaned.

“He likes Nick just fine and he’s the same age as you.” Amber giggled stopping when Laura turned a harsh gaze her way. “Well then stop pining after him, and then I wouldn’t make such comments.”

Laura turned out the light and turned the CD player off. “We should get some rest; we have a full day of preparation ahead of us tomorrow.”

The concert was planned in the evening, but both girls wanted to buy something to wear that might make them stand out. They were going with other friends and were meeting them all at the mall the next day. They had an idea of what they wanted to find, they had an idea of how to make them stand out in the crowd and get some attention from the boys.

*****

Brian watched the others sleep on the bus and wished he could be peaceful now. He prayed nightly that he would find someone to care for, someone to care for him. He tired of being alone, and even though he knew, his life now wasn’t great to start a relationship but he couldn’t help but want one. He longed to share his life with someone like his parents shared theirs with each other.

Quietly he slid the window open, they would reach the hotel in an hour then he would sleep for a few hours. Brian inhaled the fresh air catching a scent wafting inside. He could not place the scent, it was nothing he could remember smelling before but he was intrigued. He inhaled again hoping to smell more, but it was gone, a fleeting moment gone as they drove through the flat land.

He watched the land pass out the window; it wasn’t long until he joined his band mates in sleep, long auburn hair haunting his dreams.