- Text Size +
"Brian are all these gifts going to fit under the tree?" Kevin said trying to manuever the big car so it wouldn't knock anything down. The Christmas tree looked like it was ready to explode with all the gifts growing in volume underneath. "I mean I can't even see the tree anymore and we aren't even half done yet!"

"Geez, relax Kevin, we'll get it all in there, there isn't that much stuff"

"Uh, Rok, yes there is" AJ grunted.

"The kid will be set for at least three years with all this stuff Brian" Howie said from behind the pile of stuffed animals.

"D, why do you keep migrating over to those animals? I am taking a count to make sure they are all their when you leave"

"God then we wonder why people might think we're gay sometimes, because of statements like that Brian!" Nick joked from the floor. He was playing with some of the little action figurines that Brian had set out for Baylee.

"I hate to say this, but it looks like we have officially lost somebody" AJ said pointing over at Nick. He looked up, "I'm still here"

"Yeah but not your attention span though"

"Yes it is, I have gotten better at that, right little tiny action guys?"

"Right" He answered in a deep voice, moving the toys around like they were fighting.

"Riiiight, anyway, what should we do next Brian? I mean it's almost 2 AM, I thought we would be done by now"

"I don't know J, just find something to put together and go nuts!"

"Okay then" He said looking through the boxes, he pushed aside the railroad tracks to find something else, and pleased he found a Candy Land Game.

"Oh, that doesn't come out of the box bro sorry"

"You got him Candy Land Brian?" Kevin asked laughing.

"Yeah, what kind of dad would I be if I didn't?"

"A dad who had the sense to wait until his son could walk to get him that"

"Gee thanks Kev, that was sweet of you"

"I'm just being honest, man you really did go overboard!"

"Okay maybe I did go a little overboard, I just want Bay to have a great Christmas" He said looking at all the boxes yet to be displayed.

"Why don't you put some of them aside for next year Brian, when Baylee is old enough to realize what they are?" Howie suggested, Nick taking in the scene and seeing Brian getting upset took charge, "You know what" He said as he put down the action figures and walked over to Brian, "This is gonna be one of the best Christmas' ever and if Bri wants all these things out than he should have them out"

"Yes you're right, sorry Bri, I just think we all are getting a little tired" AJ said now moving over to Howie with the Candy Land game in his hands.

"You guys can leave if you want, I know it's getting late"

"No way man! I want to play Santa. I am having too much fun to leave now" AJ said

"Yeah me too buddy" Howie added.

"I guess you're stuck with us cousin" Kevin said.

"I know what we can do, let's play Candy Land!" they all groaned at Nick's suggestion but sure enough a few minutes later amid boxes still yet to be opened, "I get to move two green squares HA!"

"Stop saying HA! after every move it's annoying Nick"

"You're just jealous AJ because I am about to win HA!"

"Oh my God were you this annoying as a little kid too? Oh wait you WERE" Nick stuck his tongue out at AJ as they continued to play Candy Land until after 2 AM...