- Text Size +
The man escorted Laura to a side building, she was not sure where it was located to the stage, she kept looking back towards the stage area when she left. She was nervous that she was singled out; she did not understand what was going on, had she done something wrong. The man left and alone she sat in a chair. She could hear the music from the concert voices emanating from stage. Upset, the tears started to well in her eyes. She looked forward to this concert all summer and now she was sitting away from it all. Her friends were going to rub this in so much later.

Twenty minutes passed and Laura started to pace the room anxious to get back to what little was left of the concert. Then she heard dreaded words “Goodnight, you’ve been a great audience.” She fell back into the chair and hung her head. She missed the last part of the show. Now the tears really did fall from her eyes, she never thought she’d be that upset about missing the show, but she planned for this too long not to see it in its entirety.

The door opened and someone came in. With her head in her hands, she started to talk. “Thanks for making me miss the rest of the show, why couldn’t you tell me what I did wrong to be punished this way.”

“I’m sorry, I didn’t know how else to talk to you.”

Laura thought the voice sounded familiar and looked up. She gasped out in surprise but could not speak any longer, her nerves were too much, Brian was standing in front of her.

He moved closer and took the other chair in the room. “I just had to meet you, I don’t know why but I felt drawn towards you.” Seeing that she was still too stunned to speak he continued. “I liked your dance.” He said smiling broadly with a hint of laughter in his voice.

Laura could feel her cheeks turning bright red.

“I only have a few moments we have one more song, the encore to perform and then we leave. What is your name?”

“Laura” she managed to say. Her name was the only word she managed to say the whole time. Later she would berate herself for not being able to say more to him.

“Write down your address on a piece of paper and give it to the guy who brought you here. I know you are practically giving a stranger your address, but I would like to write you. I still don’t know why I drawn to look at you, even with that crazy dance you were doing I couldn’t stop looking at you.” He took her hand and kissed it lightly then left as quickly as he came.

Laura stood in the room staring at her hand; his lips touched her hand she was in shock and awe at the same time. She found paper quickly and jotted down her address, she opened the door and found the man shoving the paper into his hand and hurrying back to her seat. She could hear the beginnings of the last song and made it back in time to watch most of the song. She noticed several times that Brian seemed to be looking in her direction.

The concert ended and the girls waited for the venue to clear out more, while they were sitting Laura’s friends took this time to question her about her disappearance during the show.

“What did that guy want with you?” Christina asked.

Laura couldn’t find a good excuse for being called away from her seat so she told the truth. “Brian wanted to meet me.” She said with a slight crimson coloring to her cheeks.

Christina looked at Michelle and Mike and started laughing. ‘You don’t have to lie to us if you didn’t want to tell us the truth.” The three stood up and started heading towards the exit. Laura slowly stood feeling Amber’s hand on her arm. “I believe you Laura.”

Laura smiled at Amber noticing a twinkle in the other girls’ eye that unnerved her slightly. “Thanks Amber. We should go before the others leave without us.”

Amber nodded in agreement and with one last look at the stage, she followed her friend out of the auditorium plotting her next step.