- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
So, I churned out another chapter, and I can't believe all the feedback I've gotten for this fic so far, honestly. I tend not to go above 30 lol so this much love for a story is pretty darn spiffy. Thanks bunches! MUAH!

Enjoy the new chapter!
“Just Another Day”

Chapter 19: Promises. Promises.

I went to Tracy’s the next day. I let work and the one promotional performance distract me from all that other shit yesterday. I think we were on Leno? I think. Cally kissing that friend of hers came as a blow. Hurt like a fucking bitch. I hated him anyway cause of the attitude the guy had when I stayed at Calypso’s. But, hell, she doesn’t have any sort of feelings for him. Fuck I know she doesn’t. She did it to hurt me. I ain’t stupid. Worked like a damn charm. I’m stubborn as all hell though heh. Can’t get rid of me that easy. Now that I now just what the hell I want, I’m gonna figure out a way to get it. Right now I’m stuck in this hard ass place and I’m gonna wiggle my big ass out of it if it kills me.

Jay knows the deal, and because the man can’t keep a secret, Brian, Kevin and Howie know too. Heh. I think they’re all shocked that I care this much, relationships and me never mix well. I think the longest one I had was London, and I was an idiot who saw her and thought there was more beyond the sex tape and controversy. Trust me, there isn’t.

I walked in the hotel room. Aight, facing the music now. Calypso had a point, I’ve been cheating on Tracy and that ain’t right.

“Nicky!” I hate being called Nicky! Howie does it too! Stupid short Puerto Rican man…he’s borderline midget you know…heheh. Just stand next to him. He thinks he’s so stealthy when he calls me Nicky too, when he wants to annoy me. Unlike Trace who announces it. I hate being called NICKY! Ahem anyways. Back to handling one screwed up situation at a time.

“Trace, we need to talk.”

*********

“Change the radio station Iz.”

“…She drives me crazy, drives me wild, but I’m helpless when she smiles…”

I was hiding at her place after what I did to Sebastian and Nick. How could I not? How did everything get so confusing? Yesterday when I kissed Sebastian, knowing Nick was watching…

I pulled away, regretting what I did. Seeing the look in my best friend’s eyes. He stood for a moment, shocked. I couldn’t blame him. I wasn’t exactly acting like myself today.

“Lypsi…”

“I’m sorry Devi. I‘m sorry…I‘m- I‘m just sorry.” I pulled away, running down the street, just wanting to escape.

“Calypso wait, just wait a freaking moment! Calypso get back here!”

“No, I just need some time alone!” I yelled, still running. I didn’t care where I was going.

“Calypso! STOP! Be smart and listen for once!” I kept up my pace as Sebastian went back for his car. I was screwing everything up. Why me? He was going to chase. Of course. Why the heck was everyone trying to stop me from doing what I want? Oh right, I screw it all up, and everyone knew it. Like this current disaster. Be smart for once? Oh great, I’m stupid now, guess it fits everything.

“Calypso!”

I ignored it, thinking it was one of the two guys I had just screwed things up with. I wipe my eyes. Sebastian isn’t who he used to be, but he was still a brother to me that I destroyed everything with just now. Nick, I don’t know what he is. That was the problem. I want to just fade away.

“Chica, you aight? I was getting some stuff and I saw ya. Get in.” Suddenly Isabel’s car pulled up beside me. She was the one calling out. To me, who likely looked like a crazy girl right now.


I was full of stupid worthless I’m sorry‘s lately. And I was sorry. In more than one way. So I stayed at Iz’s. She had told Sebastian I had called to let her know I was fine, but that she didn’t know where I was. I called and left a message on my parents’ cell phones that I’d be late home today cause of a psychology project but that I couldn’t wait to see them since they were coming back today. I wanted to avoid it all. It’s just harder when one of those people is famous and just released a single however. A lot harder. This whole mess was my fault anyway. Completely and totally. If I hadn’t gone to hang with Nick against what everyone told me. If I hadn’t decided to kiss my best friend just to get Nick off my back.

This really wasn’t like me at all. Maybe Sebastian was right. Was I no better than that darn evil Tracy? She used Nick. Had I used Sebastian?

Everything Nick was scared me. How he was, how he acted with me. Who he is. His lifestyle scared me the most. I was making freaky and terrible decisions. Hmm, maybe I should live all isolated in a cave. I hear caves are cool. Spiffy even. Isabel’s talking brought me back from my la-la land.

“But I like this song.” I love Iz, bright girl, but she doesn’t see the connection.

…It’s out of control…but I can’t let it go…”

Changing the station myself, I gave her the sternest look I could muster. Which isn’t all that impressive. “That’s Nick’s song, he wrote it…and the band he’s in…ya know that one you love…Flames Of Ice is singing it…” I wasn’t trying to be snarky. It just came out. “The point is to so NOT be thinking about that…”

So I put it on another station, an oldies one actually.

“Tonight, the light of love is in your eyes…But will you love me…tomorrow…Is this a lasting treaasure…or just a moment‘s pleasure…” That song always makes me think of Dirty Dancing. Probably because it was in that movie.

“Ooh sorry, girlie, you can’t escape it forever you know.”

I throw myself on the bed all dramatic like. You’d think my life was over. Which it is. What?! I’ve had a long two days. “Why not?”

“Eventually Sebby’s not going to believe me anymore and come down to check for himself.”

“Well poo.” I pouted, can’t it all just go away and leave me alone? I was so done with this.

“And you said Nick keeps trying your cell phone. Like it or not he’s gonna call yours house soon if he hasn’t already.”

Now that thought? Very cringe worthy. Seriously. “I really hope Sebastian doesn’t answer.” Then the other cringe worthy thought came. “…Crap or my parents. God I hope he doesn’t stop by there!” GAH! Too many cringe worthy thoughts!

“See, you have to go back to the world.”

“Iz, not a time to be logical. But poo, you’re right. If I don’t, things are going to get so nuclear.” I let out another sigh. “This sucks.”

“I can’t believe you kissed Sebby.”

“It was SO stupid of me.”

She sat on the bed beside me, pulling me up so I was sitting again instead of flopping on my back over and over as I was. She hugged me tight, guess I needed it. “Did you feel anything?”

“That’s why it was so stupid of me to do it. I didn’t Iz; I didn’t feel a darn thing. I used to think I would. Hell I used to have a thing for him. But I didn’t and I did it just to get Nick upset and now Sebastian is thinking I want something when I don’t, if he wants it anyway, and my parents come home today!”

“Caaaaaalm down chica. One, Nick likely knows why you did it-”

“Oh that’s great.” I replied dryly. I didn’t want Nick to know why I did it. I was naïve for thinking he was that blind. I admit it. He’s not stupid, no matter what he thinks.

“Being honest.”

I bopped her with her own pillow. She shrugged, laughing. “It’s true. So what are you going to do?”

“Good question.”

“Aren’t you supposed to be at school today Cal? Me none since I passed my proficiency exams last year so I don‘t have to show up today for them.”

I shrugged. There was that other issue I wasn’t bringing up unless asked. “I’m failing Psych, math I’m doing okay, same with English. Psych, I am so doomed.”

“You’re failing psychology?! I thought you liked it?”

I sighed and gave a shrug. “Not since it got forced on me. I’ve been falling behind. Thank Lordie Spring Break starts tomorrow. Well for me anyway since I have no classes on Thursday or Friday.”

“Your parents know?”

I look at her like she’s completely earned her ticket to the loony bin. I’m starting to think she did. “If they did, I’d be dead. They think I’ve stayed away from Nick this past week too.”

“Think they’ll find out?”

“The way my luck is Izzy, I’m thinking yes.” I said, adjusting my glasses, they were starting to slip off my nose from me laying down and not fixing them. “And I have no idea what I’ll do. Hell, I don’t know anything right now.” I spoke nothing but the truth. Anyone know of any available caves? I’m thinking I’ll need one in the near future. Isolation has to be better than this; cause I’m stuck tight… and I don’t see an easy way out happening any time soon.

“It’s gonna work out, seriously.”

At that I stared at her, her with the out of place optimism. Usually I had that instead of her. But then again I always had it for everyone else, I never needed it. “Promises, promises.” I grumbled, cause for me, that’s all it is. Can I wake up from this nightmare yet? Cause I am so ready to.


***************

Women are way too damn intuitive ya know? She could sense what I was going to say. I knew it. She knew it. She was just waiting for me to actually say it. Heh, now how do I do this? I can say it’s been fun, but that’s so damn played ya know. I’m trying to be nice, believe it or not. I guess I should just say it, ya know? Fuck I thought I stopped saying ya know so much! Remind me to kill AJ for saying it so much yesterday. He noticed I stopped saying it and bet me two hundred bucks he could get me to start saying it again, damn him. Well what he don’t know won’t gain him two hundred dollars. Shit, again Nick, focus. You need to break up with this. First step to getting what you freakin’ want for once.

I kept trying to call Cally, about what happened, about everything. No answer. So I need to take care of this before I try chasing any further. So be a man Carter, tell her you’re done. That’s it over. Speak you wimp!

“What Nick, just say it.”

“Tracy, I think we should break up.” That was nice and gentle? Right? Ah who am I kidding. It was straightforward as hell anyway.

“What?!” Why is she surprised, we both knew this thing hasn’t been going smooth. Dammit this is going to be hard.

“I feel it’s the best.” I say, hella calm, my eyes staring into her now damn cold emerald ones.

“You can’t break up with me!” Whoa, what the fuck, I can‘t?

“What do you mean I can’t? Trace you and I both know what we got ain’t workin’ ya know?”

“You can’t leave me for that pig you’ve been cheating on me with! I’m fucking better than her disgusting self; you cannot degrade me by leaving me for HER!” Next thing I know is that decorative vase on the dresser is playing kamikaze on my ass and I instinctively duck to avoid it. Wait, what did she just say about Cally!?

“Cally has nothing to do with this!” Wow, did my nose just grow? That was a huge lie. I’m trying to be nice. “Don’t bring her into this!”

Ahh! Flying fucking TV attack! Hit the deck! “Don’t lie to me! You have me to fucking deal with. You cheated on ME with her! It’s disgusting! I’ll hit you where it hurts Nick! With your pocketbook!”

Great, between her and London I would be a has-been and broke if they had their way.

“Dammit Trace! Can we fucking handle this like adults and not throw fucking tantrums!”

The god damn lamp shattered on the wall beside me in response. Damn this bill was going to be SO fucking high. If I can survive this hurricane. Katrina should have been named after my now ex girlfriend.

“Not when you cheat on me with lard ass and then have the nerve to dump me! Have fun paying for this shit Nickolas fucking Gene fucking Carter!” Damn her, this room is in my alias name too. My bill.

“Tracy!” Crash, fuck that one came close to actually hitting me. Thank you whatever God is up there for the fact she has shitty aim. This room was getting to look unrecognizable, which was getting worse for me. Knew I shouldn’t have been straightforward, I should’ve sugarcoated it all to hell.

“Fuck you!”

“Dammit stop! You’re gonna hit me with one of those things if you get lucky and then I’ll get you for assault, and I don’t give a fuck who knows either! So calm. The fuck. DOWN!” I yelled, fuck this was getting insane. When the hell did I start dating only psychos? First Mandah, then Tiffy, London, and now Trace. Maybe I should start praying Cally isn’t. Nah, never mind, she’s not the type to be. Tracy was staring at me with some serious fury there, looking again, psychotic. Her fiery hair was out of place, some stuck to her forehead, those green eyes just wild as hell.

“Fine Nick, you asshole. I’ll even check out tonight, but you have not heard the last of me.” She said calmly as I finally saw I could leave and not get knocked the hell out. I started too, but her voice was cold, hella cold, too cold. I was just tired as hell, and not worried about that last statement.

“I mean it Nick!”

Promises. Promises.