- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Quickie before work, enjoy everyone! *runs off*
“Just Another Day”

Chapter 10: The Aftermath

I didn’t call Nick. Left him alone. I did my work at Arby’s. Went to school like a normal girl. Dealt with my simple life and my family. Back to basics right? That whole thing scared the bezels out of me, and I didn’t like that feeling. Never gave thought to him at all for a week after that. I wanted to just go back. That day scared me into knowing I could never fit into his world. I didn’t belong. So why go through the scares and pain if I’m getting signs that I’m not strong enough to make it there? No reason. So I made myself stop. I did. Confession time.

I never took the charm bracelet off. When people asked I said the jewels were fake of course. I thought about that day. Before the crazy paparazzi people. Nick called but I played it off with short answers like I was busy. And I’m sure I heard my own heart crack. I was so miserable. My life was going to how it was pre-meeting Brian. Wallflower. Ignored. I did have a life before it all. I was sitting at home, watching Matrix before work. Then my phone rang and I lunged. I admit it. My poor turquoise bed sheet got thrown off the bed in my hastiness. It wasn’t Nick however. But it was someone just as good. Maybe…gasp…even better.

“Heeey crazy one”

“Sebastian! Hey! Glad you got a phone again.”

“My fave girl, what’s happening out there in the City of dark Angels?”

I laughed and went and chilled on my worn yellow beanbag chair. I missed him. See my friends were all dynamically different, but in ways I needed. Iz was my gal talk chica. Teddy was the one for advice. Sebastian…he just made me feel so at ease. I missed him terribly since he went to NYU. Nick ...reminded me of him now that I think about it. Both had the same effect, maybe I didn’t have a thing for Nick, maybe I just missed Sebastian, and was trying to replace him with Nick. That makes sense…

So see, I did the right thing by breaking away. Cause now I know why I had let myself into the craziness the way I did. See, there. All better.

“Same, at school for psychology.”

Then came a worried tone. “Wait, psych? What happened to the art?”

“My fam and I agreed that Psychology is the better route for me and-”

“You mean they told you to and you did without a protest. I love your parents but you need to tell them what you want.”

“Its fine devi really.” (Nickname, short for blue devil…don’t ask.)

“Lypsi you know who you’re talking to?”

“I mean it, its all fine. So, tell me, what’s life like in New York, am I ever going to see ya?”

“Crazier than LA if you can dig it. People are insane here, most wearing a lot of black. Maybe vampires started here.“ He joked as was his easy going nature. “Not sure yet when I make it out there.“ Sigh. I could use his company. I put my phone on speaker as I began to paint, turning on the radio for once as well. Yes radio, not cds. What a shocker.

“You okay?”

“Peachy keen jelly bean.”

“You seem down?” Down? Not down. Nope, I am happy. My life is peaceful again. I like it like that. I looked at what my painting was turning out to be. Ouch. A dark abandoned beach with the waves crashing against the rocks as it was pouring. And I had been starting to paint lightening. Well, that said nothing.

“I’m all good. Like I told ya dude.”

“I want to come back soon. You’re my lil sis, so go outside, and remember we’re at least under the same sky.”

“....” My Sebastian is an odd one. You notice a trend? I find only weirdos who like me.

“You’re not doing it are ya! Just trust me and go outside.”

I sighed, put my paintbrush in my little can of water and walked outside. Don’t know why I’m doing this. I feel stupid walking out in my paint clothes in the middle of the day on my driveway to look up at a smog damaged sky as I hear birds chirping happily. Blah. It was then I spotted the navy blue Volkswagen van I knew so well. The one with baby blue splatters of paint to contrast it. I know because we painted it together when he first got the wannabe hippie van. He climbed out and there stood Sebastian. I squealed and ran towards him. Nick completely gone from my mind finally. His spiky light brown hair, those clear greenish blue eyes I knew far too well. A smirk showing me he was always up to something. He hadn’t changed. Good, a little scruffier with a slight goatee, but good. Whoa. Wow. He resembled Nick (minus the goatee thing) now that I’m looking at him. Dang. Never noticed that. I hugged him tight as he hugged me back. This felt good. Right. My heart thud-da-dunked against my chest wildly as my mind was overwhelmed. Oh yeah. I was going to be fine.

I can’t believe he’s here. Holy Moley. “I can’t believe you’re here!” I tend to say what I think with Devi. I pulled away and just kept taking him in.

“Thought I’d surprise you.” he snickered. “I called ahead and warned your folks.”

“Evil!”

“I am SO evil! That’s why I’m the blue devil. No one shall steal my title!” He exclaimed with energy, striking what he considered to be a manly victory pose. Psh.

“You staying in a hotel?”

“Hell nah. Your mom insisted I stay in your spare room.” he grinned at me. Yay! See now this is what I’ve been missing. In case you’re wondering why Sebastian wouldn’t stay with his folks, let me explain. He’s the product of foster homes, some of them really bad. They let anyone put a kid in their home anymore. His real parents died when he was really young. He’s told me he doesn’t even remember them. We met in high school, (I was only 13) and stuck together since. My parents adore him and consider him family. As do I.

“Ooh, get your big ghetto booty in here then dude!” I dragged him into the house. I couldn’t believe he was there. Just like that, my content feelings came to me again. That easily.


*********


My body laid against Trace as she slept in the hotel bed. Nothing between us , just the sensual-ness of skin against the silky smooth skin of my girl. To quote my ex: “That’s hot”. Now this is what my life was. Hot sex all damn day with a gorgeous girl. Her dark red hair fanned the pillow almost like a soft flame. She had come into town the other day and has been staying at one of the best hotels in town. On me of course. I was the one who insisted she get a hotel cause she deserved it. Eh, maybe a little guilt had seeped in. And I ain’t ready for her to stay at my place yet. Heh.

It wasn’t like Cally would ever talk to my ass again anyway. The paparazzi freaked her too bad. I knew it when it happened. Yet I tried to reach her anyway. Like a damn chump. Always happens like that. Why did I think she’d be different? Oh right. I didn’t. So why the fuck am I disappointed?

My cell vibrated on the drawer next to my side of the bed. I stood up buck naked. I like to free ball it, and headed to the bathroom to answer it. It was Brian anyhow.

“Rok.”

“Frackolas.”

I laughed. “You ever gonna let that nickname die.”

“Nope. Oh and Kevin said be at the studio today at noon.“

That today? Shit I had forgotten. “Thanks.”

“Knew you’d forget and as funny as it is to see you in trouble, I don’t want to listen to my cousin lecture yell. So how are you? Have you heard from Calypso? I know you were concerned about that before…”

I was? No, I wasn’t. “Eh, putting me off. Whatever. She left just like a lot of people do. Part of fame.” I sat on the toilet and rested against the back of it. Taking in my over priced surroundings. Why did I pay for this shit again? Oh yeah, for my girl.

“You really think she left cause she was using you?”

“I did give her this charm bracelet that day” Come to think of that shit, I did. “Hella expensive.”

“How’d she accept it?”

“Refused at first…”

“Now tell me why your ex-girlfriends and former friends are gone or left.” Oh come the fuck on. Brian don’t start making sense now. I wanted to rationalize this shit my way.

“London cause she hated I was startin to be gettin’ more famous than her, shallow heartless bitch…Willa cause she wanted fame and I “scared” her for wanting more since we had been dating for 3 years…Tiffy cause I didn’t buy her enough shit…Tony cause he was using fans to get sex by claiming they could meet me…”

“And Cally ran because fame scared her along with expensive gifts?”

I blinked, surprised. Fuck. He had a point. Damn that Brian. Gets me every damn time. “Yeah...guess so...”

“Nick, not telling you how to live your life, but here is a free piece of advice. Keep this friend, she’s rare. I’ll see you at the studio.” And then he hung up. Damn that holy man. I relieved myself before making my bare ass back to the bed. Tracy stirred as I climbed in, watching me with these jade eyes of hers. She grinned and wrapped her arms around me, nuzzling my neck. Now this is nice. I don’t need to think about what Brian said just yet.

“Hey baby…where were you?”

I smirked as I felt her tongue explore my neck. Oh yeah. She knew what she was doing. And that’s the way I like it. “Nice…good morning to me…and I had gone to the bathroom, Brian called.” She just snuggled against me then, covering us up with the silky smooth bed sheets, relaxing as I did the same. This is my life. I turned on the hotel TV. “I have to go to the studio later on, did you wanna stop by?”

She pouted that sexy lower lip of hers at me and sulked as she took the remote and flipped through channels. “Do you have to go?”

I nodded. “Yeah, did you wanna come and watch?”

“Its okay, I can call some friends out here up.” She smiled a little. “Maybe go shopping.”

I could see in her eyes that she didn’t. That she was bored by it. Call my ass picky, but it’d be nice for my girlfriends to actually be interested in what I do that makes the money that buys their diamonds, pearls, and party dresses that turn them on so much. I bet Calypso would be interested. Had she not just abandoned the friendship we had going. I changed the channel again, as Tracy started to get up and get changed. Damn. Guess the fact I had to work made her sulky. I paused when I got to E! Fuck was that me on the TV screen? Great. What’s the rumor this time. Oh shit. That was The Grove. Please let it be of me the day I went before taking Cally. Don’t let my luck be THAT bad. Come on now! God prove you fucking exist by saving my big ass!

“And in the latest celebrity news, Nick Carter…of Flames of Ice…caught on what looks to be a date with an unknown girl who the paparazzi claim goes by the name Calypso. Is he cheating on current girlfriend video girl Tracy Santello? Seems like he’s going from pretty and petite to too much meat. More on this and videos from the paparazzi after the break…”

It was then I caught the cold emerald stare stabbing into me. The fury in them was fucking intense. Shit. Tracy. Yet, my thoughts were on Cally. That was fucking harsh and she didn’t deserve that. No one did, but especially not a girl like her.

I was in seriously deep shit.