- Text Size +
They all sat around staring at each other, unopened boxes surrounding them. Finally Brian took the initiative, "Well guys, let's get to work"

"Okay, what to do first?" AJ asked looking from one big thing to the other.

"Well, let's get the two big things out of the way first. The car and the tricycle"

"Ooo I call the tricycle!" Nick yelled far louder than he should have bringing four leaky tire sounds simultaneously, "SHHH!"

"Sorry, I just get a little excited" He said slinking back to his position on the floor.

"No? Really dumbass? Would have never guessed" AJ said pushing the car box over to where Howie was sitting. "You wanna work with me on that?" J asked Howie who was still holding the silly stuffed fish on his lap. "Sure"

"Um, AJ I'd rather have you working on the Tricycle. Nick will take the car"

"Hey!" Nick said looking disappointed. "Sorry, but.."

"But he doesn't want it to fall apart the second Baylee gets on it jackass"

"Yeah what AJ said, minus the jackass remark" Nick looked hurt for a second but the smile made Brian laugh.

"J?"

"Yes, Nicko?"

"Why do you feel the need to attach the word ass to everything?"

"I don't do that"

"Yeah you do AJ, he's right you do it all the time"

"I do not Brian, just Nick and ass seem to go very well together don't you think Kevin?"

"Uh..yeah sure whatever you just said, hey Brian?"

"Yup?"

"Do you have box cutters or something?"

"I'll check, wow you still haven't gotten that box opened yet?" Nick asked from across the room, Kevin looking up from the race track just gave him a sharp look. Nick just had to continue, "Haven't you been like trying to open that box for the last hour or so?"

"Nick, shut the hell up"

"Okie dokie"

Howie got the box to the car open and gasped with every piece he pulled from it. "Hey Kevin"

"What Nick?"

"Howie got our box opened, just thought you'd want to know"

"Shut up Nick"

"Okie dokie"

Brian walked back into the room with box cutters and after handing them to Kevin, sat down next to AJ, opening the box of the tricycle and pulling out it's contents. "Hey Kevin"

"Nick if you tell me that Brian opened his box I am going to take it and shove it down your throat!"

"Okie dokie" the room erupted with laughter. Then remembering the baby asleep upstairs Brian put his fingers to his lips, "Shh guys come on, once he's awake, it's impossible to get him back to sleep"

"Okay sorry we will try to be quiet" AJ said, taking out the directions and holding them up to his face, "Time for glasses J?" Brian asked with one eyebrow raised in amusement. "Yeah, my vision is going"

"Finally old age is catching up to AJ" Brian said in a mocking tone, "Shut up dumbas...butt" He said catching himself.

"Stupid box!" Kevin grumbled struggling with the box cutter. Nick smiled but refrained from saying anything. "Wow Rok, I never realized how many parts there were to these things"

"Yeah I know tell me about it, when I was a kid, we played with weebles"

"I remember those things" Howie said through a smile "They weeble and they wobble but they don't fall down. I had the weeble tree house"

Nick laughed, "I have no idea what you are talking about but I bet it was a girls toy!" Howie slapped Nick and went for his neck, Nick sat back making the box of opened LEGOs fall out of the box and on the floor. "Sorry"

"Gentlemen, I have a feeling we will be hearing him say that a lot tonight" Brian said as he took his screw driver and plunged it into a screw on the bike. "Hey Kevin, I managed to open that box without even trying" Kevin ignored him and had now moved onto a pair of scissors to try to pry the box open.

"What a shitty conversation!" Howie said out of the blue making everybody look up.

"Huh?" Nick asked him still looking perplexed.

"When you asked why AJ added ass to everything I was thinking of something witty to say!"

"Okay, well that was like ten minutes ago D" AJ said through a smile.

"But that was a good one I suppose" everyone laughed until once again shushed by Brian.

"Hey Brian do you have like a spoon or something?" Kevin asked.

"Gee, no Kevin we don't have any spoons here, we just cup our hands and hope for the best"

"Why are you all being smartasses tonight?" They all laughed and then looked at Howie, "Go ahead D say it" J said pointing at him

"What a shitty conversation"

"Good one Howie D" They said amongst golf claps.

Brain stood up ready to walk in the kitchen, "Kevin why do you need a spoon?"

"To pry the box open" Brian laughed and patted his cousin on the head.

"What? It's hard to open!"