- Text Size +
The light from the porch came on as his brown suede shoes stepped up to the porch door. His car must’ve been seen because his three children ran out ecstatically to see him, their small feet pattering through the door. A smile came to his face as he heart their voices.

“Daddy” Kelly held her small hands out for her dad to pick her up. While his two sons started in on their day.

“Dad, Mom says that I can have my birthday on Saturday, and that you’ll be home.”

He grinned down at his eldest son, brushing his brown thick curly hair to the side of his face “She did?”

“No, No, no she said you were going to take” Christian waddled up his small hands wrapped around his dad’s leg “um” he lost his thought as he looked over at the neighbors house for a moment “Mommy said you want to eat worms” he smiled, a smiling laughter came through at his comic comment.

Harold smiled holding out his hand for his son to take while he used his other to steady his daughter that was now in his hand. “Eat worms? You mean you?” he leaned down watching as Christian run up the stairs towards the door.

“Momma” Kellie called as Harold and his entourage stepped inside the house.

“Baker, please take off your shoes” Jackie called as her motherly instincts informed her that he would forget, yet again and trail the dirt through her house. Baker walked in “Baker, what did I just tell you.”

Harold let his daughter down, seeing his wife putting the rest of the dishes back in the cabinets. Walking up behind her, he let his hands slid around the front of her stomach where he could feel the bulge. “How are you?” he asked moving her hair to the side to kiss her cheek.

“Good” she smiled a little leaning her head to the other side smiling as her husband kissed the skin below her jaw “Really good” she smiled again. Her fingers touched his face.

“I love you,” he said kissing her cheek again.

“Hey daddy will you help me with my dress?” Kelly asked, it was amazing how fashionable oriented she was. It wasn’t anything that he or Jackie did; it was something else, something that was more part of her character.

Kissing his wife one last time while rubbing her stomach he smiled. “A dress?” he asked smiling.

“She wants you to tell her she’s a princess” Jackie smiled. "Which means, yours truly is the queen” she smiled

“Ahuh” he smiled, “Whatever the queen want’s she shall get.”

“I want my handsome king to help out his princess, whle I prepare a most delicious meal.” Jackie smiled laughing a ltitle.

“Who says’ we have to eat?” Harold smiled kissing her again. Jackie looked at him shocked for a moment then laughed.

“Daddy” Kelly asked again.

Harold let Jackie go to attend to his daughter’s needs “What do you need?”




“How was work?” Jackie asked after her husband finally climbed into bed, she felt him move in close wrapping his hands around comfortably towards her stomach.

“Meetings, briefings, and lunch, Georgetown was really congested” he said resting his head on the pillow “Kelly said she was set on having a baby sister” he mentioned smiling; he wanted to leave his work at work.

“She’s been telling me she was praying for it since she found out." her lips turned up in a smile then faded "Harold” she paused turning into him, he had his eyes closed “Work, how was it” she asked smiling, leaning into kiss him. He gave her a soft kiss back in return, then another, gradually increasing the intensity. He was enjoying this reprieve from the day. He pressed his fingers over her neck sucking on her skin. Then he heard her groan softly as he moved towards her breasts.

Opening his eyes he looked at her, seeing she was still wanting an answer. “Long, I –“ he breathed out for a moment moving back up so he could kiss her cute nose, but before he did he finished his sentence “I don’t think I’m going to be here for the party”

“Baby, Baker’s been asking you to come for so long –“ Jackie whispered nuzzling her nose in close to his.

“I know, I’ve been being briefed on some where they want me to go and what they want me to do, but they haven’t given me a date." he puased, so much for leaving work at work "The way things are turning out-" his words barely left his mouth as he saw her eyes look down, to sad to meet his. He knew she hated being the berror of bad news "I’ll tell him” he replied.

“You will?” she asked her eyes looking up to see him. There was no answer as she feelt their lips touch as he kissed her mouth again.

“I will” he replied.

She nodded; he was true to his word, when he could make it possible, given that circomstances didn't pull him away before he could explain. “I love you” she smiled softly feeling him kiss her again.

“I love you too” he murmured softly. They lay in silence for another few moments before she heard him start back into talkinb about the baby. “And for the record, I think it’s a boy” he smiled his eyes closing again. He was pretending to start to sleep.

“What if it is?” she asked smiling sweetly as her fingers touched his face.

“Well it’ll be Thomas of course, after your –“

“But I don’t want to be calling him Tommy, no Harold. No” she said smiling at him, whining, she loved doing that to him, because he was a sucker for it, but he smiled without a word. Breathing out heavily for a moment she proped her arm on her pillow and leaned her head on her palm. Running her fingers through his hair as she suggested “What about Brian?”

“Last night you wanted Thomas, now you want Brian?” he asked smiling, his eyes were open now.

“Well let’s name Brian Thomas Littrell then” she smiled cunningly “I love how can compromise” she smiled

“Yeah, but what if Kell-lee’s right?” he asked, stretching a little.

“We’re not calling her Brianna Thomasina” she smiled wittingly then she added "I think it’s a boy" she curled her finger behind his ears tickling it for a moment with her hand "if not we’re calling her Jacqueline” she smiled.

“Uh-huh” she saw a laughing smile escape from the side of his lips as she ran the tips of her nails behind his ears.

“Yeah” she chuckled laying her head back on her pillow, moving in closer again for another kiss “I love you.” They kissed for a brief moment again before she smiled turning her back towards him. She felt him scoot up whispering he loved her in her ear.

She smiled hearing his words, closing her own eyes sighing happily. She was so blessed, she couldn't be more pleased.

Wait, on second thought - he cuddled in closer resting his hands along her 'bump' again caressing it- ok, she smiled loving the security and affection.He stayed there till they both fell asleep. Awe this was heaven for her. Even if she was pregnant.