- Text Size +
A/N: Real quick note to all readers, enjoy this chapter and please drop a review for this story. It helps me and my co-writer Ana feel so much better! *grins* Thanks and hope this chapter brings a smile on your face!

“Contributions of Dilemma”

**~Chapter Thirteen- Psychological Imprisonment

She screamed out as the hail pounded in her room. The loud pieces of ice spill on the floor, scattering and leaving ice patches on the bright white floor. Her long white dress was drenched in the hail and rain that pounded in the room she would she remain in. Her flaxen curls droop down her shoulders as trails of water trace over her face. The cold drops of water sprinkle her snowy skin and crash into her room. She hits the glass pane door that held her trapped inside the room in agony as she cries out she hates this place. She wanted to kill Cyrus and tear Mr. Steeles to shreds once she lays her hands on him. She screamed out for freedom and her hatred against Cyrus and his plots. She just wanted to be home, away from all this mess and be in comforts of the one she can love: Howie, if he allows it. She raises her hands in the air and stops the freezing rain. The tears on her face drip off as she walks slowly over to the white dressed canopy bed. Puddles of water caress her soft white toes and she heads towards the canopy bed. Angrily, she pushes aside the baby blue veils and sits on the cushions of the bed. She draws her knees up to her chest, the wet dress clung to her moist skin as she buries her head in the crooks of her arms weeping.
~*~

Howie opens his coffee eyes to stare at the dingy room he was thrown in. One of the servants under the request of Mr. Steeles gave Howie a good beating on his back with a thick whip. He knew the cut drew up blood, for he could feel the stinging of the wound as he sits up. Dizzily, he stands up and limps over to the door which was locked. Grunting in pain, he places his hand on his back and closes his eyes wishing the pain would just disappear. Within a matter of minutes, Howie realized he was no longer in pain. In fact he felt good and was curious to see why. He sees an ancient black dresser with a stained mirror on the top and makes his way over in that direction. Upon arriving to the mirror, he lifts up his white blood stained shirt to see how badly his bruises really where. His eyes grew wide as he stares at the reflection in the mirror. It was a miracle, all the bruises that brandished his body has disappeared. There were no wounds and not even scars were found on his body. His mouth drops open in amazement as he stares at his chest and back. He couldn’t believe it, his body healed. It truly was miracle for him. He traces his tan fingers down his back in utter surprise that the wounds had healed themselves. Howie didn’t know how it happen but it he glad with the results. Suddenly concerns over his four brothers consumed him.

“They probably think I died back over there.” Howie whispers as he pulls down his shirt and stares around the room. He feels a sting from his lips which were still in bad condition. Curious to see what would happen, Howie grabs his lower lip gently with one of his hands and tugs on it. He looks in the mirror and again thinks of being healed. Suddenly a tiny yellow twinkle of electric light glitters on his fingertips. The small electrical current softly touches his injured lips and glows as it heals the cuts on the lips. Howie watches all this in pure amazement until his lips were healed completely. The cuts vanished and the small electrical current seeps back into his fingers. He could heal, his powers advanced to the point where he can heal himself when in danger. This was a wonderful surprise to Howie who smiles happily. The musty smell was bothering Howie and in the dark, it was difficult to see. Howie looks around the pitch black room only to notice his eyes were glowing a soft yellow. He can see in the dark! He looks around the room and it seemed to be like someone turned on a light bulb. He could see clearly the room and again this surprised Howie who was delighted to see what else his powers can do. He walks to the locked door and an idea struck him. He reaches out and grabs the cold copper doorknob in his hands. After a second, a rush of light or rather electricity crashes into the door, breaking it open. The thick wooden door crashes down in front of him as he steps out the room. He smiles but the smile soon left when he was met with servants yelling and pointing at his direction.

Somehow he knew Steeles would be furious with this and have him punished, but he needed a plan and then it hit him. “Of course why didn’t I think of this before?” Howie whispers to himself: as Steeles is heard far off yelling about something. Howie just figured out the perfect way to escape and needed to put that plan in action now.
~*~

Rose fights to keep her eyes open but sleep seems to winning. In a matter of seconds, she was knocked out and slumped back on the car seat. Alison who was tucked under the arms of Jamelet and Paige were all sound asleep. Kimberly yawns and turns to shift positions on the van seat when she hears whispering coming from near by. Rapidly seating up, she presses her tan face near the van window. Her eyes squint against the harsh yellow flashlights that were inching closer to her. Her breath got caught in her throat when she sees a parade of CAPPA soldiers making their way over to the van their in. She gulps and gives Rose a push on the shoulder, “GET UP!” She whispers loudly to Rose.

Rose yawns and sits up, her eyes drooping with sleep embedded in it. “What?”

‘They’re coming!” Kimberly yells softly.

Rose bolts up in her seat and tilts her head to the van window next to Kimberly’s side. “Oh na man. No way! This ain’t good!” She whispers loudly, the fear etched in her voice. Kimberly nudges Jamelet and Alison to wake up and tells them the soldiers are approaching.

Jamelet gulps and watches the van window lit up with oncoming flashlights.

Alison slowly opens her dark brown eyes and tugs on Paige who is slumped on the van wall in a deep sleep.

Jamelet sighs and watches the back of the van which they locked. The door handle turns and all the women gasps as the back door was about to be opened.

Rose had idea, she rushes over to the back door and using the little power she had left from before, she blows wind which by some strange miracle latches on the door lock, pulling it closed. This caused the doors to remain locked and makes it difficult for those to enter the van and open it

Jamelet rushes over to the front of the van and sees a small walkie talkie lying on the floor. “Ok, you guys I have an idea, but you gotta work with me alright?” Her peach fingers grab the small black box in her hands.

The others nodded and listened as Jamelet explains that she’ll contact the CAPPA soldiers main commander and tell them to withdraw. “That under Cyrus’s orders, the remaining women have been captured and are being sent to him as he speaks.”

Alison gulps and shakes her head, “But they saw us! How will they believe that?”

Kimberly smiles, “They’ll believe whatever Cyrus says. Now the question is how are you going to talk to the commander, are you going to say you’re an employer there?” Her bright dark brown eyes glitters as the auburn center of her eyes gleam in the soft moonlight.

“Yeah, they won’t know who I am, but I have the walkie talkie that belongs to one of the soldiers. They’ll think I’m one of the people sent from CAPPA and they’ll move on.” Jamelet states in time to see Rose drop on the floor from exhaustion after using her power for so long.

“Oh God, Rose, you ok?” Paige asks, dragging Rose to the van seat in the front. Jamelet meanwhile tells the others to stay quiet as she contacts the commander of the soldiers.

“This is agent GC4 speaking what’s the problem?” A gruff voice speaks through all the static.

“Yes, I’m one of Cyrus’s doctors and he stated to drop the search for the remaining women. He found the group and the women are already heading back to the institution. Drop the search, do you hear me?. Under Cyrus’s order’s- drop the search!” Jamelet states with confidence as the banging on the back doors increases. Rose’s little wind was still holding onto the door, but would soon disappear if the girls aren’t fast enough to find a way out.

“Who am I speaking to?” The gruff voice responds, the static making it almost inaudible to understand.

“This is…” Jamelet thinks and sees a picture in her wallet of her with Natalie taken a while back. “Natalie. Doctor Natalie from the Cappa institutions.”
“Oh, doctor! Yes, ma’am. I’ll call off the soldiers at once. Did you see the young woman captured, she said she knew you.” The gruff voice responds.

The girls all sighs in relief but hold their breath as Jamelet tries to answer the question. The banging on the door ceases after a few seconds and the throngs of soldiers dispersed under the commander’s voice.

“Young woman? What are you talking about?” Jamelet whispers as the mumbling of soldiers and their walking creates a loud racket making it difficult to understand what the voice was saying in the walkie talkie.

“Excuse me? I can’t hear you. What did you say?” Jamelet asks. Suddenly the walkie talkie shuts off as its batteries deteriorate and run out.

“Oh man! We lost connection!” Rose whispers angrily, her blonde tresses tousled.

“Well it worked right?” Jamelet asks, passing her fingers through her dark brown locks.

“I guess so.” Alison whispers looking at the back door, the small wind now completely dissipated as Rose sits up in her seat.

“Well did they leave?” Rose mumbles softly, her eyes gazing around dizzily at the back of the van.

“Yeah for now.” Jamelet states, sighing. It seems Natalie was also caught and that just left her with the four girls. She leans her back on the van wall and slides down, sitting down on the hard floor.
~*~

Vincent taps his foot impatiently waiting for Kevin to finish dressing. “Man that was fast.” Vincent states, his grey eyes amused with how quickly the elder of the group dressed.

Kevin rolls his eyes and flings his blood stain shirt towards Vincent’s direction. “Yeah well you get good at it when you do concerts and have thirty seconds to change.” Kevin mumbles, tying the thick laces to the black boots.

Vincent hears the running of the soldiers as the alarm shuts off. Over ten soldiers race down the hallway pass where Vincent and Kevin are standing at. Vincent turns around and stares at the other three men and one woman. “Ok, guys. We’ll be back ASAP. Don’t go any where.”

Nick responded in sarcastic tone, “Well gee man. Where we gonna go? To the other side of the wall.” His blue orbs gleaming in hate.

Kevin smiles, “He’s a bit angry, his powers didn’t work right when we were in the room with Ana. He’ll get over it, right Nick?”

Nick grumbled a profanity and slumps to the floor glaring at Kevin. “Ok, I’m ready to go.” Kevin states to Vincent who shuts the cells and locks it.

Vincent smiles and tilts his head, “Alrighty, the exit’s this way.” And both men disappear down the hallway.

A.J. glares at Summer and begins cracking his knuckles. “You know I thought I was beginning to like you until this came up.”

Summer rolls her emerald eyes and swings her legs off the side of the bed, “Yeah well. What can I say? You don’t seem to believe me anyway.”

Brian smiles and pokes Summer on the side of stomach. “Just apologize. He’s acting like a big baby right now. I believe ya. I mean you wouldn’t be here if you weren’t in the same predicament as us right?”

Summer grins and nods her head, her blonde tresses hung above her shoulders. “I’m sorry A.J. Do you forgive me? I promise to call you.” She says sweetly, batting her emerald orbs at him.

Nick chuckles and pushes A.J. “Say yeah and get it over with!” A sly smile plastered on his face.

A.J. winks at Summer at nods his head, “Ok, I forgive you, but to make certain, give me a kiss.”

“What?!” Summer states surprised, her eyes open wide as a big grin spreads over her snowy face.

A.J. puckers up and points to her, calling her over with his finger.

Summer laughs and was glad that the guys chilled out, at least she won’t be bored out of her mind while trapped here.
~*~

Natalie sighs as she types on the lab top one of the soldiers bought in for her. Her weapon was found by one of the guards earlier on, who was gonna tell Cyrus, but Natalie somehow convinced the guard to not open his mouth about this. If Cyrus found out what her intentions were, she would have been treated as badly as the others were. She leans back on the chair and feels the cold metal tip of the gun on her neck. She couldn’t slack off, they were watching her and if she stopped when not told, there was always a soldier armed and ready to take her life. Natalie gulps and pushes on a button, waiting for the computer to download a file. ‘This is gonna take a while.’ She thinks to herself as her deep set coffee eyes gaze outside the window to freedom.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**