- Text Size +
Laura and Brian lay on the bed looking at each other, holding each others hands and smiling. They were both too tired to talk anymore, but both were fighting off sleep. Neither one wanted to close their eyes and sleep; afraid that the other would no longer be there when they opened them next. Eventually both could no longer keep their eyes open and they drifted off to sleep holding each other’s hands.

“A.J., look how cute they look on the bed.” Amber spoke silently. They returned with soup for the two after having coffee for an hour. She turned towards the other man and put her arm around his waist. “What can we find to do until they wake up?” She winked at A.J. and put the soup down on the dresser and pulled A.J. towards the door.

She pulled him into the hallway and moved in, pressing her lips tightly to his.

“Do you have a room to yourself?” Amber asked, “If not, Laura’s not in ours.” She smiled widely and A.J. smiled back nodding as she pulled him towards her vacated room.

“A.J., who’s the girl?” Nick called out.

A.J. looked up at Nick. “A new friend.” He laughed and continued to walk with Amber towards the room.

“Wait up; I wanna meet your friend.” He stuck his hand out towards Amber. “Nick.” He stated.

Amber held her hand out for Nick smirking, her spell was working wonderfully. “Amber.” She replied smiling wickedly. Nick leaned down and kissed Amber’s hand unsure of why he was doing so, but he couldn’t help it. He smiled back at Amber.

“Perhaps I might be able to have dinner with you later?”

A.J. looked stunned at Nick, where did his manners come from all of sudden? Taking Amber by the elbow he began to lead her away from Nick and his new strange behavior. “I don’t know what’s got into him. It’s best to just ignore it I suppose.”

Amber smiled to herself. “Oh yes, ignore it. I sure will do that.” As A.J. opened the door to the room, Amber peered around him to glance back and Nick. She caught his eye and licked her lips.

*****

Only a few hours later Laura and Brian sat up in bed and felt completely better. “Now how is it that you make me feel better by only being around?” He asked tucking her hair behind her ear and kissing her softly. They smiled at each other and moved to get up when a noise outside the door stopped them. They looked at each other and shrugged moving closer to catch the words being exchanged only a few feet away.

“A.J. you’ve spent enough time with her, she wants to go with me, let her.” Nick’s voice rang out clearly through the door.

“I am bonding with her; you would not know what that was about.” A.J. answered.

Brian looked at Laura and rolled his eyes. “Sounds like they found a girl to fight over, again.”

“Sounds like they are getting rough.” Laura noticed that muffled sounds of hitting were coming through the door.

“Boys,” Amber’s voice rang out. “Please.”

“That’s Amber.” Laura muffled her laugh. “Who would have thought she would get two to fight over her.”

Brian motioned for Laura to stand back. “I better stop them before they get hurt.”
He opened the door and stood gaping at Nick and A.J. fighting in the hallway. Nick must have charged A.J., he was holding onto A.J. behind the kneecaps, his head resting in A.J’s gut. A.J. was trying to grab Nick to stop him and flip him over.

“STOP!” Brian shouted at the two. They did not stop, so Brian forced his way over to them and tried to separate them, getting knocked over in the process. Amber, who was closer, rushed over to help him up.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean for this to happen.” She said helping him to his feet.

“That’s alright,” Brian started looking into Amber’s eyes. “I can see why they were fighting.”

Laura noticed this and looked confused. “Brian?” She questioned.

Brian did not hear her; instead he turned his attention to Amber. “So why they fight it out, how about you and I go grab a bite to eat, I am famished. Haven’t been able to keep anything down for the last few days.”

Amber’s eyes registered shock, she tried to say something, but only watched Laura turn and run off towards their room. This was not supposed to happen; Brian was supposed to be immune. How was she going to explain this to Laura?