- Text Size +
"I don't get how to do this, Brian come here for a minute okay?" Nick asked Brian from his position sitting pretzel style on the floor, tongue sticking out of his mouth. Brian walked over and crouched down next to the blonde. "What's the problem?" He asked staring at his handy work. He was doing a pretty good job with the car so far, of course, he was only on the wheels.

"I am lost, it says put the nut seen in figure A13 in slot 3. I don't see a slot three anywhere. They must be wrong"

"Oh, naturally they MUST be wrong because Nick doesn't see a slot three. That's the only logical explanation"

"Stop being a meanie Kevin, just because you can't open a silly box.."

"Oh wait I get it now, it says put the nut seen in the picture in the slot, hey Nick isn't that a picture of AJ?" Nick let out one of his little chuckles as AJ just stuck his tongue out at Brian. While he was working on the tricycle, AJ broke out into song,

Deck The Halls With Boughs of holly, Fa La La La La La La La La
Tis the Season To Be jolly, Fa La La La La La La La La

"I don't get that song"

"Why D?"

"It makes no sense, I mean that part does but the Troll part?"

"Yeah D, Troll the ancient Yule tide carol? What is that supposed to mean? Is there a Christmas troll or something?"

"Yes Brian, the Christmas troll. That works" Kevin said trying to pry the railroad track box open with his spoon.

"My favorite part of that one is, Don we now are gay, apparel. Is somebody telling Don that he is gay? Like hello Don, we are now gay now get dressed buddy!" Nick said completely cracking himself up.

"Yeah exactly like I am tho gay now, let's go find our Chrithmas troll and get out of here honey bun" AJ said in his gay guy voice bringing the room to laughter again. Suddenly footsteps were heard coming down the stairs. "Uh-oh" Nick said so only Howie could hear him.

"Guys, do you mind keeping it down? Your getting pretty loud and Baylee might wake up" She said while glaring at Brian. "Yes, we're sorry baby" He said jumping to his feet and kissing her. "Oh and by the way, troll the ancient Yule tide carol was the way they used to say sing the old songs, and don we now are gay apparel means get dressed in your Sunday best"

"Hey, thanks for solving the mystery I can die a happy man!" Nick said winking at her playfully. She blew him a kiss and headed back up the steps.

"We just made Mommy mad" AJ said trying to hide behind the bike.

"You guys want anything to drink?" Brian asked while walking towards his kitchen.

"How about some nog! God I love that stuff" Nick said laying on the floor, Brian smiled at him, how he did miss this kid sometimes, "Taking a break already?"

"Yes my arms hurt"

"Oh, I see. Is there any NOG in particular that you would like? I have some wonderful Beef NOG" Nick laughed, his stomach going up and down as he held his hand up to cover his mouth. Brian loved making him laugh it was so easy.

"Yeah B, I'll take some of that Beef Nog!"

"Okay, anybody else?"

"How about some hot tea" Howie said with a look of deep concentration on his face.

"Sure thing"

"I'll take a beer"

Everyone stared over at AJ, "Just kidding people, geez, lighten up!"

Brian disappeared into the kitchen to get the stuff he needed.

"Hey guys, do you think us coming over here was really Leigh's idea?" Nick asked, lying on the floor with knees up. One leg crossed over the other.

"Hell no" Howie said, which got a smile out of Kevin.

"Yeah that's what I thought too"

"Okay who ordered the NOG?" Brian asked. Nick raised his hand, "Well sit up I don't want it all over my floor" Nick sat up and grabbed his drink as Brian handed the rest of the cups out.

"So, what's it like being a Daddy Bri?" Howie asked waiting for his tea.

"Christmas, it feels like Christmas everyday. When I open my eyes in the morning and hear him cry, I go in a pick him up, it's like unwrapping a gift. Over and over again" He sat looking so reflective, with a light in his eyes as he spoke.

"I do believe that was the sweetest thing I have ever heard" Howie said.

"He's getting vaclempt" Nick said pretending to cry.

"Way to ruin a moment Nick" Kevin said throwing a pillow at his head.

"Kevin, can't help but notice.."

"Yeah I know" Kevin said digging his spoon into the huge staple once again.

"You know what used to scare the crap out of me when I was a kid?" Nick asked sipping his eggnog.

"That was a pretty random question, but now I'm curious, what scared you Nick?" Kevin asked, not looking up past the box.

"Rudolph"

"The reindeer?"

"Yup"

"The red nosed reindeer?"

"Uh huh"

"Hey, I heard he has a shiny nose!" AJ said trying to be funny.

"Nick" Kevin said now looking at him, "Why?"

"Have you ever really watched that show?"

"Um. yeah"

"God everyone is soo mean. Santa is such a jerk in that"

"What?" Brian asked through a smile.

"Santa was so mean to Rudolph when he saw his nose glow, he was all like ew, get this freaky reindeer away from me dawg!"

"Santa called someone a dawg?"

"No, but he would have, if he wanted to be cool!"

"Oh, I see" Brian nodded in a mocking way.

"But as I was saying, all the reindeers, the older dudes, were so mean to the kid, no wonder he left. I would have too!" He was speaking so seriously about the subject that the guys didn't know whether or not they should laugh.

"Terrifying I'm telling you, I still can't watch it to this day" He said shuddering, they cracked up.

"Now we know what will work to calm the kid down, threaten him with Rudolph!" AJ said.

"Brian?"

"Yes Kevin?"

"Can I maybe use a knife? A really big knife? The small one didn't work" Through laughter at Kevin's expense, Brian went to go get a knife.