- Text Size +
"I'm sooo tired"

"He's whining again"

"I am not whining AJ, I'm just stating a fact"

"So am I. Nick, the fact is your whining!"

"Guys quit it! Hey Brian, how much more stuff do we have to put together before we are done?" Kevin asked through a yawn.

Brian stood up and surveyed the situation, holding his hand on his chin, "Hrmm, let's see, well..we have to set up his easel and the paints and crayons, there's the collection of Mr. Potato heads.."

"Brian, do we really need to put those together?" Howie asked.

"No, I suppose they should stay in the box"

"Yeah, I mean isn't that toy for three or older anyway?" AJ asked looking at the box.

"There's also the second LEGO kit"

"God, Bri, what other LEGO kit did you get the kid?" Kevin asked now laughing. Brian seemed upset suddenly, he slumped down on the couch, "I have totally made a mess of things haven't I?" He said letting out a deep and long sigh. Kevin walked over and joined his cousin on the couch, placing his arm around him, "No Brian, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you feel bad"

"I know, but you guys are right. I mean look at all this junk" He said pointing to the ever growing mound of toys gathering at the base of the Christmas Tree. "I just wanted everything to be perfect. I wanted him to remember this forever, His first Christmas, I mean his REAL first Christmas"

"Aw Brian, he won't remember this, he is too young. It's really YOU that wants to remember this not him" Nick said laying down and fiddling with his jacket's zipper. They all looked at the blonde who was oblivious to the stares.

"As scary as this sounds, the kid is right Brian. Baylee will have no memory of who brought him what. The only thing that matters is that you and Leigh realize how special today was." AJ said as he smiled over at the father.

"Yeah, your right. I just want this to be perfect."

"And it will be" Howie added with a wink.

Nick now sat up and looked at his friend, "Besides Bri, Bay will have many many years of Santa bringing him stuff. You are doing a fine job, and that wouldn't change whether he had two toys under this tree or two hundred!" Brian smiled over at Nick, "Now after saying that, can I have one of these toys under this tree?" AJ took another pillow from the couch and tossed it at Nick's head.

"Cool! That's what I was aiming for" He said as he grabbed the pillow and placed it under his head as he laid down.

"If we want to finish before daybreak, we should get started again" Howie said as he took a seat next to Nick grabbing the pillow from under his head, making him sit up again.

"Yeah, God it's after 3 AM holy cow!"

"Where did that come from? Holy cow?"

"Didn't you ask that before AJ?"

"Yup but I never got an answer, so can any of you enlighten me perhaps?"

"It's from India, they worship cows there" Kevin said

"Yes and there was one cow there, who was black and brown and he made a special milk" Howie continued

"Oh yeah that's right, and the cow, would make chocolate milk right Nick?"

"Huh?" He said totally confused not realizing he was supposed to be witty, Howie gave him a nudge, "Oh yeah, that's right Brian and the cow, I think Willie was his name, would talk, he chanted"

"A chanting cow?" AJ asked trying to look serious

"Oh yes a chanting cow he would say, I'm moooooing now, I'm moooing now"

"That was the cow's chant then? I'm mooing now?" Kevin asked

"Um..at 3AM on Christmas morning, yes" They all laughed.

"See? Who says we aren't funny?" Howie asked, sparking the guys to laugh some more.

"Can I be serious for a minute?" Brian asked

"Sure go ahead, we can take it"

"Thanks AJ, well I just wanted to say, I know we have been through a lot over the last year or so, and I'm just really glad that you guys are here sharing this day with me. I can't think of four other people I would rather be doing this with"

"Thanks man, same here" AJ said rasing his can of Coke in a salute. Nick got up and tackled Brian sending him sailing to the floor, "I love you man!" He said repeatedly giving him raspberries on his cheek"

"Get off of me, idiot!"

"Now about this train set" Kevin said walking over in its' direction

"Ugh! nooo" Nick cried.

"I think I could figure it out if.." He stopped looking at the box as if the directions would jump out at him, the guys watched in amusement, "If..Hey Brian? Do you have a fork and a thumbtack?"

"Oh for the love of GOD!" Nick huffed, as they all sat around the train set...