- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Yay, Another Chapter! Enjoy and please comment with your thoughts. :)
Jackie pulled into the parking-lot and pulled her purse out slamming the door shut before she ran inside, her hair was a mess, and her appearance even worse as she finally found her desk, she sat down behind it, placing her earpiece in her ear and pulling the thin wire around so was just below her lips.

“Jackie.” She heard a voice, one that was as angry as a hornet that had had its hive disturbed. Looking up she saw her boss.

“Hi” she moved her hand over her desk, and knocked over her cup full of pens and paperclips, looking at it for a moment she ing.

“You know how many people want your job?” he asked, his glasses tipped over his nose.

“A lot” she replied leaving her things as they were giving him her full attention.

“You’re forty-five minutes late.”

“I’m sorry the power went off again, and my –“ she stopped. He wouldn’t care.

“You’re paid to be here on time, and looking professional.” He went into his routine speech.

“Yes sir” she replied looking down her hands fell to the ribbon on her hand; she rubbed her thumb over it, feeling a small amount of comfort.

“I suspect you get here on time” he replied “and hide that piece of string on your arm, it looks ugly.”

Jackie pushed it up further, under her sleeve, nodding, waiting till he left her area, before she started to take calls.




Brian took off his clothes and laid them on the bench in the men’s dressing room, he then took out his towel from his bag and placed it beside around his on the bench. Since school gym hadn’t started yet, he knew no one would be there; he walked into the community showers and turned the first one on.

Bursts of water flowed over his body, he felt it softly pelt his skin, waiting for a moment to judge how loud the water was as it spilled onto the tile floor, he felt himself start to cry.

He was hungry, he could feel his stomach hurting from the night before, and what was left of his food money was now a white chalky powder that was supposed to relieve him from this reality.

He couldn’t talk to anyone in his family, because no one understood, all they wanted to do was to tell him what he was doing wrong. Even his own mom. She was never there to see what he did right. When tied his own shoes, when he went to his first day of school.

He rubbed the soap over his skin and his hair washing his body over as he cried, he felt his cravings come again and shut off the shower walking to the edge to find his towel.

The bell had rung now, and he knew the guys would soon be coming in for gym class. Quickly he grabbed his things and walked into a stall. Changing quickly into his same dirty grey, holey t-shirt and baggy jeans he walked out of the stall and shoved his things into and empty locker.




He walked into his third period class and sat down. The teacher without a word placed a piece of paper and pencil in front of him. Then started the class off with a long lecture about 7th grade Geography. It soon bored Brian and he started tapping his feet on the floor, then found that boring as well. As another few minutes passed Brian started to doodle on a pad of paper, drawing a picture of his house, almost in real-life detail. As he started to shade the roof he heard a voice come over the intercom.

“All students will need to stay in their classrooms, everyone will need to be out of he halls. Please return to your classrooms immediately.”

Brian looked up from his drawing. It was almost finished; he would just need to fix some small details.

“Charles” the teacher said stopping his lecture “would you please shut the door.” The boy in front of Brian nodded, stood up and walked to the door shutting it then returned to his seat. Brian returned to his shading

“What’s going on?” a girl asked timidly.

“A routine drug sniffing test” the teacher answered. Brian looked up from his paper; they would be searching all the lockers including the gym lockers. He found himself standing up.

“Can I go to the bathroom?” he asked.

The teacher snorted, “Didn’t you hear the announcement, no one leaves the classroom.”

Brian’s agitation was quickly turning into anxiety “I don’t want to piss my pants.”

“You can hold it.” The teacher said then went on with his lecture. Brian nervously sat back down, and started back into his shading getting more nervous as the moments passed by.

The bell rang for the next class but still the teacher would not release them “not until we have the all clear from the –“ he had started to say just before an officer stepped into the room.

“Is a Brian Littrell here?” the man interrupted the teacher. Brian felt himself sink in his chair.

“He’s right there.” The teacher pointed towards Brian.

He swore under his breath, how could he have been so stupid, he left his bag in the gymnasium locker room. Standing up he left his paper and walked towards the officer, then followed him out the door.