- Text Size +
"I wonder how many people are gonna be at this party?" AJ asked throwing his legs on top of the table, now he had switched positions with Kevin who was sitting on the bed. Howie on the other chair at the table and me standing at the window.

"I will be happy if at least ten fans show up"

"Oh come on J there will be more than that" Kevin said, sounding a little put off by AJ's statement.

"I don't know guys, it's not how it used to be with us, our popularity is waning. Unfortunately"

"Yeah I know, but there will be the real ones, our real fans who will remain" I said. I never gave up hope that there would people there screaming our names. Even though it may not be as loud as before, our names will still be shouted with as much adoration as always.

"I hope you're right Kaos, I don't feel as loved as I used too"

"Things change AJ, but they still love us, you'll see"

If you had asked me about 8 years ago, if I would have ever had to say that to AJ, I would have never believed, but then again I would have never believed how quickly our fame would escalate either. The craziness, the screaming, the hiding in our hotel rooms, the stalkers, I would have never believed any of it.

But it has all been true.

"When is Brian gonna grace us with an appearance?"

"Soon I think. I know we are going to all go down together"

"Does he know we are meeting up here?" I asked, Kevin shrugged and then picked up my phone to dial his room.

Nope the fame didn't seem real at the time. Now that it is diminishing a bit, it almost feels like a dream. A beautiful dream at it's best and a horrible nightmare at it's worst
___________________________________________

"You hired a what?" Kevin asked walking closer to Lou to make sure he heard right.

"A body guard, actually three of them"

"Why? They are only girls!"

"That's true AJ and one girl may be no problem, a hundred girls on the other hand?"

"The more the merrier" He said gleaming.

I was happy we had guards now, I was starting to dread going out in public. The way they screamed, poked and prodded at us, made me terrified sometimes.

"It's for your own safety, the three of them will follow you everywhere you go"

"But, there are five of us Lou" I whispered to our boss, who I feared more and more with each passing day. There was more to him then that gentle papa thing he would've liked us to believe. He was in this for money. He smiled at me and patted my head, "I know son, but for now three guys can fend off any overly excited girls. Don't worry you'll be safe"

I didn't really believe him but I nodded. At least three was better than nothing. Lou left and returned with the three huge men, I was amazed how tall they were, they looked like they could step on me and squash me like a bug. We shook their hands and then they positioned themselves outside our hotel room door.

"Wow guys, we have our own body guards. How freaky is that?" Brian said proudly, also some uneasiness in his voice. I think we were all unsure how to deal with the fame. It was everything we ever wanted but yet, when it arrived, it came like a tornado. It wasn't like anything we had expected.

Girls would occasionally pass by, screaming our names very loudly so we could hear them. every time it happened, we would stop playing cards, or Nintendo and just look at the door. My heart skipped a beat with every shout. It scared me, wasn't comforting at all. Where were these girls when I was in school? These same girls, if they went to my school would probably have made fun of me, calling me scrawny and teasing me because of the people I hung around. I am the same Nick as before, yet now, I have girls screaming for me.

They did love me too. I'm not even being silly or conceited. Just stating a fact. For whatever reason, they seemed to be drawn to me. Kevin thinks it's because I am the baby of the group. The same age as most of them. That's probably the case, but ever since we have gained all this extra attention, the reporters have also changed their line of questioning. The question "Do you have a girlfriend" began to pop up out of nowhere.

The first time I was asked that I sounded like a stuttering fool. That's something else that I noticed about myself, now I have picked up this stutter. I get tongue tied and sound like an idiot. Lou told me to stop talking altogether, just smile and be the cute one everyone wants me to be. The first time I was asked that I sounded like a stuttering fool. That's something else that I noticed about myself, now I have picked up this stutter. I get tongue tied and sound like an idiot. Lou told me to stop talking altogether, just smile and be the cute one everyone wants me to be.

The press people would flash pictures and yell to me all at the same time" Nick over here! Smile for us Nick! Nick! Nick! give us a sexy look!"

Sexy look? How in the hell do you make a sexy look? So I would scrunch my face up only to hear J whisper in my ear, "You look constipated Kaos"

My head would spin after those things. How odd my life had become. Then we would be led out, back to the minivan only to be held up by more people screaming our names. Asking ridiculous questions in broken English.

"Why do they do that?"

"Do what kiddo?" Brian asked me as he wiped his head with a towel.

"Mob us like that? Those creepy press guys yelling and asking us questions, they asked me if I was on drugs"

"Well, are you?"

"No!"

"You sure? Because sometimes you act like a crack head!"

"That's enough J, can't you see the boy is flustered?" Howie defended.

"That's their job Nick that's all"

"Well, then they need to get a better job because that's just sleazy!"

"Amen brother!" Kevin said as he looked at the oncoming crowd surrounding the minivan. "Now how the hell are we supposed to get out of here?" He asked the driver, the driver, not Hans, but some new guy, just shrugged.

The crowd was swarming around us now and starting to bang on the windows making the van shake back and forth, "God! Put you seatbelts on guys, they are gonna knock us over!" Kevin said making a grab for his seatbelt. I was really scared now, I was sure they were gonna do just that, knock us on our side. The van was shaking with such force, it felt like we were gonna be turned over. One of the windows, right by my head cracked from the pressure of the girls banging, I screamed only to have Kevin grab me and cover my head in his arms. "This is insane" AJ yelled over the roar of the crowd.

The van driver honked as we rocked back and forth, girls screaming and crying, not even aware of how they were putting our lives in danger. I was yelling "STOP IT STOP IT!!" but was muffled in Kevin's arms. He was shaking too. None of us wanted to be pushed over. "Is your seat belt on Nick?" Kev whispered to me, I shook my head no. "Okay then hold on to me if we go over alright?" He spoke calmly, like it was an everyday kind of occurrence.

Then the sirens in the distance gave us hope that we would get out of there in one piece. The police came and made the crowd disperse, it took about an hour or so, but eventually we were on our way. I didn't take my head out of Kevin's arms until we got to the venue. I didn't want them to see me crying again. Truth is, If I could've fit, I would've tried to squeeze myself into one of his pockets and not come out until we were safe at our destination.

Truth is we were finally famous and I hated it!