- Text Size +
Leighanne stretched and rolled over to kiss her husband who's eyes sleepily opened at the gesture.

"Merry Christmas sweetheart" She said as she sat up to go get her son.

Brian slowly sat up and yawned, "We got everything put together last night finally"

"Oh yeah? What time did you come to bed? I didn't even hear you"

"About 4:45 or so" She turned around in disbelief, "4:45?"

"Yeah, we had some trouble with the train, so we decided to just can it, and we played a few games of Candy Land and lost track of the time" She laughed

"Candyland?"

"Yes, oh and just so you know, the guys are still here, they crashed downstairs by the tree"

"Good God" She said now leaving the room and returning with Baylee who was awake but not crying in her arms.

"Okay well, should we go downstairs and see what Santa brought you Baylee?" She said bouncing him and kissing his neck until he laughed. "See there ya go, he is excited!" Brian hopped out of bed, "Let's go Bay"

They were welcomed by the sound of snoring when they got down the steps, "Brian, why didn't you just give them some guest rooms?"

"Because they just kind of crashed right where they were"

She put Baylee down and Brian holding one hand and Leigh holding the other, they walked him to the tree and all his presents. Baylee's eyes went from one shiny thing to the next until finally landing on what he really wanted to play with, he walked over and sat on Nick's head. Brian and Leigh just laughed.

"Um..." Was heard faintly from under the young ones butt. Baylee rolled off of Nick's head using the blondes hair as a brace. "Okay OW!" He said as he opened his eyes to stare at the baby. Brian was laughing which woke the other guys up.

"Hey! Merry Christmas" Kevin said staggering into a sitting position on the sofa. The other guys did the same until finally they were all sitting up. Baylee's attention was firmly based on the young blonde under the tree, he was smiling as he used Nick's body to help him stand. "Hey I think he likes that big stupid looking present the best! Hope it came with a warranty" AJ quipped.

"Hey! Shut up AJ" Nick said as he made faces at Baylee until he laughed. Brian tried to pull his son's attention away from the guys and back to his presents, but Baylee was unphased by them totally. He just kept trying to now follow Howie around. All the men gathered around the tree calling Baylee's name and showing him his toys.

"Hey Baylee, look at this!" Kevin whispered to him, holding the fish in his hand. Baylee grabbed the hat off of it and placed it in his mouth.

"Baylee look what I have" AJ said as he walked up to him with a Mr. Potato Head in his hands. Totally unimpressed with that, it was now Howie's turn, "Baylee, hewwow I'm Curious George" He said holding the monkey in front of his face, Baylee grabbed at it while still chewing on the hat.

"Does that taste yummy?" Nick asked while he tickled Bay's tummy.

Brian walked to his wife and whispered, "Seems the only thing he wanted was them" He said pointing to his four band mates who were really entertaining the kid now. She turned to Brian and rolled her eyes, but then she nodded.

"Okay well...who wants some breakfast?" She asked and Nick put his hand up as well as Baylee's which gave Kevin the opportunity to tickle the baby's armpit. He let out a howling laugh.

Brian grabbed his camcorder and started to film and watched happily as his best friends and his child played about under the tree. He would remember this Christmas always he thought to himself.

Always

Baylee walked over to the Train box with help from Nick and opened it spilling the contents all over the place.

"I knew we should have put that thing together" He said to AJ as they looked on.

"Hey Kevin"

"Yes Nick"

"Baylee is only one and HE managed to get the train box open on his first try"

"Nick"

"Yes?"

"Shut up"

"Okie Dokie"

Brian smiled at the friendly banter being exchanged and made a mental note of what needs to be done next Christmas. Santa comes for Nick.

"Hey guys" Brian said as they all looked up at him

"Yeah Brian?"

"Merry Christmas!"

"Same to you bro, same to you" Howie said with a wink as they all stood around the tree and watched Baylee play with the box that the train came in, ignoring all the toys that they had spent hours putting together...

The End