- Text Size +
A/N: Thanks for reading, and please leave a review so it can place a smile on my face as well as Ana's. Thanks once again and you know the deal- enjoy!


"Contributions of Dilemma"



**~"Do not neglect your gift…"- 1 Timothy 4:14A NIV Bible.

**~Chapter five- A Trapped Soul~**

She throws her small black purse on the bed and collapses onto the soft plush cushions of her full size bed. Since the destruction of CAPPA, Doctor Natalie welcomed her home with joy. She felt free from the disturbing regulations and empowering work CAPPA used to have a hold on her. For the first time since she left away from the ruined institution, she felt liberated. Natalie decided to keep her identity a secret until she settled into a good occupation to get her back on her feet. She decided to work in a medical lab not that far from where she lives as a medical assistant and works with the environmentalist on treating stray animals.

She was tired of all the stress that CAPPA placed on her and once the group of men and the women she had escaped with left the area, she wanted to scream out in pure joy that she can live with happiness. She hasn't seen the others that escaped with her since the last day of the CAPPA burning down, they all seem to have went their separate ways. Natalie remembered when Jamelet and Summer tried to convince her to come back with them to care for the girls but Natalie had a family emergency in Asia and she hopped into a plane to see her parents. Well that was months ago since then, she lost track of where the girls are, but have seen the news plenty of times discussing how the group of Backstreet came back home since their long disappearance being kidnapped.

Natalie stretches out on the bed and kicks off her shoes, settling into the bed. Rummaging through her purse, she pulls out some information about CAPPA that she's been secretly working on. Not that she needed the info, but she was curious about the actual creation of the corporation and the story behind its creation. She pulls out some scribbled notes on index cards and absent-mindedly flips on the television to the news. She scans her chocolate eyes over her writing on the cards to recall any info that she might not have noticed. Suddenly her ears perked up when the news mention an emergency investigation set out to find the kidnapped Backstreet Boys who were gone missing since Friday. Natalie snaps her head up from the cards in her hands to the TV screen at the news. The news mentions that no clues have been found as to where they could have been taken but reports stated earlier this morning that the gasoline owner saw the driver of the bus speed off after picking up an estranged man dressed in black. Since then the tour bus was located vacant off the side of the road down the highway two miles down from the gasoline station. Natalie drops the cards in her hands and she feels goose bumps prickling her, "Disappeared, how?" She whispers softly to the television.

In response the news showed a reporter with the answer to her question stating that no one knows how they disappeared except that the man boarding the tour bus with the alleged driver was carrying a used gun. Natalie runs her light tan fingers down her dark long straight brown locks nervously as the news moved onto a small robbery crime downtown. Natalie bit her lower dark powder pink lip as the fear creeps up her chest almost choking her. She begins picking a small hangnail, one of her bad habits, on her fingernail as she does when she's nervous. Natalie gulps and jumps when her cell phone begins ringing in the quiet house. Natalie shuts off the television and reaches for her cell phone quickly.

"Hello?" She whispers gently into the phone, checking the ID on her phone. The number was blocked, she had no idea who could be calling her.

A strange deep German voice rasps into the phone, "I know where you live and I'm coming for you." And with that Natalie was greeted with a long silent click as the voice hangs up. Natalie stands there shaken as she dials 911 immediately.

"Hello this police precinct 41, officer Baiety here. How can I help you?" The officer states.

Natalie takes a deep breathe and explains the sudden strange phone call she just received.

"Ok Ma'am. Have you called the phone company to see if they can help track where the call came from?" Officer Baiety asks.

Natalie states no and waits to see what the officer will say next.

"Well ma'am this is what I can do you for, I'll call the phone company from here and see what I can get. Your number appeared on the computer screen so I'll call you back in a few and see what I can get ok?" The officer states politely.

Natalie gulps and thanks him before hanging up. She walks to the front of her comfy apartment near her front door to get to the kitchen when suddenly she hears shots ringing out. Natalie stands petrified in the kitchen as she clutches the kitchen counter tightly. Her front thick door is kicked open by two gruff build armed pale complexion men.

Natalie squeaks out in fright as she reaches for anything that can be used as a weapon, in her fear she picks up a wooden spoon. One of the men laugh and in thick German accents reply, "What are you gonna do, feed me till I'm in pain?" The men chuckle as they approach her. She fishes in her cabinet and pulls out a long kitchen knife.

One of the men growled, his gruff pale face sneered in her direction as he kicks the knife out of her hand. The other guard smiles and points the heavy magnum to her face. "Hey pretty lady, you gonna corporate with us or do we have to get violent on you?"

Natalie gulps and drops the knife on the smooth beige marble floor. She raises her arms in the air helplessly as the guards grab her, one on each arm and drag her out the apartment.

Natalie could hear her cell phone ring in the background as she's drag out her apartment. Her machine went off in the cell phone as the officer told her that the phone call was made on a pay phone in her building. He shouts telling her that's she's in danger and to leave the apartment: the police are on their way. But it was too late, two of Cyrus's soldiers got a hold of the young doctor. If only the policeman had called a minute ago, she could have escaped.


~*~



Jamelet slams the car door as Summer hops into the driver's seat. Paige, Rose and Alison get into the back seat as Kimberly closes the front door of the house and runs to the backseat.

Alison hugs her suitcase to her chest and leans near the front of the car, "Did you check the answering machine? Remember someone called before we left the house after I told you about news of Backstreet."

Summer shakes her head no and Jamelet mumbles something incoherent under her breath.

Alison mumbles, "I guess that's a no. Wonder who it was that called?"

No one answered her question as the eerie quietness settled in the car.

Summer takes a deep breathe and starts the ignition but the car wouldn't start. "Oh God, why did this happen?" Summer shouts out annoyed as she walks to the hood of her car and opens it checking to see what's wrong with it.

Rose smiles and giggles, her bright blue eyes noticing the problem. "Hey Summer, it's not the car. When was the last you put gas in it?" She asks, passing her soft snowy fingers through her blonde locks.

Summer shrugs her shoulders, "Two days ago, but this car wasn't used since then."

Kimberly coughs nervously and lowers her head, "Uh, um, well I think I might have taken the car for spin yesterday and I forgot to fill it up. Sorry Summer." Her dark brown eyes pleading gently, the amber rings in her eyes glittering gently.

Summer gasps and runs to the driver's seat, sticking her head through the opening, "Why did you use my car without my permission?! Hello, do you know how much it cost now to fill up a car and you decided to take it for spin. Where did you go exactly?" Summer asks growling, her snowy complexion getting flustered in annoyance.

Jamelet sighs and whispers softly, "Forget the car Summer. We'll take the bus. We don't have time for this." She states, her peach complexion glittering in the moonlight as her dark brown locks topple in a ponytail over her shoulders.

Summer grumbles and grabs her book bag along with a small carry on suitcase. Paige, Alison, Rose and Kimberly climb out the car and grab their belongings quickly. They race towards the nearest bus stop three blocks down from their house.

They reach the bus stop and settle down on the wooden bench tired.

"This is like day sha vu all over again." Alison whispers, tucking some of her dark brown strands behind her ears.

"How long till the next bus comes around?" Asks Paige: her blonde tresses blowing gently in the summer breeze as she gazes tiredly down the street with her blue grey eyes.

"Maybe another ten minutes. Till then we just gotta wait." Jamelet states softly, her mind on their safety.

Summer sighs, "I hate waiting, it's seems with our luck only bad can happen when we wait." Her emerald orbs scanning the empty streets as her blonde locks lie loose above her shoulders.

"I wish Ana was with us, we wouldn't be so afraid as we are now." Rose whispers to Kimberly.

Jamelet glares at Rose, "Well she's not. So get over it."

Rose cringes away from that remark and leans near Kimberly as the others sigh and wait for the arrival of the city bus.


~*~



Ana races down the street as police men pulled up to the library. More than three police cars arrived on the scene of crime as many begin searching the one responsible for the crime. She knew she was in deep trouble when that creep in the library tried to hit on her. He had the letters of CAPPA scrolled on his fingers and she knew he was there for some other reason. She runs down the train stairs and pays for a ticket. "I guess now is a better time to visit the girls than ever." She states softly as she pushes a metal bar revolving door to get onto the train platform. She just hopes they got the message she left on their answering machine.


~**~



**~To Be Continued…~**