- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry for that huge distance between updates but I couldn't think of how to start this chapter, I had about 5 beginnings before I finally got this one out. It rolled from there :-D
Amber sat on the floor in her dorm room, lit candles surrounding her, the only light in the darkness. Laura bought tickets for the next Backstreet Boy concert half a year ago; Brian didn’t even give her tickets. Amber thought things were progressing excessively slowly. In over a year the two still only talked on the phone once every few months. Amber hadn’t tried any of her magic on Laura and Brian for a while, she didn’t want things to get suspicious so instead she practiced on her professors and now had a passable GPA without attending many of her classes or turning in many assignments.

Amber ate dinner with Laura and they talked about their excitement for the concert, thrilled that it was only one more day away and that it fell on Halloween, the girls were going to wear costumes.

Tonight, the night before the concert, Amber decided that it was time Brian and Laura finally stopped dilly-dallying around and did something about their budding relationship. Amber really didn’t know about the phone calls other then what Laura revealed but there had to be something brewing, he called her all the other times with no magical influence from her.

Amber closed her eyes and concentrated, she felt she knew the exact spell to use.

*****

Laura drove towards the concert venue talking happily the whole way. She admitted she talked to Brian last night and it was making her more excited. He said there would be backstage passes waiting for them at the ticket office, but he warned her that he’d probably not have much time to talk since there would be others there and then he’d have to get ready for the show.

Amber sat in silence listening, her friend need not worry about not having enough time with Brian; she would have all the time in the world later.

“So dressed as a witch huh?” Laura spoke to Amber.

Amber nodded. “Yes, it was easy.” She grinned at her friend and looked at Laura’s costume. “And what exactly are you again?”

“I’m a flower child.” She replied while pointing to the flower wreath on her head.

“Uh huh.” Amber nodded and turned to look out her window the mass amount of farms they passed. “Moooo.” She yelled out as they drove by some cows.

Laura laughed at her friend and continued towards their destination, the remaining car ride quiet.

When they arrived, they decided to splurge and pulled into the valet parking in front of the Pepsi Center. They practically ran to the ticket off to pick up the passes. “My name is Laura Monroe; Brian set aside some backstage passes for me.” She grinned broadly.

“Sure honey,” the ticket woman replied. “Can you step aside so I can help the next person?”

Laura, shocked, moved aside.

“Laura, get up there and demand your passes, you know you should have them.” Amber yelled at her causing many young girls to stop and stare.

Laura shook her head, “I can’t.”

Amber grabbed her friends hand and pulled her towards the window cutting in front of a woman and her daughter there to pick up their tickets. “Listen here, Annie,” She blurted reading the woman’s nametag, “My friend knows she has backstage passes up here. I suggest instead of treating her like no good teen you open your drawer, or wherever it is you keep them, and get her passes out. Again her name is Laura Monroe.” Amber held her hand out towards Laura, “give me your ID Laura; I’m sure she’ll need to see it to verify something or other.”

The woman, Annie, rolled her eyes and opened the drawer if just to prove them wrong. Laura and Amber watched as Annie’s mouth opened in surprise, she swallowed and then turned towards the girls taking Laura’s ID. “I apologize; I thought you were one of the many trying to get backstage passes that hadn’t purchased any.”

Amber glared at the woman. “She said Brian put some aside for her you nitwit.”

Laura blushed in embarrassment and meekly took her passes and ID back from the woman. “Thank you.” She said and walked away.

Amber followed her. “Why did you say ‘Thank you’? She didn’t deserve that she was a bitch to you.”

Laura shrugged her friend off. “I just want to get backstage.”

The girls headed to where they were letting those with passes in to see the boys. When the girls were ushered into the room, their mouths dropped open at the boys sitting almost in front of them. They grabbed each other’s hands and squealed as quietly as they could before getting in line to greet them.

The girls walked the line, Laura smiling and greeting each of them. She asked for no autographs, she liked the other guys but she stood in line, anxious to see Brian again. He was sitting second to last next to Nick. Her face broke out in a huge grin when he looked towards her and broke out in a smile as well.

“Hi, Laura?” he questioned.

Laura nodded. She sent him a picture of her, her senior picture but her hair was shorter in the picture, she was glad he recognized her. “Hi Brian.”

“I don’t have a lot of time as you can see with the line of girls behind you, but I am so glad to see you again.” He rose from his chair, his bright blue eyes shining as he pulled her closer giving her a kiss on the cheek. “I’m glad we became friends, even if only over the phone.” He whispered in her ear as the girls behind her let out screeches of disappointment that Brian kissed a girl.

Laura walked out of the room in a daze and continued in her trance all the way to her seat. “Laura, wait up.” Amber called after her. “You left without me, I was busy talking with A.J. and you left me there.”

“He kissed my cheek.” Laura stammered and sat in her chair.

“Did the earth shake?” Amber laughed.

“What?” Laura questioned.

“Nothing.” Amber stated as she thought to herself. When the show started the girls screamed, danced, and sang along with the guys.

“This is a great show, so unbelievable.” Laura shouted to her friend over the crowd noise.

“Just wait, the real unbelievable part will begin when the show ends.” Amber quietly muttered to herself quiet enough that Laura could not hear her over the noise.