- Text Size +
A/N: This is Ana's chapter

Jamelet stretched as she pushed herself away from the desk on her small chair. She had spent hours staring at a screen trying to fill in the correct data for the doctors. It seemed to take forever when she just wanted to be home. Summer was currently watching after the girls. It seemed as if they needed constant supervision, but Jamelet worried too much about their safety. Only one person needed to observe the outrageous acts conjured up within the household to know the unusual circumstances unfolding. Jamelet shivered “ just one person to ruin their lives.

“Sanchez? Do you have Brier’s file?” a doctor called as he peeked his head into Jamelet’s office. She pulled herself back to the desk, typing a few key words into her computer system. She turned around with a broad smile.

“It’s sitting on the desktop of your computer, Dr. Jennings.”

“Thank you,” the doctor stated, hurrying out the door. Jamelet leaned back in her chair, rolling her eyes. The doctors in her office would loose everything if it weren’t for Jamelet’s guidance. Jamelet was satisfied with the importance of her job, no matter how insignificant it seemed to most. She had chosen a position as a Medical Secretary and Physician’s Assistant in a small doctor’s office about two blocks away from the home. She was close enough to the girls so that if trouble arose, she could leave quickly, and she still worked in the medical field, which pleased her. Summer worked in a different office three blocks the other direction from the home, and filled her duty as a doctor in the office, which gave her good hours and time to do research on the girls’ diseases. Both girls made enough money to maintain the decent home.

Jamelet turned away from her computer, eyeing the clock. It was time to close out and head home. She was thankful that the day had ended so quickly. She didn’t feel right being away from the house. There was something brewing in her soul. Jamelet couldn’t ignore the knowing at her heart. She felt as if someone were betraying her, however, the girls constantly scolded her on being overly cautious.

She shook her head, smiling as she took her coat from the hook of her door. She made sure that her computer was locked down. Jamelet tugged her coat on as she snatched her purse. She made her way to the front of the office. She hummed softly to herself until she heard the front door slam close. Jamelet peered out from the corner of the hallway, but immediately cowered against the wall at what had arrived.

Two large men had barged into the office. Neither looked to be a resident of Jamelet’s area. Each wore a long leather jacket, billowing against the background of the office. The black clothing they were projected shadows against the jackets. Their eyes were concealed behind sharp black glasses. Each wore a pair of leather gloves on their large hands. Their muscles bulged against the tight fabric. The first man, who was of a lighter color and held a scar above his right eye, slammed his hands against the desk, causing the nurse to jump with fright. Jamelet’s breath caught. “I’m looking for a woman who works here,” he growled.

The nurse stepped backward from the desk in obvious surprise. She brought her hands across her stomach, holding herself. The men seemed to glare from behind the glint of their dark glasses. “D-D-Do you have an appointment with the woman?”

“Obviously not,” the other snorted.

“Then I c-c-can’t“”

“Her last name is Sanchez.”

The nurse’s eyes grew bright in recognition. Jamelet groaned as she jumped up. The nurse quickly gave the finer details of Jamelet’s work in the building. Jamelet’s breath caught while the nurse told them where they could locate her office. She tried to calm herself, thinking they might actually go back to her room, but instead, she heard the front door slam close again.

Her breath released as she ran from behind the hallway. The nurse tried to make contact with Jamelet, but she ignored the nurse’s voice. Jamelet pulled the collar of her coat tightly against her neck. She rushed out the door, praying that she made it home in time. Those men were up to something, and she hadn’t a clue what to do about the events unfolding.

*~*~*

Howie sat tightly bound to his examination table as his friends huddled in a corner. Cyrus had returned from the city quicker than expected. He had dunked each of them in the pool of horrors as the hours passed. Howie now waited for his demise into the liquids. Each of his friends came back more drained than before. Howie assumed that Cyrus was working out his aggressions. His worried eyes scanned over his friends as they sat quietly.

“I can’t believe Jamelet lied to us,” AJ whispered bitterly, “Summer, too. They said they could cure us. They let us believe this lie, and we thought we were out of the woods, and now we’re back in the hellhole. They better pray to God that I never see them again.”

“Alexander,” Kevin scorned, coughing heavily. He had been the last dunked into the pool. None spoke of the torture that awaited Howie. Cameras watched their every move. Kevin rubbed his wrists, just thankful that Cyrus had released them from their locked positions on the tables. “It wasn’t Jamelet nor Summer that caused us this problem. They wanted to help us.”

“If they wanted to help, we wouldn’t be here,” Brian whispered. He glanced down at his raw hands. Cyrus had made him kill ten guards. His hands ached with the stench of death. Brian closed his eyes - tears trickled down his cheeks. It hurt so badly. He wondered if Alison still felt the pain of her powers. He wondered if Alison was still okay. He could still feel the little girl in his arms as they ran from CAPPA. He never stopped thinking of her.

“No, no, no, that’s not it,” Nick answered, finally voicing his opinion. He thought of Rose, unable to hide his smile. He glanced at them, knowing they wouldn’t understand the smile. “The girls are in trouble, too. Cyrus was on the phone when I was in there. He left the place for a reason. He said something about tracking the girls.”

Before any man could speak of the comment, the door was pushed open. Immediately, AJ, Nick, Brian, and Kevin covered their heads. They had tried to free one another when Kevin had been taken for the treatment. Each had been beaten badly by the butts of the guards’ guns. The guards smirked with approval as they walked over to Howie. “You’re next, Latino.”

“Please,” Howie whispered in pure fear.

“Don’t worry, we’re not the ones torturing you “ Cyrus is.”

*~*~*

Jamelet burst into the house like a bat out of hell. Her dark eyes were wild with fear as she slammed the door behind her. She heard the pounding footsteps upstairs responding to the negative energy felt within the house. Jamelet looked up to see the Rose, Kimberly, and Paige staring down at her from the balcony of the home. Summer walked from the kitchen. Her smile froze when she saw the wildness of Jamelet’s features.

“What happened?” Summer asked with a frown.

“I think that we need to leave,” Jamelet whispered.

“WHY?!” Rose and Kimberly screeched immediately in horror. The girls loved the house more than anything. They were the eldest of the group since Ana’s departure. They had ruled over the four girls. Each seemed to have a quality of Ana’s personality, but none that could match Ana’s leadership. Jamelet knew each girl tried to fill Ana’s shoes, but found it hard.

“Because something happened!” Jamelet screeched, brushing her thoughts of Ana away.

“We’re not leaving,” Paige answered defensively. “This is my first home and I like it here.”

“You can’t uproot us for no reason, Jamelet,” Rose agreed.

“You need to tell us what happened, Jamelet. You’re worrying us,” Summer soothed as she walked over to her friend. Jamelet nodded, opening her mouth to speak. However, her words were soon stopped as little Alison burst from the living room. Her dark eyes were wide with fear and worry. Her mouth had formed a ‘o’ of surprise.

“YOU GUYS! BACKSTREET WAS ABDUCTED A FEW DAYS AGO!” Alison shrieked.

“What?” Rose asked in shock.

“THEY’RE GONE! THEY DISAPPEARED FROM THEIR TOUR BUS!” Alison exclaimed, waving her hands in the air to add to the effect. Everyone fell silent after Alison’s news. Alison frowned “ she assumed that her news would bring a rousing of noise. She glanced at everyone, absorbing the postures and feelings within the room. Alison turned to Jamelet. “What’s wrong?” she asked.

“Nothing,” Jamelet lied.

Alison narrowed her eyes. Her light brown eyes suddenly turned dark as a light breeze entered the room. Jamelet’s eyes grew wide as she felt her personal thoughts invaded. The phone began to ring against the background, but no one picked it up as Alison concentrated. “Someone was at the office,” Alison whispered, reading Jamelet’s mind with accuracy. Jamelet shook her head, trying to cover her ears. Alison looked deeper into Jamelet’s heart.

“Who was at the office?” Summer asked.

Before Alison could answer the question, the answering machine went off. The tensions in the room caused a thick silence. Everyone jumped at the sound of their voices on the machine. Summer raced to the answering machine, prepared to hit the button to stop recording, but the voice coming out startled her. She backed up, bumping into the adjacent wall.

Ana’s voice rang clear against their brains: “I know you guys don’t want to hear from me, but listen up, there’s trouble brewing. The boys are gone, and I know something is going down. You guys have to get out of that house as soon as possible. Go somewhere secret, and don’t move. I have some things to do for myself, but I’ll find you myself, don’t try to contact me. Got it? Just get out! Remember, you can’t kill what’s already dead!”

*~*~*

Howie trembled as he was strapped to the familiar metal chair. Beads of sweat collected against his temples as Cyrus approached him. The man seemed deeper in thought than before. He was shuffling about some papers. Howie chewed on his bottom lip as two men rushed to Cyrus’s side. Howie struggled a bit in the chair, but it only seemed to hold him tighter. Cyrus glared at him before turning to the men. “What is it that you want?” Cyrus asked.

“Steeles called. He wants to know if you located Ice,” the one man stated.

“Must he be so concerned with Ice?” Cyrus growled, rubbing his temples. “Tell him I’ve located the other four. They are in a small town house in the suburbs of New York. We are planning their capture tonight after I have sedated the boys.”

“Yes, sir,” the man barked.

“Tell him also that Ice is slowly being located. She is the trickiest of all. She is more vicious than one could imagine. I’ve been drawing something up on my computer in the office. Download the files to this computer in here immediately, oh… I’ve got it. Send him my files on her, along with the pictures, that should wet his appetite until I locate the woman,” Cyrus ordered. The men nodded, scurrying out of the room before Cyrus could speak further to them. Cyrus cracked his knuckles as he grabbed the nearby cart, wheeling it to Howie’s side. Howie shivered with uneasiness as Cyrus grinned. “Sorry to keep you waiting, Mr. Dorough, as you see, I have quite a task ahead of me.”

Howie said nothing. He stared at Cyrus with true fear. His tan face had turned suddenly pale as the hot lights glared down upon his skin. He squirmed around in the seat as Cyrus looked over his tools. Howie’s eyes fluttered with nervousness as he eyed the large number of scalpels, needles, picks, and other assorted instruments. Cyrus chuckled at Howie’s actions. “Are you familiar with your power, Mr. Dorough? I know we must not be naïve at this point, since all your friends have gone through the similar process. Will you kindly share with me what you do?”

Howie swallowed, feeling his mouth go terribly dry. His eyes fluttered briefly as he struggled to remain conscious. “I…I control electricity,” he whispered faintly.

“Oh, of course,” Cyrus replied. “Would you care to demonstrate for me before I put you through the ultimate torture device? I guarantee that you will be having many nightmares about the tests that I will guide you through. No matter what you say, Mr. Dorough, I control you. You are my puppet. However, it’s much easier if you simply indulge my fetishes and allow me the opportunity to see your gift.”

“It’s not a gift, it’s a hex,” Howie hissed, regaining some power back in his voice. He thought of the girls in CAPPA. He wondered if Cyrus had conned Dr. Sanchez into injecting the toxins into those young girls. Or, had it been Cyrus who ordered the girls locked up? Howie glared up at the man, not caring about his own safety any longer.

“A hex for you, a money maker for myself,” Cyrus laughed.

“Not if I use it on you,” Howie threatened.

Cyrus fell silent for the longest moment. He gazed upon Howie, nodding slightly. His cold gray eyes examined Howie for what seemed forever. Howie gulped down his fears. If he should die, he would die with dignity. Cyrus went placid for a second, but his anger bubbled like a volcano. Without the slightest indication, Cyrus slammed his fist onto his tray, grasping a scalpel and holding it tightly against Howie’s neck. Howie winced as the blade bit into his tender flesh.

“You, sir, try my patience worse than the others. You will find yourself in a terrible position if you dare talk to me in that manner. I can do things to you that would make the Devil weep. Do you understand the words coming from my mouth, MISTER Dorough?” Cyrus hissed. Howie locked eyes with the man, almost daring him to pull the blade across his throat.

However, before Cyrus could make the decision, his laptop made a shrill alarm. Cyrus slammed Howie back into his chair, causing it to teeter. Cyrus laughed at his cruel nature as he walked a short distance to his computer. Howie gulped for large amounts of air. His heart hammered against his ribcage. He could feel the blood trickling down the side of his throat from Cyrus’s instability. He quickly thanked God for the salvation.

Howie turned his attention to Cyrus, who was hurriedly typing on the computer. He stood there, his back curved as he hovered over the tiny screen. Silence filled the room for an odd amount of minutes. Howie’s nerves rattled when Cyrus suddenly whooped for joy. “No child can hide from their master, Ice. You should know that even your tracks can be traced, no matter how little you leave behind. You are the fox, and I am the hunter. And, soon, my bassets will be leashed upon you,” Cyrus explained to the computer screen, causing Howie’s stomach to churn with fear.

Cyrus quickly snatched his phone. He dialed the number, and placed the phone upon speaker. Howie fell completely still as Cyrus paced back and forth. The phone beeped repeatedly, until an older voice called out into the large room. “Steeles speaking,” the mysterious voice barked.

“Mr. Steeles, have you received my files upon Ice?”

“Of course, she is a lovely specimen. Her pictures seduce my intentions to a further purpose, if you catch my drift. Though, the file was a pathetic tactic to slow down my desire for her. Nevertheless, I hear that you will be coming upon the other four soon. That is good news. Their rooms have been prepared. However, nothing is complete without Ice. I am more interested in her than the others. You run my patience thin, Cyrus.”

“I know the bothers of this task, sir. I understand completely, but I bring you good news about Ice.”

“What would that be, Cyrus?”

“Anastacia Grace Lord, introduced to you with the power of Ice, seems to be living in the remote destitute of Pennsylvania. Her mother was born one of the towns, and it seems that Ice has decided to return there, even though her mother abandoned her to our projects during the first years of her life. She lives upon the mountains, alone. I have a location of her. I’m sending my men as we speak.”

“Wonderful. She is the key to my life, Cyrus. Do not mess up.”

Howie listened to Cyrus give the last bits of information to the man upon the phone. Howie couldn’t believe his ears as he heard of the man’s sick obsession for Ice. His mind wandered quickly about the details Cyrus had stated. The familiarity struck him with a greater force. Howie’s mouth went dry.

‘Anastacia…Ice…Anastacia…Ana…Ice…Ana!’’

Howie’s mind screamed out in panic. The girl who had been so woven into his life during CAPPA! That was of whom they were speaking. Anger raged in his soul as Cyrus hung the phone up. He listened to the sadistic laughter floating about the room. His mind grew warm with rage. Ana had devoted a part of herself to freeing him from the place. She had taken a piece of his heart when they parted ways. Howie screamed out as his brain exploded in fury. He felt the burning sensation rip through his chest and explode into his fingers as large amounts of electrical currents carried against the air.

Cyrus screamed out as the bolts seeped into his small computer. Without the slightest hesitation, the computer blew to bits. Slivers of glass blew against Cyrus’s hands as he shielded his face. Cyrus fell to the ground in a rage of fear and fury. Howie’s chest heaved heavily with fatigue as the flesh on his hands burned. Cyrus rose to his feet, glaring upon Howie.

“I see that I have struck a cord in your heart, Mr. Dorough, have I not?” Cyrus growled, advancing upon Howie with a fever of frenzy. Bits of glass clung to his coat as he peeled it from his flesh. Howie noted the splotches of blood against his crisp white shirt. “I know that you and Miss Lord grew quite fond of each other during the escape. I know more than you think. However, you will not get away with this,” Cyrus hissed in fury as he grabbed the scalpel from the tipped table. “Do you think that you are protecting her? I think not, my friend. The information has already been sent. She will be captured, and tortured far worse than you can imagine. I will have them record her screams and I will repeatedly play them on the speakers for you as you rot in your cell. But, as for now, MISTER Dorough, you will pay for that foolish trick.”

*~*~*

Ana hurried up the stairs of the ancient library. She had packed all of her things from her cabin in a matter of minutes. All of her possessions now remained in the trunk of her car. She had little to carry, and she was momentarily flustered by the idea. However, now she was thinking of things that were far more important. She knew that she was in mortal danger. She had sent word to Jamelet ” she prayed that they listened.

Ana ran to the back of the library, assisting herself to a free computer. She clicked to the Internet, hastily typing in specific words. Computers had fascinated her since she had been locked up in CAPPA. She found herself quite handy with one. Ana smiled as she clicked away, transporting herself into the CAPPA website. She did some more finger work, finding herself accessing private files.

“Bingo,” Ana whispered, her lips curving into a smile. Her eyes moved over tons of information and the final location of the new CAPPA center. Ana grabbed the disk from her back jean pocket and hurriedly stuck it into the ‘A’ drive of the computer. The computer beeped and hissed as it saved the information. Ana grinned with success as the disk popped out. She grabbed the disk and shoved it deep into her jeans.

Ana closed the boxes as quickly as she could. She pulled the hood of her sweatshirt over her blonde curls, concealing her identity. She smoothed out her jean flares as she proceeded to step away from the computer. Ana was denied access as she slammed into a massive object. Instantly, pressure clamped around her shoulders, lifting her inches from the ground. Ana’s blue-green eyes grew wide in surprise as a man dressed in leather stared at her in anger and amusement.

“You are familiar to me,” he stated, smiling. Ana groaned in disgust, realizing that he was missing several of his teeth. He set her on the ground again, but kept his hands tightly about her shoulders. She winced with discomfort as he gazed upon her figure. Her heart pounded with anticipation. He was studying her as he felt her through her sweatshirt. Ana cursed her powers for the better of a minute “ he could feel the coldness radiating from her skin.

“I don’t know you, sir, so please let me go,” Ana insisted.

“You’re awfully cold, ma’am. Which is hard to believe when it’s the middle of the summer. Aren’t you hot with that sweatshirt on you?” he asked.

“No, I’m fine,” she growled.

“Let me help you,” he insisted with a devilish smile. Ana yelped in surprise when he reached to take off her hood. Her flaxen curls spilled past her shoulders as she looked at him with her beautiful ocean eyes. Her skin color matched the color of fresh snow. Ana watched his eyes grow wide with recognition. Ana looked at his knuckles “ four letters were initialed upon them: C.A.P.P.A.

“You freaking pervert!” Ana growled as she reached up and wrapped her small hands around the man’s throat. She began to think of the bitterness in her heart. The large man choked as he began to tremble violently. Ana’s eyes transfixed on him as concentrated on the fury within her soul. Her ocean eyes turned dark as fell to his knees. His hands began to turn purple, blue, and then turned black. The stench of rotting flesh filled the air as his fingers fell off one by one. The man began to choke as the blackness spread to his face. He gagged as Ana let go of him. His spasmodic episodes continued while he gagged again. His flesh continued to fall off in large clumps of rotting black tumors. She watched as he heaved for a final time. Ana rushed to her car just as his intestines were expelled from his mouth in an icy heap.

*~*~*

He laughed with approval as he listened to the latest radio reports. Things were finally turning in his favor. The darkness of the hallway delighted him as his cane tapped softly against the plush red carpet. He moved carefully about the large hallway. He had worked so long to improve this hallway for the lovely women. Each would have their own room, specifically designed to their liking and power. There would be no escape for them, no matter how hard they tried. He smiled, loving his deviousness. He gazed upon the first room, making a mental note of its design.

The first room was done in the many variations of tans, browns, and greens. The bed sat low to the ground and shaped to look like a cave, where a woman could hide while she dreamed. The carpet was a light brown shade, which concealed the secret he made for the first woman. The floor was made entirely of cement, as were the walls. Each wall was several feet thick, making it impossible to break under the most violent earthquakes. A vanity table sat in the corner of the room, as were the other necessary supplies for a woman to care for her beauty. A large bathroom area was set to the side of the room, giving her the privacy of a rolling curtain. The woman of Earth would be pleased.

He shut the heavy iron door and proceeded to his next room. He gazed upon the dark blues and violets of the room. Large curtains fluttered about the room as gentle breezes flowed about the room, letting the gauzy curtains flow softly. The woman of Wind would sleep in her bed, which was suspended from the ceiling. She could gently rock herself to sleep with her own powers. However, she too, had shatterproof windows, along with thick walls and flooring.

The next room was flooded with brilliant colors of blue and green, representing the water. A large waterbed sat to the edge of the large room, covered with velvet pillows and garnishing. A large pool sat in the middle with brilliant fountains springing fourth. Rose petals littered the gentle currents of the pool. The Woman of Water would enjoy her surroundings.

He entered the fourth room, looking about the room. It was made in light hues of pink and yellow. The Woman of Heart wasn’t as much trouble as many thought she would be. Large teddy bears hung about the room for her companionship. He would purchase an animal for her company later if she behaved appropriately. Her room contained speakers and such for activities. She was the youngest of the group, and would be most pleased with her surroundings.

He dwelled in the final room longer than expected. This was his favorite place to venture while he listened to the latest news reports. He guided himself into the familiar room, smiling with pleasure. The room was colored in bright white and soft blues. He had applied light curtains to the large bay windows that shimmered softly in the pale lighting of the room. A fireplace sat in front of the large canopy bed he purchased. A large flowing veil of baby blue settled against the posts of the canopy, which would conceal the lady in her dreams. Tiny snowflakes fluttered about the room as they suspended from the ceiling. The man’s tired lips curved into a smile as he fell upon the bed. This room would hold the Woman of Ice, his favorite out of the five.

The radio suddenly went to hysterics “ ‘This just in from Pennsylvania. It seems that a man in the town of Gwynedd was killed early this morning in the library. His body was found in the back mutilated. Doctors say that the man was rotted from the inside out with frostbite. Just before he died, he vomited the contents of his stomach and intestines, which were incased in a tightly packed ice sheath. Many say they seen a woman rush away from the man, but no charges have been filed. More later.’

The man burst into hysterics, applauding the woman’s courage. He stood up and excited the room. He halted for a moment, unable to pull himself from the room. He thought of how soon he would own five terrific women. He gazed about the room, conjuring the pictures of his Goddess of Ice. His words gently vibrated against the soft breezes of the room: “It has just begun, and soon you will be mine, my Precious.”
~**~

**~To Be Continued...~**