- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Holy crap it's finished! Go me! Thanks for everyone who's sent feedback. Enjoy!

Oh, PS, I forgot to put this in last chapter's AN, but the shirts mentioned? Totally real shirts Nick wore.I have both "I'm Naked Under Here" and "Define Girlfriend" lol. http://i10.tinypic.com/6b37azq.jpg
http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/1831/ehbeimauscheckenimritzcvv6.png
Thought y'all would get a kick out of that lol. Enjoy hehe.
“Just Another Day”

Epilogue

Three Weeks Later

“See I told you they wouldn’t hate you.” I told him as we walked out of my house and to the now completely fixed BMW. I love that car of his, I admit it.

He stared at me like I was absolutely bonkers. Not that I blamed him after all that’s happened. After that day at Denny’s, I had gone home and handled my parents. Mostly. They do know I’ve been seeing Nick. We’ve gotten better at avoiding the public. I don’t even think the world knows he’s dating me yet. Though neither of us has checked out LiveDaily either as of late. Sebastian is back at NYU, and things aren’t exactly fixed, but he knows I don’t hate him either. Our friendship needs work now because the trust got abused, admittedly on both sides. He did have the good intentions. We both did. They just got totally warped. So yeah, we need to work on the friendship thing.

“Heh well your dad hasn’t gotten the shotgun yet, guess that’s cool.”

I kissed him gently as we both got into the car. “Trust me, it went well. They had to meet you eventually.” I smirked a bit, “After all the so called chaos you caused.”

My parents know I’m dating Nick obviously and I almost think my dad likes Nick. Scary right? Mom just hates the idea; I don’t think she hates him. They’ve started accepting I am an adult in more than the sense of not keeping an eye on me. That I had to make my own path. They don’t know I am serious about not going to school next semester. Not the school they’re thinking of anyway. One step at a time right? I’m slowly letting myself out of my self enclosed shell. I’ve thought about an art institute type college. I do have a scholarship and some money. You know that dark painting Nick found that night he stayed at my house? It ended up as a cover for their album “Haunted”.

I’m still a bit gah over it. The thought of seeing my art on album covers all over the place? With my signature at the bottom corner and credit in the booklet? It still made me want to hide in a closet somewhere. You know which painting right? It was the one in a cave with a trapped person huddling, shivering, by cinders of a fire long gone cold. There was a ghost haunting the person, trying to control it. With a small ray of light poking through the rocks that blocked the entrance before the cave. The light was aimed directly at the ghost, with the ghost slowly vaporizing because of it. Brian had mentioned I should do their cover, and Nick had thought of that one. I got money out of it, but my art gets to be seen. So NOT the way I used to plan, but hey, it’s seen.

Can you believe Nick and I are still dating? Hehe that’s even crazier. WAY crazier. Bezel everyone’s jezels over that one.

As Nick drove, he handed me a small wrapped package. “Got something for ya.”

I shot him a shy glance. Yep, shyness is still there. Gotten better, but well, I feel my cheeks turning red so it’s not totally gone. “What’s this for?”

He had that sneaky look in his eyes, I knew it. “Just open it.”

I unwrapped it happily, and saw my own art staring back at me with the words Flames of Ice: Haunted at the top. “Your album? I thought it had two and a half more weeks to go before release.”

That cocky smirk of his appeared. You’d think he was this huge rockstar or something. “Advanced copy. Check the booklet.”

I opened it up, still shaken at the idea being reminded to me that millions might see my art soon on this album. Freakiness!? Highest level! I flipped though, unsure of what he wanted me to see. Then his thank yous caught my eye. Actually it was the end of them that did it.

Last but farthest from the least…I guess that would be you baby. You’ll know I mean you when you read this. I’m frustrated as all hell right now cause of the night before. But I want to thank you, for all that you don’t even know you did… and what you will do. Cause by the time you read this, you and I will be somewhere and you’ll be smiling that pretty smile that only you have at me. You’ll be smiling at what you’re reading baby and that it all worked out somehow. I don’t know how yet, but it will. Thank you for being an angel. For saving me. You don’t know when you did it, you may never know. But you did. So thanks. Thanks for putting up with the crazy shit my life can be. You’ll know who you are. Angels, they always know.

I looked over at Nick, and he had the hugest Cheshire cat grin. “How did you know t his would all work?” I asked, too soft for my own liking. Still working on that. I was just, that thing was wow. That was really sweet. Touching, and the fact Nick put himself out there in that where he knew all his fans would read it is amazing.

“You really thought I’d let you walk in my life and then try to walk out? Hell no.”

“Technically, you called your way into mine. I didn’t walk into yours.”

“And Brian says only bad things come from me stealing his cell phone.”

I laughed as he drove down the road. Changing the radio to Christina Aguilera’s song “Candyman” of course. How could he not love that fun song? Sometimes that boy has no taste. I just grinned as I kept my hand on the knob when he tried to change it back. Life works in a weird way sometimes. Trust me; I know that better than anyone. Why? Because this weird, crazy, totally random series of events we’ve been talking about? Well all of it started on… well on just another day.