- Text Size +
"Contributions of Dilemma"



**~Chapter Twenty-three-Running in Circles~**

He gasps and stops running, taking in gulps of air. Smiling, he gazes around the quiet forest. He couldn't believe his luck, he was freed from the imprisonment that Cyrus had held him and the others. Brian stares at the dark heavens, the peacefulness engulfing him. He felt extremely tired after attacking Cyrus with the bubonic plaque. His arms and legs ache in pain and the transformation from solid to gas and back to solid form was just pure traumatic and insane. Brian huffs and puffs, taking in the cool air. He had managed to run about a good two miles away from the institution but felt he was still too close.

"I need a way to get away from here and fast. I know they're looking me." He whispers, sensing the close presence of the hunters on the search for his body. Brian felt too tired to run, his body cried out in pain and he was struggling to cooperate properly with his legs. "I gotta keep moving." He cried out, his light complexion flushed as his legs brought up a stinging pain. Limping, he runs into the forest, brushing pass trees, hoping to lose anyone that could be following him. He runs and stops when he hears voices and footsteps coming closer to him. Brian turns to see a creature, its stomach ripped open, the putrid flesh slashed to reveal the decaying organs. Its black heart thumped as the creature's talons stretch out to touch Brian's black jeans. The smell of rotting flesh invaded his nostrils as he crinkles his nose at the disgusting smell. Its murky yellow orbs watch Brian as the encrusted blood smeared on its decaying flesh. "Brian." The creature growled.

Brian yells out and back away as fear races down his spine. "Oh dear God, what are you?!"

The creature smiles and walks forward slowly advancing towards him. Brian screams as the creature clasps its talons and wraps Brian up in an embrace. Brian cries out until he went hoarse as the creature tries to squeeze him in its embrace. Brian screams out in pure fear when he suddenly feels himself light, as if floating in the air. Through his screaming he failed to recognize that the creature lies dead wrapped in a grip around Brian's waist. Brian gags and kicks the creature's corpse away as he shivers in pure terror. He starts taking deep breath fearing he's going under shock. He sees a small cave and almost crawls over to it hoping he can hide until he can seek a way to travel to get to Howie and Kevin. He fingers around his pockets and forgot that Cyrus took any and all form of identification and contact that Brian might use to get away. Grumbling, Brian pulls his legs up to his chest and wraps his arms around it. He buries his head in his arms and hopes that in the morning he can somehow by some miracle find the others.


~*~



Jamelet paces around the room staring at the wounded Ana. Howie strokes his fingers through Ana's golden locks as he sighs and taps his foot impatiently waiting for Kevin to finish covering the windows for all their protection.

"What is it that you needed to talk to me about?" Ana whispers as she winces in agony from the throbbing scratches on her shoulder and arm.

Howie sighs and looks at Kevin who smiles and nods his head giving him the cue. "Ok, Ana I need you to listen to me. It's important what I'm gonna say. And I'm glad that you're calm down."

Ana rolls her eyes and settles back on the chair, "What? You're gonna propose to me or something?" She states with a smirk on her face, her golden tresses pulled up in a handmade bun with a few stray strands tumbling down the side of her snowy face.

That statement caught Howie off guard as he tries to figure out what he had to tell her. Just as he was about to speak, the cabin was pounded with bullets crashing in the planks and windows. Jamelet and Ana scream as they duck down and cover their heads with their arms. Howie and Kevin stand in shock as the metal bullets shred into the wooden planks.

"Ok, you guys we're surrounded by Cyrus's soldiers, we gotta be careful. I have a plan but Ana I'll need you to help us out. Are you in?" Kevin yells over the crashing bullets as he joins the women and ducks down near the floor.

Ana gulps and glances at Howie who gives her small smile and a pat on her shoulder. Ana grins and nods her head as Jamelet cowers near Howie who covered the young woman from the oncoming bullets pathway.

Kevin grabs Ana's hand and tugs on her softly, "Ok good, this is the plan." He tells her and whispers the rest in her ear. Jamelet and Howie watch the other two and hope that whatever the plan is, that they'll succeed.

"This better work whatever they're thinking of, cause I already had dinner and I have enough protein, don't need the metal bullets in my system." Jamelet states annoyed with a hint of fear in her voice.

Howie smirks and stares as the other two shake hands smiling. He watches as they rush to the front door to take on whomever was the enemy.


~*~



Nick watches the loud disruption that had formed recently over someone fleeing. Nick runs over to the metal door and peers out the small window to see soldiers armed with rifles and explosives ready to go after who ever left the institution. Nick could sense the eyes of the girls on him, knowing they were all afraid and wanted an explanation to the mess.

"I don't know what's happening? I can't hear them talking?" Nick questions, still peering through the small window.

Kimberly and Rose watch nervously covering their ears from the loud screeching alarm.

Alison stands besides him and tries to gaze at the window but couldn't reach it. Her brown eyes bore into Nick as she stands nervously. "What do you see?"

Nick gulps, "The soldiers are getting ready to go after someone. They're carrying the rifles and seem to loaded with arsenal of all types."

"Who are they going after?" Paige asks, her golden locks tinted with orange lie peacefully on her shoulders.

Nick shrugs his shoulder and continues staring at the small slot the door had. He could feel his heart racing and pattering loudly against his chest, for he knew somehow that the person who could have left was one of his friends and he just hoped they had escaped successfully.


~*~



Summer and Natalie whisper to each other as A.J. leans back on the wall staring at the small window of the metal door. He sees the guards and soldiers running around rampantly with loaded arsenal, screaming about Cyrus and how he died. At this statement, A.J.'s heart leaped.

"Whoa you guys did you hear that?" A.J. asks staring at the two women.

Summer shakes her head, her golden locks lying loosely over her small framed body. "What is it?"

"I think someone escaped, looks like they gonna go after them." A.J. whispers loudly.

Natalie runs her fingers down her black pants and fidgets with the lab coat buttons. "Who escaped?"

A.J. shakes his head, "Don't know, but Cyrus is hurt. I think the soldiers said he might be dead."

Natalie smiles, her dark brown orbs wide open, "Wait what? He's dead?"

"Yeah." A.J. states simply, running his fingers through his dyed red and black hair.

Summer gazes at the window of the door and sees soldiers running past screaming.

A.J. walks over to the small slot window of the metal door that encaged them and his heart bangs against his chest at what he hears from one passing solider. A.J. turns around to look at the women, fear edging their way into him. He feels a cold shiver tickle his spine as his ears burn with the name of the one that had escaped. His mouth went dry when he heard the name of the missing person.

Summer noting A.J's paling complexion, nervously asks, "What's wrong?" Her emerald eyes wide in anxiousness.

"A.J. you know who they're after, don't you?" Natalie asks, her dark brown locks lying gently her shoulders.

A.J. nods his head and gulps before he whispers the name, "It's Brian!" With his back pressed against the door, he gulps and slides down bringing his knees up to his chest.

Summer and Natalie stand open mouth in surprise and comfort the man as he sits on the floor in shock.


~**~



**~To Be Continued…~**