- Text Size +
The girls stood in the line to enter the concert venue. Amber, Laura and all their friends decided on camouflage tank tops, all seven of them were wearing one they felt it was a great way to stand out amongst the thousands of other screaming girls. The chattered on about what they thought the concert would be like, the songs they hoped to hear and of course seeing the boys for the first time since they started listening to their music a year ago.

“Can you believe we are finally here?” Laura asked Amber. “I’m so excited to finally see them.”

Amber nodded but kept her mouth shut; if things worked, the way she hoped then her friend would do more then just see them up on the stage.

The line started moving, the girls’ excitement grew with every step, and soon they were making their way through throngs of people waiting to purchase souvenirs. They found their seats and sat down waiting for the show to start.

Excitement surged through them as the music for the first opening act boomed onto the stage. The girls remained seated through all three opening acts standing a few times when little Aaron Carter came out on stage. The opening acts finished and the girls sat grinning at each other, any moment now, the boys they came to see would come onto the stage and the music would begin.

The stage darkened leaving the audience in the pale light of dusk falling. Screams escalated from all the anticipation, a loud roar breaking out when music started. Laura looked at Amber and grabbed her hands excitedly; they stood and launched into cheers with the rest of the audience when the boys made their appearance on the stage.

All through the first few songs, the girls danced and laughed, sang and cheered their hearts out. Clouds covered the sky and soon there was a drizzle in the air, but no one cared. The cheering never ceased, the songs kept coming.

Laura looked at Amber and then the rest of the group with the familiar beats of ‘Get Down’ started playing. “Ready?” She questioned them all. Standing in front of their chairs the group grinned broadly; as they began the dance, they rehearsed to this song specifically for this moment in hopes to catch their attention.

*****

He danced on the stage to the music as he was trained, but Brian was having a difficult time concentrating. There was something nagging the back of his mind, something he should be doing but he couldn’t place what it was. Then something caught his attention, it was that scent again. He moved around on the stage trying to find where the scent was the strongest. He came to the right side of the stage and it hit him the hardest, he looked towards A.J. who was looking at something in the crowd and laughing. He snapped his head in that direction and he saw a group of seven girls doing a modified line dance.

He pointed at the girls and smiled broadly at them. He scanned their faces and stopped on one, he could not look away from her. In the blinding lights of the stage and the darkness of the clouded sky, all he could see was long auburn hair.

*****

Amber turned towards Laura. “See he’s looking at you. I told you something special would happen at the concert today.”

Laura smiled and kept her eyes on Brian as he pointed to them on the stage. The music continued and the boys disappeared off the stage coming back a couple minutes later in a change of outfits. Brian was not with them. Laura was concerned she knew the altitude was difficult for my performers to adjust to and Brian had the added difficulty thanks to his heart.

He reappeared a few minutes later, and she swore he looked towards her seat again before joining the boys in the chorus.

“Excuse me miss?” A deep voice called over the crowd. Every girls head turned in the direction of the voice wondering what was going on. The man appeared to be looking directly at Laura. “Miss?” He said again.

“Yes?” Laura ventured a shout back in his direction.

“Can you come with me please?” He held out his hand to help her pass the few strangers on the aisle.