- Text Size +
Brian's eyes were beginning to glaze over at the sight of, what he was certain, was not a real language. He developed a headache about an hour ago and this made it escalate to a whole new level. He looked over to his bandmates and smiled when he saw how happy they were, talking and laughing while they worked on the castle and the race track. Then he glanced at his watch, he stood up and walked over to his front closet and pulled out a bunch of gifts, "Hey guys" He said bringing everybody's eyes up his way. He pointed to the big grandfather clock that sat in the living room and said "Merry Christmas!"

They all smiled and returned the greeting. Brian approached them giving each one a box that had their name on the front. He hugged each guy as he did that, until they all held their presents in their hands.

"Wow thanks cousin" Kevin said as he stared at his box, shaking it slightly.

"Don't shake it, open it one at a time. Kevin why don't you go first"

"Are you sure? Why don't we wait until later on?"

"Because I want you to open this NOW!!!"

"Okay then" He said as he delicately opened the box, careful not to rip the paper. When it was finally opened, the box had in it, a huge poster, framed and signed by Prince himself. He pulled it out and started at it in awe.

"How did you get this?" He asked. Brian smiling widely from the look of shock on his cousins face, said "It wasn't easy but I managed. Okay D, now it's your turn"

Howie had a very excited look on is face as he held the small box in his hands. "Nice job with wrapping it Brian"

"You would say that wus!" Nick said, Howie only winked back at him. "Uh, Howie, you don't actually think I did that do you?"

"No, I think I know you better than that B" He said as he tried to pull the tape carefully away from the paper, to keep it from ripping. When he finally got it opened, it was a beautiful brown elephant made of wood. "Wow Brian thanks so much, this is beautiful"

"It's from Ghana. I saw it and thought of you and your Mom"

"Ooh Ooh Ooh can I go next?" Nick begged holding and shaking his box. He looked like he was five years old.

"No, sorry buddy, you go last. AJ you open your now" AJ laughed and then stuck out his tongue at the pouting Nick. He grabbed his box and started to be careful then just decided to totally rip the paper to shreds. He opened up a beautiful red beret. "WOW! Rok thanks man, I don't really have that many berets. Wee wee" He said placing it on his head. "Don't ask me why, but when I saw it I thought of you"

"What you weren't having sex at the time were you?"

"God AJ, way to be gross!" Howie said taking a closer look at his elephant.

"No!"

"My turn my turn woohoo!" Nick said making us all laugh. "No, I think you have to wait until Christmas morning" Brian said playing with his friend. He pretended to cry, "Aw please uncle Brian, I'll be good. I promise!"

"Okay just open the damn thing" He said sitting next to Nick now. He wanted to really get a good look at his face when he opened it up. "Nick tore through the box in two seconds flat. He pulled out a picture. It was of Brian and Nick back in the early days, they were wearing those silly ass hats that labeled them as Frick and Frack. The frame was made of crystal. It was a stunning sight. "Oh my gosh, I remember his like it was yesterday. He looked over to his friend and grabbed him in a hug. Thanks Brian"

"Not a problem, I was going through some of my scrapbooks, when I came across that picture. I knew it was one of your favorites. "Merry Christmas everyone" Brian said taking his seat back over by the railroad tracks.

"I can't think of a better way to spend the holiday then being with the four of you" Nick said raising his glass of eggnog to the boys before slurping it down.

"Now back to work people come on chop chop!"

"Chop chop Kevin?"

"Yes, Nick chop chop. Why? You got a problem with that too?"

"Uh yeah" Everyone laughed some more.

"AM I gonna have to separate you two?" Brian asked trying to give a stern face.

"Rok, you are gonna have to work on that, otherwise your son, is gonna get away with murder!" AJ said placing two of the LEGO flags up his nose.

"What are you doing?"

"Testing for baby safety D"

"By sticking a flag up your nose?"

"Yes, If I could do it then so could Bay"

"You are gonna clean that thing before putting it on my son's castle correct?"

"Yes, Brian gee whiz!"

"Wait AJ don't you mean Good gravy?" Nick asked laughing once again at Kevin's expense.

"I am gonna kill this kid before the night is over Brian"

"Ah, there's nothing like the sound of someone talking about murder on Christmas" Brian said as he sat back and watched the boys fighting with each other.