- Text Size +
Laura wasn’t sure she really heard a knock at her door. The doctor had come and gone already giving her some medication, who else could be at the door. “Laura, it’s me Amber I got a key, I’m coming in.” Amber’s voiced called through the door.

The door opened and Laura heard Amber come in and put her stuff down on a chair before coming closer. “I’m taking an awful big risk here, what if I get sick?” There was a tone of teasing in her voice almost as if she didn’t believe Laura really was sick. She pushed Laura over and took a spot on the bed; Laura tried to push her off.

“Move or you’ll catch it.”

“I really don’t think I can catch this sickness Laura, and don’t worry I’ll make you better soon. Do you know what room Brian is in by chance?”

Laura looked up at Amber with an expression of confusion. “Why?” She asked before breaking into a cough that seemed to last at least ten minutes.

Amber shrugged. “I was just curious if you knew if he was here?”

Laura nodded, “He’s sick too, one of us gave the other something.” She shrugged. “I think I overheard the doctor saying that he was visiting another patient in room 438 down the hall.”

Amber nodded, “We’ll go visiting tonight.” She mumbled so that Laura could not hear her over the new cough Laura started. Laura soon drifted off the sleep and Amber decided to crack open her suitcase. She pulled out several candles and a few other ingredients. She sat amidst the lit candles and chanted to herself, she was taking a big risk doing this with Laura in the room, but it needed to be done tonight before they left, tonight while she had her chance.

“Amber?” Laura coughed, waking from her sleep. Amber looked at her from the chair. She finished her spell long ago and was now reading to pass the time until Laura was ready for her journey.

“Laura you are awake, good, we are going for a walk.”

“But,” She started to protest, but Amber shushed her and helped her stand.

“You will feel better when we get there I promise you that. Plus it will make you feel better to be with the one you love.” She managed to open the door and get Laura out. The walk was slow but she managed to get there and knock on Brian’s door.

She lucked out; A.J. happened to be in the room and opened the door. “What’s this?” He questioned staring at Amber and Laura who still looked as sick as ever next to her. “Why are you bringing her here?”

“I figured they are both sick, what’s the harm in them being together, might actually help them feel better to be near each other.” Amber grinned broadly and made her way through the door. She put Laura on the bed next to Brian and took a seat nearby.

“Hi,” Brian muttered to Laura. “I see you didn’t manage to get out today.”

Laura attempted to laugh, but her cough took over. When it finally subsided she smiled back. “I see you didn’t manage to continue with the tour either.”

“Yah, tell me about it, I don’t think the managers are too happy with that, or having to fly out here in the first place.” The two talked and Amber and A.J. watched as the color returned to their cheeks and the coughing slowed.

Amber looked towards A.J. “See what did I tell you, being around each other would make them feel better.”

A.J. moved closer to Amber and watched the two on the bed. “Well, it certainly is a miracle; we were all worried about him.” He smiled down at Amber. “How about you and I go down and get them some soup, to see if they can keep it down. Maybe grab some coffee while we are there. You know give these two a bit of time alone.”

Amber grinned up at A.J. “I would love to.” She followed A.J. out of the room grinning broadly. Let the games begin.