- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I have to say, I haven't read this in a while, and going back over this just makes me so happy. I really like what happened with this story, well not what happened, lol, but how I did it. Anyway, thoughts?
Four male nurses had accompanied Brian through the E.R. wing of the hospital, it wouldn’t be necessary that he be there now that his seizer had alleviated again. His body was stiff and rigid as they transferred him from the board to the gurney before they rolled his limp body down the pasted halls.

“Tom, see if you can buy us a few more days” Detective Campbell called back to Detective Wattney. The man nodded and retreated into a secluded hall to the exit to make his phone call. However, as he opened the door to the side of the building he was bombarded with press and cameras.

“Can you tell us what’s happening in there?” a pushy reporter asked. The detective had just enough time to hang up on the judge’s secretary.

“No” he tired to get back in the door fighting off pestering hands and cameras, swiping boom mikes out of his face “Security” he yelled.


……

“Mr. Littrell” Doctor Preston called down the hall as Harold paced outside the door where his son was lying, convulsing again. Harold turned abruptly towards him with a sudden sigh of relief.

“He’s started another seizer” Harold explained his eyes turning towards the glass.

“They can get it under control” the doctor said calmly “Mr. Littrell, there’s someone who would like to talk to you.”

Harold pinned his eyes to the monitor that had just flat lined, the doctor dropped his comment and pushed the doors open. Another nurse led Jackie out of the room away from the trauma.

They watched transfixed, as the defibrillator attempted to regulate Brian’s depleted heart rate. Jackie wrapped her hands around Harold’s arms turning her head away from the scene, her eyes floated to the clock, as if anticipating it to stop.

Inside his body Brian could only describe himself as being suffocated under water. All he could see in his mind was the surface of the ocean afar off, with the small light of the sun peering through the dark abyss of liquid. No matter how hard he tried to swim to the surface he was dragged twice as hard back down. Death wasn’t supposed to be like this, but every time he’d dreamt it was like this, but this time he couldn’t wake up.

The light was coming again, a fresh bright white light, forcing a calming affect over his body. The weight of his body felt light and feathery, he felt a warm rush, like he had before.

Then it hit, like the thud, a deep low growl, the tires screeching as they belched forward off the road and through the side railing. It was that moment where all he wanted to do was die, he pled for a quick death, but now they struck the palm of the tree, where the branches were starting their journey outwards. A crack, and high pitched squeal followed as the tires spun in the air, He realized he couldn’t see the glass in front of him.

He looked down in his lap at the glass, and then at his shirt. Her hand was still wrapped around the hilt.

“I loved you” she whispered before she pulled the knife out. Quickly she forced herself over him. The car groaned under the unsteady movement, she pressed the handle the blood on her hands caused her to loose her grip, the door flung open. She screamed, but nothing came out, frantically she grabbed for his shirt anything she could, the wait of the car tipped to the driver’s side. Then slowly she slipped, her fingers grasping on for life, but it was too slippery. Tugging one last time she her pinky lost hold, then her thumb and her fingers, quickly with a thud she went down, her head hitting the root of the tree before her limp body rolled down the ravine.

Bran felt himself gulp fast as he saw or heard most of it, he couldn’t quite tell now, his body was seziering and he thought he could hear screams from afar, he didn’t see it tip though, when his body convulsed forward, he only saw the steering wheel coming nearer and nearer, and then the car grown smaller and smaller, then that was it, when he felt a root. Unconsciously he grabbed it, but there was no chance, not in the entire world, to hang on, and he slipped, that’s when he hit the ground.


“One more time Suzy!” Dr Preston called she timed it again calling clear. Jackie wrapped her fingers in Harold’s squeezing tight as she peered into the glass again waiting praying silently.