- Text Size +
My cell phone ringing woke me up. I forgot I was even in the bathtub. Hot soapy water always had that effect on me. I reached over to the sink, where I had laid my phone down and grabbed it.

"Hello?"

"Hey Nicky, watcha doing?"

"Hey D..uh nothing big just taking a bath." I looked down at my fingers to see they looked liked raisins. I definetly was in here too long.

"Just wanted to see what you were going to wear to our party tonight"

"Hmmm, I was thinking about wearing some clothes Howie" He laughed.

"Oh okay thanks smartass! I should've known better than to ask you" I smiled. It was so easy to rile up Howie.

"Hey D, do you remember when we did that photoshoot for Bravo?"

"Wow, which time?"

"The first we ever did for them"

"Wow, that was a freaky long time ago. Yeah I do, why are you bringing it up?"

"What was the guy's name that took our pictures that day? Remember him? he had a great name" I could tell Howie was searching his brain for the answer.

"Uh, I think his name was Fritz Afforblatt or something like that. Why?"

"I don't know just trying to remember."

"Well, I remember it all to well because of all the makeup they had to put on my eyes and nose because of you!" Yup Howie will never let me live that down. EVER!

We hung up and I made my way out of the bathtub. Towel drying my hair I said his name again.
****************************************
"Fritz Afforblatt" He stood there with his arm extended waiting for someone to shake it. Kevin did the honors. I however did everything in my power to not say God Bless You! He said his name so fast it sounded like he was sneezing. Brian picked up on it too because he grinned at me after the flamboyant man introduced himself.

"Come guys we have a lot of work to do" He walked over to Howie and looked at the blackness around his nose. He grabbed D's head and moved it from side to side Howie's eyes getting bigger every moment Fritz had his hands on the poor guy.

"This is a complete mess! you must get to make up snappy quick quick" He clapped and on cue a woman came running out of nowhere and dragged Howie over to the makeup table.

"This is going to be a surreal day. I can feel it already" Brian said making his way next to me.

"So did you enjoy your own room last night?" I nodded.

"Yeah he had a great old time in there. Maybe we'll let you have your own room from now on" Kevin said as he took a seat next to me and ate some breakfast from the little bagel stand they had set up for us. I think that was his way of saying okay I'll play your silly little game. He never told anyone. Neither did Howie. When Howie had woken up to find me in the bed next to him he laughed. I proceeded to tell him that in the middle of the night Kevin came in and demanded he have his own room! I know I'm pathetic.

Fritz was now over talking to Lou about something and they kept pointing to me. That wasn't good. I kept looking over my shoulder hoping they were pointing at someone else.

"You, little blue eyed boy, you come here with me now okay?" Well, AJ, Kevin and Brian got the biggest kick out of that. I rolled my eyes. He grabbed me by the arm and literally ran me over to the camera. He moved the bangs out of my eyes and made me sit on something that looked like a cloud. Then I saw the wings.

"Oh no way!" I said as I stood up.

"Why what is problem little boy? I make you an angel!" Brian laughed so hard that it reverberated through the entire room. I pointed at the wings.

"You can't be serious can you Lou? I mean come on!" Lou walked over to me after grabbing the wings out of Fritz's hand.

"Nick, this is a very important shoot for you. If Afforblatt wants you to be angel than you will be an angel! Suck it up and put on the wings!"

"But.."

"No, conversation is over. DO it!" He looked so menacing at that point that I just let him put the damn wings on me. By now everyone but Howie who was still in the makeup chair had gathered to watch the festivities. Smirks abounding. Fritz then said this is perfect. He put me in a white robe and stuck the stupid ass wings on me. Then to top it all off he put a halo over my head. I rolled my eyes and groaned the entire time.

"What about them?" I asked pointing to my bandmates.

"This is for your separate shots inside the article. We worry about them in a minute."

"Yeah Nick take one for the team buddy!" Stupid AJ.

"I hope he dresses you up like a horses ass!" I said. Lou glared at me so I stopped.

He made me sit on top of the cloud with my hands in praying position looking down.

"Good good little boy!" I shook my head in disgust.

"What is wrong?" He asked me.

"My name is Nick. Do you think you could stop calling me little boy?" He came over to me and grabbed my chin.

"So feisty I love this boy!" I sighed.

"Hey Fritz, doesn't he need a harp or something? Don't angels hold harps?" Oh my God I wanted to SO kill AJ. He was enjoying this a little too much.

"No, a harp would be a little too much!" He said. Was he kidding me? dressing me up like an angel on a cloud wasn't too much? The guys laughed again.

"Now you stand here little boy" He pointed to a place where he wanted me to stand. I did and suddenly three beautiful women dressed as angels took their place behind me. No one was laughing anymore. I however had an ear to ear grin on my face.

He proceeded to take pictures of me in that stupid angel get up for over two hours. My feet were getting tired and I wanted to eat something and sit down.

"Done now little boy. Oh sorry Nick was it? I remember for next time right okay now who's next?" He scanned the room as I threw off my angel outfit revealing my own sinner self. He grabbed Kevin next. I walked over to the bagel table.

"Where did all the food go?" I asked no one in particular.

"What's the problem little boy?" Brian asked mockingly. I rolled my eyes.

"You know they are just going to stay that way if you keep it up"

"Where's all the bagels?" I said pointing to the empty tray. All that was left was a half eaten poppy seed bagel.

"Gone I guess" I don't know why but I almost cried. Maybe because of the four am wake up call maybe because of standing on my feet and being mocked for two hours, maybe because of the hunger. I really thought I was gonna lose it. I plopped down on a chair by the table.

"Aw, sorry kiddo. We didn't realize you didn't get any. Want me to find you something?" Brian was more sympathetic when he saw that I was genuinely upset. I felt stupid.

"No, that's okay. I'm just tired and cranky" He smiled at me.

"Okay no problem. I know you're not a morning person. Gotta go, I have been called to wardrobe." I laid my head down on the table and fell asleep.

I awoke to the sound of laughter and gentle shaking.

"Nicky come on buddy wake up time for our group shots" I bolted up almost falling out of the chair. Howie laughed.

"Ah, Nicky..you have some poppy seed on your face." He held out a mirror to me and showed me the five poppy seeds that were plastered on my forehead.

"You fell asleep on the bagel tray dumbass!" AJ said laughing and patting me on the back. Fritz ushered me over to wardrobe and put me in this sky blue stupid ruffly thing. I felt like I was a dress up toy for him or something. Then a quick dab of makeup and a quick fix of the hair and boom back in front of the cameras.

Fritz kept putting us in different posses and he would become very angry at me because I couldn't sit still.

"We have to do that one again! Little boy you must please stop moving around. You are ruining the shots!" He become frustrated and came over to me and grabbed me.

"You move so the little boy can sit down please" He said to Kevin. He moved and Fritz forcefully sat me down.

"Easy!" Kevin said to the photographer.

"Kevin let the man work" Lou said from behind Afforblatt.

"Now look up here please little Nick" Well that was better than little boy at least.

"Good now that is better, see we move the blue eyed angel to front and center and he behaves. You are destined to be in the limelight" He said. Lou laughed but we all stayed quiet. I wanted this long day to be over.

Fritz was finally finished at 6pm. We spent ten hours doing nothing but getting our pictures taken. What a wasted day. We finally broke for dinner.

"After your dinner break boys we have to meet the man who will be writing up your interview for Bravo." Lou said hugging us all one by one.

"Today Lou? We're really beat" Kevin said yawning.

"Yes, today Kevin. We have a long road to climb gentleman. You must do anything you have to do to get there" He was right so no one argued.

Over dinner we joked about the days events particularly Mr. Afforblatt. What dinner wouldn't be complete without the guys making fun of me. So of course, AJ had to just remind everybody that I was an angel and fell asleep on the bagel tray.

"What did he dress you guys up as?" I asked curiously.

"Nothing. Just us." I rolled my eyes again. Brian laughed.

"You know I should get a nickel every time you roll your eyes. I would be a rich man buddy" I rolled my eyes at him.

"I'm so tired" I said wanting to just move all the plates and go to sleep on the table.

"Yeah I am too. I think it's just a freaky long day for us. I think it won't always be like this. Will it?" Howie seemed alarmed at the thought of having more than just one day at a time like this one. Kevin just shrugged his shoulders.

By the time our day ended it was 11pm. I had been up for almost nineteen hours. I was a crabby mess. I was so tired that when I got back to the hotel I fell asleep in my outfit complete with shoes. Brian my roomy for the night, must have taken them off for me because when we received our wake up call five hours later, I was snuggled under the covers...