- Text Size +
"Holy Cow!" Howie exclaimed

"That's another one I don't get, holy cow! Where did that come from?" AJ asked.

Moving in close enough for only AJ to hear, Nick whispered, "Not sure but don't worry, I'm sure that the all knowing Leighanne will come down and tell us" AJ chuckled.

"What are you holy cowing about anyway D?" Brian asked while he moved his little red gingerbread figure three spaces on the board, passing nick and knocking his blue guy over.

"Hey!"

"HA!" Brian snorted.

"I said that because...well..look at the time" He said pointing to the huge clock.

"Crap!" Brian said and just like that, took all the Candy Land pieces and threw them back in the box, "How did that even happen?" Kev asked now munching on some chips and a soda.

"No clue, I guess time flies when you are having fun" Howie said now sitting up with the stuffed fish on his lap.

"I'm surprised that Baylee hasn't woken up yet, he usually wakes at 2 every morning"

"Really? That sucks!" Nick said still clinging on to his playing piece, Brian reached over and grabbed it away from him and pushed the box behind him. "Yeah, he does. It's no big deal, he cries and we go get him and put him in bed with us"

"Isn't that a bad habit to get the kid in Bri?"

"I don't think so. He is still only a baby AJ, if he is doing it at 30, then we'll worry"

As if on cue, the sound of a baby's cry, echoed down the steps. It brought a smile to the daddy's face as he jumped up. "I'll be right back guys, my son needs me" He said before running up the steps.

"I'm so happy for him" Nick said when he saw his friend's eyes light up at the sound of his child crying.

"Yeah, if it's anyone that deserves to be happy, it's Rok" AJ said sitting with his legs spread out in front of him while he sat on the floor.

"How come only Rok deserves happiness? What about the rest of us?"

"You can't ask me that while you have a stuffed fish on your lap"

"I'm hungry. Kevin's making me hungry"

"How am I making you hungry Nick?"

"You are making those chips look so good!"

"Than have some"

"I'm not in the mood for salty, I want sweet"

"So put sugar on them"

"Ick!"

"I think I saw some cookies in the kitchen Nick" Howie said winking at the tall blonde.

"Why the wink?"

"Huh?"

"Why did you just wink?"

"I didn't realize I did that"

"You are too funny D! You and your involuntary winking disorder you got going on there"

"Nick, just shut up and go eat some cookies!"

"Anybody want anything while I'm up?" He asked springing to his feet.

"Yeah I'll take a soda" AJ said. "Me too" Howie added. "Yeah and bring in enough cookies for everybody" Kevin said.

"What am I? Your servant?"

"Yes!" They all said in an eerie unison. Nick laughed and went into the kitchen.

"Maybe we should tackle that train thing again" Kevin suggested to AJ and Howie.

"Nah!" they both said in unison.

"Yes, you're right, let's make Brian deal with that one. It's his kid right?"

"Right exactly!" AJ said right before a huge crash was heard in the kitchen. Followed by Nick saying "OOPS!" Very loudly. And now a gently crying baby, was now screaming!

That brought Leighanne bolting down the stairs. "Uh oh, someone's gonna catch hell" AJ said in a sing song voice.

"What was that?" She asked urgently when she reached the bottom of the steps.

"I think Nick dropped something in there"

"Oh for the love of God! Why is he in there by himself?" She asked running in. This caused a huge laughing fit from the already overtired men. All you could here was Nick stuttering while Leigh scolded him. Then two minutes later, he walked out covered in flour. The boys paused only long enough to take in Nick's appearance before they started cracking up again. Finally Kevin was able to gather enough composure to ask, "Nick, what the hell happened?"

"I was reaching for what I thought was a cookie jar" He said as he continued to wipe the flour off of him with a damp towel, "And it turns out, it was really a canister that held flour" They laughed again, this time trying to mute themselves because they figured Leigh was mad enough already.

"And the canister was ceramic, the stupid thing fell on my head" Howie snorted which caused another laughing fit, this time Nick joining in. they abruptly stopped when Leighanne came back into he living room with a look that could kill.

"You have to keep it down guys! Baylee is now very upset!" She said sneering at Nick who recoiled. Then she trotted back up the steps. Nick wore a tight I'm in trouble look on his face which only increased when he heard Leigh now yelling at Brian.

"Nick broke something"

"I'm sorry Leigh"

"Do we need to put mittens on that boys hands to keep him from touching anything?" This brought about more laughs from the guys.

"He didn't do it on purpose"

"Well, go downstairs and make sure that he doesn't touch anything else" Baylee's crying slowed down to a whimper as Brian came slowly down the steps.

"I'm sorry Brian I didn't mean to break anything" Nick said as Brian smiled at him, already giggling seeing how slap happy the other guys were.

"What am I gonna do with you?" He asked.

"Do you have a pair of mittens?" Nick asked while the room exploded with laughter.