- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry I was trying to finish DOV this month and now I am focusing on this story. I hope you all enjoy.
Her hand was shaking uncontrollably, though she tried to calm it several times by holding it during the flight. When she did hold it, her leg started to shake to compensate. She watched out the window, she ate her snacks but there was nothing that could calm her as she flew through the sky to meet up with Brian.

The man sitting in the aisle seat next to her continually got annoyed with Laura and her restlessness. He sighed loudly several times and even went so far as to ask the flight attendant if there were any other available seats he could sit in for the duration of the flight. She merely shook her head and apologized, giving him a complimentary alcoholic beverage.

Laura finally managed to lay her head down against the cool plane window and close her eyes.

“Ma’am,” the flight attendants voice rang through her hears. “Miss, we are getting ready to land, please put your seat back in its upright position.”

Laura sat up and looked out the window, the ground was getting closer. Her nerves started again, her hand shaking. The man next to her rolled his eyes and muttered something under his breath about being sat next to the people afraid to fly.

While she exited the flight, she couldn’t help but sway side to side in the aisle wondering what was taking everyone so long. She only had a backpack with clothes; she couldn’t understand why people had suitcases with them. She had one thing on her mind and it wasn’t the consideration of others, but she held her tongue and only pushed once to get off the plane.

She looked around the airport hoping to catch a familiar face, hoping that Brian would be the one who would pick her up. She felt fine on the plane, but the queasy feeling she had before was returning. She left the terminal and walked to the baggage claim keeping her eyes open for anyone that might look familiar. Her face fell in disappointment when she only saw a sign bearing her name and a driver wearing a black outfit holding it.

“That’s me,” She walked up to the guy and followed him out of the building. Her one last hope was that Brian was waiting in the car for her. She should’ve known he would not have come, he would be busy. Her disappointment showed when she reached the car and he was not in there. She sighed and entered the car, holding her stomach to try and make it feel better as the car drove.

They reached a hotel and Laura exited the car, following another man with a sign. This man checked her in and showed her to her room.

“Brian said he will be here shortly and hopes you had a smooth flight.” The man said before leaving.

Laura sighed and looked briefly around the room, it was nothing spectacular, but it meant she was that much closer to Brian. She kicked her shoes off and fell on the bed sighing in happiness.

A knock on the door sounded the room startling Laura, “I must have been sleeping.” She muttered to herself. She peeped through the hole and smiled broadly at the sight of Brian on the other side of the door. She opened the door and immediately threw her arms around him holding him tight.

“I am so happy to see you.” She whispered in his ear, pulling him inside.

“I am thrilled that you could come.” Brian leaned forward and pressed his lips lightly on Laura’s. He moved away and smiled holding her tight.

“So what’s on the agenda?” Laura asked excitedly.

“Well I only came back here to grab you, and the guys are pissed I did. The show starts shortly.” He laughed, his bright blue eyes shining.

“What? We better get going. I will not be responsible for holding up a concert.” She chuckled, grabbed her purse and ran out the door grabbing Brian’s hand and pulling him after her.

Laura stood in her spot towards the front of the stage, glares from girls around her not bothering her. She came in and took a prime spot each of them were waiting to take if no one showed up for the seat. More than that, she was escorted there by a man many knew to be a bodyguard for the boys.

The queasy feeling in Laura’s stomach strengthened and she felt that she might be sick in that very spot waiting for the concert. She did not like this feeling; she did not want to get sick during her time with Brian. She choked down the feeling and tried to hide it.

*****

“Brian, that was stupid of you to run off like that. One of the bodyguards or stage hands could have gotten her. You took a big risk at not making it back with enough time.” Howie lectured.

Brian turned to Howie and threw up right in front of his band mate. “Sorry.” He muttered before grabbing a bottle of water to rinse his mouth out.

“I hope that was just nerves.” A.J. shouted from across the room.

Brian nodded, he hoped it was too. He wasn’t sure when this sick feeling came over him, but it was sudden and he did not want to be sick. Not when he had to perform that night and definitely not now since Laura was actually in town.

He took a drink of water and wiped his mouth off. “Let’s go.” He said to the others and hoped that he would not have the urge to throw up on stage. That was the last thing anyone needed that night.

He made his way to the stage and looked down where Laura was standing, his ill feeling completely leaving his body. It must have been nerves. He internally sighed with relief and joined in the song with the others.