- Text Size +
A/N: Real quick, this chapter I wrote, Ana writes the even number chapters, so now you all know. Please leave a review ok! Thanks!


"Contributions of Dilemma"



~Chapter Seventeen: Lightening Strikes Twice

He opens his eyes slowly to see the gentle roses caressing his body. He was enraptured in the bed of roses; the warm green grass blankets his legs as he tries to stand up. He was exhausted and he needed a ride back to Washington immediately. His dark coffee eyes stare back behind him to see a whirlwind of snow, the blizzard covering the exquisite castle Ana was held in. "I'll get you out Ana. I promise you that."

Howie stares at the vacant road as he scrolls his eyes up and down the cement roadside. No cars are around so early in the morning. The early morning sun light peeks its head between some clouds. The bright blue sky opens itself up to allow the golden arc of sun radiate its light into the darkness. Howie sighs and walks towards to the sunlight. His body filled with warmth as he steps away from the roadside. His legs wobble a bit as he stands in the middle of the road underneath the circle of sunlight. His body sighs in relief as the sun seems to rejuvenate him some how. It was wonderful for a second, as Howie closes his eyes and stands under the sunlight. Peacefulness engulfs his body as the only other sound was of birds chirping from a distance. Howie didn't hear a van coming towards him on the road. Suddenly the blaring of a horn startles Howie as he faces in time to see the van coming towards him at full speed. Howie screams out and places his hands in front of him, hoping by some miracle the black van will not reach him. His legs were too weak to move anymore and Howie feels the fresh gulp of fear zooming at him, down his spine. The black van suddenly screeches to a stop when out of Howie's hands a small blast of electrical current crashes into the engine of the van. The van chugs along and stops centimeters away from Howie's fingers. Howie could hear his yell echoing in the quiet surroundings as the front bumper of the van lightly touches his leg.

Howie gulps and stares in fright at the tinted windows of the van. He wanted to see who was idiotic to run him over. The driver of the van flings open the van door and steps out of the vehicle. A built man stands before him, his black goatee down the side of his face. The man stares at Howie angrily and points his dark chocolate finger at him. The man wore all black, and on his head a black baseball hat.

"You fool! What the hell is wrong with you?! You wanna get run over, standing in the middle of the road like that!?" The man growls his gruff voice interrupting the peaceful forest.

"Well why were you racing towards me like you were gonna kill me?!" Howie shouts, his dark coffee eyes glaring at the man. The man sucks his teeth and rolls his dark brown eyes.

"Thought you were road kill, figured you be smart enough to move!" The man seethes.

Howie stays quiet and takes a deep breath as he examines the van. Something about it, reminded him of CAPPA. Howie watches as the tall dark man grumbles some profanities and talks with someone inside the van.

"Amerian, what's the problem? Just go, we gotta schedule to keep!" Someone shouts from within the van.

Amerian smirks and clumps back over the van door, leaning on the side of the door, he waves his hand towards to Howie to tell him to move out the way.

"Wait! You're from CAPPA aren't you?" Howie yells before he realized his mistake.

Amerian laughs and reaches into the van for something. "That was pretty interesting how you stopped the van like that. You know, I didn't press the brakes, but somehow the van stopped. Figured you had something to do with it, right Howie?" He states holding a rifle towards Howie.

Howie raises his arms in the air, "Whoa wait, I don't know what you're talking about?"

"Don't play dumb with me. Get in the van Howie. Now!" Amerian grits between his teeth.

Howie shuffles to the front and side of the van before two black attired soldiers grab him on each arm and drag him to the back of the van. Howe lets his eyes catch a glimpse of the golden letters etched on the side of the van. 'Cappa.' He thinks to himself. He's caught again and he failed Ana. Now Cyrus is surly gonna kill him now he gets back to Washington D.C.


~*~



Alison screams out again in fear as Kimberly bolts upright in the hard bed, Cyrus planted in the room. She races over to the screaming teenager hoping to soothe out the fears. Since the video with Ana, it seems for the past week sleep wasn't working for any of them. Half the night, Kimberly would stay awake thinking of the horrors Ana endured for all of them and here she was acting on pure emotions. Kimberly decided to end the feud and apologize to Alison for her rude behavior back in the forest yesterday. She was lucky she stated sorry for she missed the late night conversations they would all have about boys and such. Kimberly figured if she changed her attitude that maybe she along with the other girls can find a way or means of escape. She embraces the brown haired Alison in her arms, as Alison whimpers in fear the tears falling like a waterfall. "Shhh. Don't worry anymore. Ana did what she did. She's strong, she can overcome Steeles, you'll see."

Alison raises her teary stained face up and stares into Kimberly's eyes, "No, you don't see what I see. She's hurting! They're treating her like an animal, caged in a wild creature and acting like she's the slave. She's under the will and command of that psycho! We got to save her!"

Rose opens her eyes and gets up from her small twin size bed, Cyrus offered each girl. Her blonde tresses fall over her azure eyes gently as she joins the two young teenagers. "Where ever Ana is, she can survive. She's the strongest and she knows it."

Paige who was sitting on the hard metallic floor spaced off, joins in the conversation, "We'll die before we have a normal life again." Her golden locks hung limply over her shoulders.

"Don't say that! You heard the guard, the guys are in here somewhere. That means we have back up. Look if we did it before, what makes you think we can't do it again?" Kimberly says gently.

Paige sighs and points to the black bars that held them within the cell. "Because of that."

All eyes turn to see two soldiers dressed in black attire dragging Brian by the arms, the rest of his weak body scraping on the cement ground.

Rose sighs heavily and closes her eyes, "Well there goes our backup." And she slides under the covers wanting to wish the trauma away.


~*~



She raises her head and snaps open her eyes. She's blinded by the harsh whiteness of the hospital room. The beeping of the heart monitor was the only sound in the room besides her heavy breathing.

Something wasn't right, she has collapsed but why? She wasn't ill, she knew that for sure. The disease that was passed down from her sister to her was a mistake; a lie she found was embedded to keep her working in the company with her father's supervision. She found out this information after escaping from CAPPA a couple of months ago. Her light brown eyes scan the room to see Kevin sleeping on a chair besides her bed. She smiled, thankful that he had taken her here for her safely. But she wasn't in danger but she knew who was.

She reaches her hand out and lightly nudges Kevin. Her peach color returned and she looked more energetic. All she needed was some sleep, not a big deal at all. But that still didn't explain the reason why she collapsed, she figured it was stress related. With all she and others are going through, no wonder she had a break down. She takes off the hospital bracelet and waits for Kevin to open his eyes.

He yawns and sits up, smiling at her, "Well you're up."

"Yup. Let's go." Was all Jamelet said as she leaps out the bed and races to the small counter where her clothes were folded. Slipping into her dark blue jeans and throwing on her purple tank top, she fishes on the counter for some socks and finds a pair. Slipping into warm with cotton socks and putting on her beige boots, she zips up the boots and runs her fingers through her dark brown locks which lie in a mess.

"Hold up! You're ill. You can't be going anywhere!" Kevin shouts in alarm.

Jamelet sighs and pulls on his arm, "We're getting out, the girls are in danger, from what I can tell, it looks like they got caught. We gotta go back to CAPPA! We have the save the others!"

"Oh ok. But are you sure you're ok?" Kevin whispers, opening the front door, eyeing Jamelet curiously.

She nods, "It's a long story. But I can tell ya, I'm not sick, nor was I ever. Now can we go?"

Kevin nods his head and waits for Jamelet to exit the room as he follows along.


~*~



Nick walks over to thick white metal door and peers through the small window, "I should kill them for what they did to Brian. Look at him!" He lashes out, pointing at the unconscious dirty blonde man lying on the metallic tiles.

A.J. sighs and tries to calm down his friend, "Save it for later Nicky. We'll need it when we break out this joint." He mumbles as he stares at Summer who's staring at Brian.

"What did they do to him?" Summer asks, her voice quivers in fear.

"The same they do to all of us, who decide to act up. He was punished for his remark." A.J whispers gently placing Brian on the only bed that was in the dingy cell.

"Look!" Nick shouts as he points to a small television screen at the corner of the cell.

The others stare in horror as a replay of a young woman screaming in pure agony filled the cell with her desperate yells.

"It's Ana!" A.J. yells as he watches the screen show Ana's abused body. She was chained and was cut up as Howie stood watching and getting abused as well.

Summer screams over and over again, not believing what she saw. "Oh Dear God, what did they do to her?!" Nick tries to reach the small television but it was too far up in the ceiling to be touched.

A.J. tries to calm down the screaming Summer but soon watches as Summer faints from horror into A.J.'s arms.


~*~



Natalie paces the room back and forth, Cyrus was losing his mind to think Ana was the one needed for that sicko to mess with. Natalie knew Ana's will can never be broken, can it? The whole story that Cyrus told her was a bit too hard to swallow. How was she to believe in such a thing like that? It was a fairy tale, and nothing more. She recalled her parents telling her that story when she misbehaved as a child. Cyrus couldn't possibly believe that story now could he? Steeles was too odd to think of something that ingenious, Natalie would have to go out of her way to guard the ones that are here. Although it's a myth she still needed to watch the group that is captured here. She didn't know what to believe anymore. But she knows that as long as Nick is here, Steeles can't have that so called powers of his, he so desires.

"Doctor, I think you have a visitor who wants to see you." A young soldier asks, his short blond locks tussled under his black CAPPA hat.

"Who is it?" Natalie asks nervously, her chocolate eyes gazing at the man.

The soldier shrugs his shoulder and states a girl wants to talk with her.

"Oh Summer." Natalie states.

"No, it's another girl. She has brown hair, she looks about fifteen or so." The young soldier replies.

Natalie felt her heart caught her throat, 'No, they couldn't have captured the girls could they? They were safe.'

"Brown hair, what's her name?" Natalie states as she steps out the room into the cell where the guys and Summer are.

The soldier waits for Natalie to cross the jail and out the door before he answers her, "Alison."

Natalie froze in fear, 'She's caught.' She thinks to herself as her heart hammered in her chest.

"Do me a favor k? Cyrus doesn't like the idea of you mingling with these girls. They know you from before and we don't want them to think there is hope for their escape. So keep the conversation short and sweet. I'll be back to get you in about fifteen minutes." The soldier states, opening the metal door and letting Natalie in the room.

Natalie gasps when she sees, the four girls caught. She trembles and watches as Kimberly and Rose run to her. Natalie could feel her knees buckle as she tumbles into Rose's arm.

Alison murmurs, "I thought she would be happy to see us." She lowers her dark brown eyes to the floor.

Paige shrugs her shoulders and watches the other two girls place Natalie on an empty twin bed. "Guess we all got a lot to talk about with her, huh?"

Rose nods her head, "No doubt, let's just hope she tells us why she wasn't with us after she came back from visiting her family." And with that settles back on the hard ground in the cell.


~**~



**~To Be Continued…~**