- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
A late Christmas present for anyone who has never read it. My one and only Christmas story lol

Hope you enjoy. :O)

"Absolutely not! No way Brian!"

"But Leigh..."

"No, there is no way that is going to happen end of story!!!" Leigh continued to pace back and forth in the foyer of their big house in Atlanta, "First you invite them over for Christmas dinner without even bothering to ask me, then this?" She was bouncing a sleeping Baylee on her shoulder as she complained.

"Baby, come on, they just want to be a part of the celebration, come on, it will be fun"

"Fun for who?" He walked towards her now with that smile that he knew would melt all her negative feelings away. He caressed his son's bald head and bent over him to kiss his wife. "For all of us. Leigh come on, we need to bond, and they really want to help. What do you say?" She stood there thinking, he smiled knowing he had already changed her mind.

"Baylee is too little to even know who or what Santa is! I think it's a dumb idea"

"It's not dumb, he might not realize it but we will have the pictures to show him when he grows up" He frowned at her, putting on that cute little pout that helped to produce their son in the first place.

"Aw, alright! But for God sakes, keep Nick away from anything flammable, breakable, or humpable!" Brian laughed.

"Thanks honey, they will be so happy. They have talked about wanting to play Santa for a long time now, putting the toys together will help us bond and give you the chance to catch up on some sleep"

"You know Brian, if you ever decide to change careers you should think about being a used car salesmen because you have a way of selling lemons to people" Baylee's eyes opened and he started to cry which left Leighanne bouncing off towards the kitchen.

He followed her, and grabbed Baylee while she warmed his formula, "You can call and tell them they can come over then! But you owe me BIG time for this you know that?"

DING DONG

The sound of the bell brought a glare from Leigh and a nervous smile from Brian. "Wow, would you look at that, news travels fast"

"Brian Thomas Littrell, you told them yes before asking me?"

"I knew you would say it was okay" He said kissing his wife once more on the cheek, and rubbing noses in an Eskimo kiss. He then walked towards the front door, Leigh and baby right behind him, "Remember what I said" she whispered as they got closer to the door, "Keep that child away from all things breakable and flammable"

"Leigh relax!" He opened the door and there were the four guys standing there, Kevin was the first to enter carrying a wrapped bottle of champagne for the couple, he walked over and kissed Leigh and the baby. AJ entered next with a huge stuffed Winnie the Pooh bear and handed it to Brian as he walked through the door. "Ho! Ho! Ho! Merry Christmas!" Howie said in as deep of a voice as he could get, carrying three large wrapped boxes into the house, he was followed by Nick holding a present in one hand and a broken antler in the other. He hugged Brian handing him the present, "I'm sorry about the antler" He said to Leigh handing it to her. "Yeah the stupid dumbass wasn't watching where he was going and fell over Rudolph outside" AJ said as he tickled Baylee under his chin.

"Oh that's okay honey, no big deal" she said to Nick, then she turned her gaze to Brian, glaring at him. Brian smiled, trying his hardest not to laugh. He bent over and whispered to Leigh, "At least he didn't try to hump it" she pulled away from him, "The night's still young" She said.

"Well, gentleman, I hate to be a party pooper, but I need to put this little guy to bed, thanks for coming over to help. You guys have your work cut out for you. Brian bought out the Toys R US."

Nick walked over to her, and kissed her on the cheek, "Thanks for inviting us" He said, "Brian told us this was your idea" She glanced over to him once again, "Oh..Did he?"

"Thanks honey!" She said. He knew he was gonna catch hell from her, but the guys, especially Nick needed to hear that little white lie. "Honey, will you help me put Baylee to bed"

"Sure thing, I'll be right back guys" He said as he climbed the stairs. "My idea huh?" She asked him when they were out of the boys earshot. Brian laughed, "Um, yeah sorry about that" she rolled her eyes at him, "Just remember what I said"

"Yeah I know, keep him away from flammable things got it" Then they heard a crash followed by Nick yelling up "Sorry"

"And breakable too, got it" He said laughing at the look on his wife's face. "Something tells me you are in for a long night Brian!" She said as she placed Baylee in his crib, after kissing his wife and child goodnight, he made his way back downstairs...