- Text Size +
It was very still as the turtle brothers stood at the ready, ready for any sudden attacks from the Foot. The brothers thought felt like they were in their ready positions for hours which was only for several minutes. They slowly moved so they were facing opposite ways but side by side.

"God, when is this going to get started?" whispered Raph to Leo.

"When someone other than us makes the first move," answered Leo.

"What? Great, can't ya be you in a battle for once?" asked Raph.

"What? Act like you? Well, never done that with the Foot," whispered Leo.

"I'll take it as a just charge into it," said Raph.

"Go for it," said Leo.

Raph jumped and started the attack. Leo ran towards his side of the Foot, taking a few of them off guard. Leo went after the elites first, wanting to finish them off quickly. He twirled his katana around, clearing room for himself. Two or three at a time would come and attack him, trying to tire him out. He knew this tactic. They were only toying with him.

I've gotta keep myself from getting tired, thought Leo to himself as he tried to conserve his energy. He knew this would turn bad if they did manage to get him to fall into their trap. It would be very bad to leave his brother to fight the rest. It was then he decided, if he was going to go down, he was going to take as many as he could out with him.

Raph was having an easy time knocking off the Foot Soldiers. He had no real plan. He was just going in and kicking the butts of random Foot Soldiers. His kicks and punches were well thought out as he threw them. As he fought, the Foot Soldiers fell, as did the elites.

Twenty-one, twenty-two, I think I won this time, thought Raph as he continued to fight and keep track of how many Foot he was knocking out. He smiled evilly as he fought. He looked at all the Foot Soldiers who were trying to fight him. Just then, he realized, he had not fought and elite that day.

He shot a look towards his older brother. His jaw dropped at what he saw, his brother being beaten by the Foot Elites. Raph's eyes widened as he watched his own turtle brother hit the ground.

The elites grinned under their masks as they looked at the fallen turtle. Guilt wrapped around their hearts a little but their desensitizing made them not feel it too much. Not one of them noticed Raph who was running up behind them getting ready to knock them out.

Raph quickly wiped out the elites who were around his brother's body. Once they were gone, he guarded the unmoving body of his brother from the Foot. Suddenly, the ninjas heard some loud sirens. The Foot vanished while Raph picked up the body of his brother.

"Raph?" asked Leo weakly.

"Yeah, hang on bro. I'm getting' you outta here," said Raph as he carried his older brother like a young child.

Raph jumped into the first sewer he sewer he saw with his brother. He looked over his brother's injuries as he ran. Leo had various cuts of various sizes from the weapons the Foot were using. He was loosing blood fast and he needed to get medical attention fast. Raph quickly sped up his pace to get to the lair. He knew Leo didn't have much time.

Raph ran as fast as his tired legs would carry him to the lair. All the way there, he didn't even concentrate on the fact that Leo was heavy. He ran into the lair it haste.

"DONNY!" screamed Raph.

Donny jumped up and ran to his brother. There, Donny's jaw dropped, his older brother, near death once again but this time, with a brother to help him. Donny's mind drifted to the Christmas adventure they had when they were fifteen and Leo was nearly killed by the Foot when Shredder made his first sign he was back.

"Bring him to the lab and put him on the table," commanded Donny.

Raph ran to the lab, brushing past Callista, who had come out of her room to see what the commotion was about. Callista ran after Raph to see what was wrong. There, she saw Leonardo, lying lifelessly, on the table. Tears came to her eyes and she turned and ran towards her room. 'I never got to tell him,' thought Callista as she dove onto her bed and cried into her pillow.