- Text Size +
A/N: I suppose I have been mistaken in my past author's notes. It's not that I don't appreciate you reading what Jamelet and I have to create, but I just ususally don't know what to say. I do want to thank you for reading the stories. It makes a large difference in our lives. Please, don't hesitate to contact us! Enjoy!

*~*~*

Ana stumbled while AJ made her and Howie lean against him. Ana wanted them to leave her behind, but the boys denied such an action. They wouldn’t leave her for anything. Ana felt truly grateful while Nick, Kevin, and Brian kept running ahead to make sure that no one was coming. Though, Ana could barely walk through the torture of her broken femur. Her upper leg was encased within a frozen cast as she limped. The ice was already transforming the bone to its last healing stages, but it would take days for normal generating of a new bone. She found it hard to walk as Howie often gazed into her eyes, causing feelings to bubble.

“Feels like the old days, doesn’t it?” Howie joked as Nick began to burn a hole through the next door. Everything had been manually closed down and alarms sounded throughout the place. Everyone had known of their escape, now they prayed they could find their way out. Ana felt desperate as AJ looped his arm tightly around her hip to stabilize her.

“Except I have to carry your asses,” AJ teased further, causing Ana to actually smile.

“I can walk if it’s that much trouble,” Ana concluded.

“NO!” all the boys shouted as Nick cleared the room. Ana jumped with surprise while little light surrounded them in the room. Nick muttered something about not being able to open the door, so Kevin tried to work it with the lasers expanding within his eyes. AJ moved the nearest wall while moonlight filtered through to provide them with ample light to see. He let Ana and Howie rest against the ground. Ana breathed heavily as Howie let her rest against him.

“You’re not going to mess up that leg any worse than it is, okay?” Howie ordered with a soft tone. His dark eyes glittered in the light. Ana smiled softly as she glanced at her hands, acting as if she were examining them closely. She felt nervous as she listened to Howie’s heartbeat. Quietness surrounded them as AJ went over to speak with Brian. “How did you make your powers protect your leg, anyway?”

“I didn’t make them, they do it on their own.”

“Why?”

“I don’t know, really. When I left the girls, I went to a small mountain where I could be by myself. Every day I trained myself in my powers, no matter how much it hurt. I learned that I could do more than anyone told me. I’m by far the strongest within the group, because I trained more. I learned so much during my time alone.”

“Didn’t you miss the girls?”

“Of course I missed them.”

"Then why didn’t you stay?”

“Because, I couldn’t let myself,” Ana answered softly. She knew Howie would ask her for further information, but their silence was engulfed with loud gunfire. Ana’s heart began to hammer as AJ grabbed her and Howie roughly by the waists. They were thrown into a corner, covered by Nick, Brian, and AJ. Ana watched through AJ’s legs as Kevin began to terminate the men as gunfire exploded. His eyes sliced against the several men, cutting them at their stomachs. Organs leaked onto the floor as Nick’s hands exploded with fire. AJ tried to gather the guns, but more men rushed in. Ana heard AJ screaming for help as Howie let electricity churn behind AJ.

“LET ME OUT THERE!” she screamed.

“STAY BACK!” Brian ordered as he let his hands grab men, making them fall dead.

Ana grew frustrated as she was sent behind all the boys for protection. Each man screamed as their powers began to loose control. Ana knew that it would be only a few moments before their powers released on each other or stopped completely. They couldn’t control their powers as best as Ana could. She slipped from beneath AJ’s legs, letting her hands foam with freezing power. Men screamed as they were attacked by frostbite. Ana allowed hail to rain down as she made herself stand up, wobbling against her fragile leg.

Before Ana could continue her destruction “ a gun was pointed directly against her temple. Ana shivered with fear as the gun clicked. She looked into a pair of dark eyes, recognizing the man immediately. Her heart ached as she stared at Cyrus. He gave her a cynical smile, shaking his head. “What did I tell you, Princess? There is no escaping.” He seized her arms roughly, wrenching her forward. Ana watched as other guards forced the boys to sit. Each man was thrown against the wall by a special chemical. The boys’ powers dimmed dramatically as the chemicals were absorbed into their skin, and they went stiff. “Now watch their fate,” Cyrus hissed in her ear. Five guards aimed their guns at the boys’ hearts.

“Don’t!” Ana shrieked in pain.

“Don’t what?” Cyrus asked.

“Don’t hurt them. I got out myself. I froze the cuffs, and froze the systems. I managed to break the hinges on the door. I’m sorry, okay? I’ll go back with you. Just don’t hurt them. I’ll do whatever you want. Just leave them alone, okay? Cyrus, I’ll behave I promise,” Ana compromised.

“Ana! Shut up!” Howie strained in protest. “She didn’t do everything herself!”

“Is that right, Ice Princess?” Cyrus asked.

“No, he’s wrong,” Ana muttered.

“I see. Two different opinions from those who love one another. Such a dilemma. Whatever shall I do?” Cyrus contemplated with a heavy sigh. Ana thought he might release her, but he eagerly waved his hand. “I suppose I have no choice. These boys deserve death for letting my prize escape. Men, do your duties,” Cyrus answered with a wave of his hand. Ana screamed out as bullets were plunged into the boys’ hearts. She watched them slump down as a small amount of blood trickled from the bullet sight. She let her skin drop to below freezing. Cyrus shrieked in pain as frostbite attacked his fingers. He threw Ana against the wall. “You insolent little whore!”’

“YOU KILLED THEM!” she snarled.

“Wrong, darling, you killed them,” Cyrus answered, letting the bullet release from his own gun. chamber.

*~*~*

Alison sighed softly as she drifted off into a peaceful sleep. She had decided to share a bed with Kimberly. Rose and Paige slept on the floor, while Summer and Jamelet took the other bed. Alison felt as if she were sleeping on clouds. Her body screamed for sleep. She had been running for days on end. Her mind was heavy with fear. She didn’t want to be put back into CAPPA’s cruel world. She kept her fears away from the others as she tried to contemplate the realities of her own life.

Alison stirred when something cracked against the window. Her eyes opened as something curled against her neck. She screeched in surprise, letting her mind take control. She was roughly tossed from the bed as bright lights invaded her eyes. She screamed out, startling the other girls. Men rushed within the room as Alison was brought tightly against someone’s chest. “ROSE! JAMELET! SUMMER! PAIGE! KIMBERLY!” Alison screamed as a hand was clamped against her mouth.

“Shut up you little rat!” a man hissed.

“ALISON!” Rose shrieked, her mind growing cloudy as the world around her grew loud. She struggled to orient herself as she watched Alison squirm within the powerful arms of the man. Rose jumped from her bed as two men lunged for her. Paige had already crawled beneath the bed, hiding in fear.

“SUMMER! WATCH OUT!” she heard Jamelet cry.

Rose couldn’t see the other girls. She felt someone grab her roughly by the shoulders. Rose immediately closed her eyes as she screamed fiercely. The walls began to fall against the wild winds of her mind. Torrent winds whirled about the room as high pitch squeals rushed against the two men’s temples. The high velocities from the winds caused the men to fall to their knees in wretched agony. Blood spurted from their ears as they fell dead. Rose watched Alison being lifted with her winds. She held her arms out in time to catch Alison in her arms. She ran for the hallway behind Jamelet, who had enough time to grab Paige from beneath the bed.

Kimberly allowed Rose to escape with Alison in her arms as one man prepared to tackle her. Kimberly’s bright brown eyes grew bright with her powers. The ground began to quake beneath her. The carpet and floorboards cracked beneath. Before the men could react, the earth split into two large chunks. The men screamed as they fell forward into the Earth. Kimberly let the Earth continue to crumble as she ran out the door.

“JAMELET? SUMMER? ROSE?” Kimberly screamed as she ran down the shaking steps. The plaster against the walls began to crack as Kimberly’s earthquake continued. It would be only a few moments before the building caved completely. She stumbled out of the front door in a blind fury. She shielded herself as the building toppled behind her. Dust, soot, and dirt clung to her skin as she heard someone screaming her name. She squinted against the clouds of decay as she felt a girl’s arms encircle her waist. “Ali?” Kimberly coughed.

“Are you okay?” Alison asked, pulling Kimberly through the dusty haze. Kimberly rubbed her eyes as Alison brought her into the woods. She noted that Paige was curled in Rose’s arms, breathing heavily with fear. Kimberly glanced at Rose, who was paler than normal. All the girls had been through a terrible scare.

“I’m fine, Ali,” Kimberly promised. “Where’s Jamelet?”

“She went to get the car that the old man owned. He’s dead,” Rose whispered.

“Oh my,” Kimberly mourned, collapsing onto the ground. Alison immediately cradled herself within

Kimberly’s arms. Kimberly ran her hands through Alison’s dark hair. Her heart hammered with intensity. “Thank you for waking us up, Ali. Without you, we all would probably be dead.”

The girls fell suddenly quiet. Each stared at one another with amazement. It didn’t seem possible that they were now without another comfort zone. It seemed as if the men were following them with fever. They feared for their lives. Each girl stared at the road until Jamelet arrived with a large van. Jamelet hopped out of the van, leaving it run. She quickly checked over the girls. Her eyes fell upon an empty spot. “Where’s Summer?” Jamelet asked.

The girls’ eyes went wide. No one had bothered to check for Summer, assuming that she was with Jamelet. The girls stood up in complete surprise. They all knew what had happened, although each feared to say the truth. Tears gathered in Alison’s young eyes. “They took her!” Alison wailed.

“Why didn’t anyone get her?” Kimberly shouted.

“It was so dark, I thought she was already out of the house. I can’t believe that I didn’t think to get her. Oh my…” Jamelet whispered with shock. Her face went pale as the girls stood quietly. There was no other option than to believe that Summer had been abducted. The younger girls shook with fear, wondering if Summer would be treated kindly.

“Poor, Summer,” Paige whispered.

It felt as if Jamelet had been physically slapped. She had promised to take care of all the girls, that even included Summer. She listened to the purr of the engine, knowing that they couldn’t stand around. Someone would be back to capture them. Jamelet needed to save the rest of the girls. They were the most important. Summer could survive on her own. Jamelet straightened her shoulders, wiping away her tears. She couldn’t loose her backbone. “Let’s go girls, into the van.”

“That’s it?” Rose snorted in anger. “We’re just leaving? What about Summer?”

“She can take care of herself,” Jamelet concluded, trying to cover her emotions.

“But””

Jamelet gave Rose a cold glare. They couldn’t waste any more time. Jamelet closed her eyes, saying a quick prayer for Summer’s safety. She then ushered the girls toward the van. “The van, girls, now!” Jamelet ordered.

*~*~*

Ana moaned softly as lights blinded her eyes. She squinted in the light, trying to accommodate herself. Her vision cleared to make out the bright cream coloring of a parlor room. She felt her bare feet sink into the soft luscious carpet. Her arms tied to the oak wood of a velvet cream couch. She could feel a rifle barrel being pressed into her back. Several men stood within the room, all their guns aimed against Ana’s chest. She blinked back tears of pain as Cyrus invaded her sight. She growled with displeasure, memories of the boys’ dead bodies invading her thoughts.

“Good morning, sweetheart,” Cyrus laughed, reaching down to untie her hands from the chair. “I want you to realize that you are meeting a very important man within five minutes. This whole entire room is under surveillance. Twenty men are aiming their rifles at your heart. You make one false move, or if your breath turns to ice “ they will kill you instantly. I have no regrets of that, either, darling. Is that understood?”

“Yes, father,” she snarled.

He laughed as he patted her head. Releasing the last of her bindings, Ana was placed to her feet. It was only then that she sensed what she was wearing. Her long flaxen curls had been trimmed and laid neatly against her shoulders. Her lips were glossed with a light hue of coloring. Her body lay confined within a long dress that graced the floor. A veil of lace covered her with a shawl about her bare shoulders. The upper portion of the white dress held no straps or sleeves, but merely hugged against her bosom. It clung to her pale body like a second skin, and blended perfectly with her snowy complexion. Her curves flattering the dress as she stood there. She truly looked like an Ice Princess.

“Aren’t you beautiful,” a voice called out. Ana glanced up to see another man enter the room. Her heart caught against a notch of dread. The man moved with a slow manner as his solid oak cane tapped lightly against the carpet. Dark He walked with a professional demeanor, the cane merely providing a gentle support. His body draped within a thick black cape and dark black suit. Dark brown hair lay gently against his scalp as gray hair splashed against the top. His face was crinkled with age, though his dark sapphire eyes caused fear to bubble against Ana’s throat. She went silent as he stood beside Cyrus. “Is this my Anastacia?”

“Of course, Mr. Steeles. This is Anastacia Grace Lord,” Cyrus introduced. “Anastacia, this is your new master, Mr. Geoffrey Steeles. You will be living on his estate. I suggest you greet him properly and treat him with the utmost respect. This man is offering to take you off my hands and care for you.”

Ana remained silent while Mr. Steeles took her hand into his. He pressed his lips upon her skin. “I find you the most beautiful creature in the world, Miss Lord. I have been searching for you for years. I am offering you a chance at a wonderful life within my home. I have already made the perfect room for you to dwell in. I assure you that you will fall in love with it. I must tell you, I live in an ancient castle that overlooks the seas. It’s bitterly cold upon the rocks, but it does not matter. It’s a beautiful place. You will be the perfect compliment to my quiet estate. I can give you all your heart desires, and I promise you that.”

Ana looked at him with disgust. There was a certain lustful glimmer within his cold sapphire eyes. She immediately yanked her hand away from his grasp, startling him. She pointed an accusing finger at him while her eyes began to light with diamond coloring. “You have no right to think I will be some object in your diseased mind! I am not yours, nor will I ever be yours. I demand that you end this masquerade, or you will be doomed. I will circle you like a vulture, waiting for your weakest moment. Then, I will freeze you from the outside in. Your brain will be stimulated by the fresh blood as your body explodes with ice. I promise you that it is no easy death, nor painless.”

“Do you insult me with your threats, Miss Lord?”

“Did I stutter?” she hissed.

“You are quite fiery, my dear, but it only expands my adoration of you. I will not let you go, nor will I be killed. You are my slave, and that is understood,” Mr. Steeles explained as he clapped his hands. Within a few moments an object was thrust at his feet. Ana’s eyes narrowed as Howie gazed up at her in fear. His face was bloody from more torture. His lips cracked and began to bleed as he tried to whisper something to her. Ana felt sick, although she began thanking God that he was alive. She wanted to hold him with comfort, but Mr. Steeles gathered her at his side, placing his old hand along her hip. “Do you know this man, Lovely?”

“Yes,” she answered as Howie’s eyes burned with jealousy.

“What is his name?” Mr. Steeles asked.

“Howie,” she whispered.

“What, darling?”

“His name is Howard,” she answered, speaking up as Cyrus grinned at her.

“Good, then it’s settled. This is why you will not kill me, my darling. This man is being loaded into a small cart to be shipped to my estate. He will be my slave while you are settled within my castle,” Mr. Steeles announced as he kicked Howie’s bare shoulder. Howie winced in pain as Ana gasped. Their eyes met as Mr. Steeles tightened his grasp upon Ana’s hip. “He is my slave, as well as your partner. I will treat him with respect if you obey my wishes. I only ask for your company and affection. If you do behave, I will consider letting you two visit under guarded circumstances. However, this does come with a price, my darling. Please accept my threats. If you misbehave in our home, Anastacia, this man will receive the punishment