- Text Size +
Callista awoke that morning to someone stroking her unmasked head gently. Her eyes fluttered open. She found she was still at the table but Leo's head was not where it had been. A three fingered hand softly stroked her head.

Callista jumped back in fright, falling off the chair in fright. She looked on the table and saw what she had deemed impossible. There, getting off the table to help her up was Leonardo.

"Are you alright? I'm sorry I scared you," apologized Leo as he helped Callista up.

Callista's eyes widened as a smile found its way on her face. Before she knew it, she was jumping into Leo's arms and hugging him tightly. He was in rough shape but she didn't care, he was alive. She felt his arms wrap around her tightly. She never felt so complete before.

"Leo! I thought I'd never see you again!" cried Callista.

"I know, Calli. I know," said Leo as he held Callista close to him.

The two of them stayed like that for a few minutes. Neither of them wanted to move. It was bliss for both as their hearts found themselves to be whole. They both relished the closeness of the other, neither of them knowing what to say.

Leo took in everything. H had never hugged someone so tightly. He was just happy to have her in his arms the whole time. Although he was still unaware that her and Mikey were no longer together, he still felt great holding her even if it was for a few moments. He closed his eyes. If death was to come upon him at that very second, he would have definitely died happily.

Callista was so happy to see Leo awake again. Her wish had definitely come true. There was nothing else she could have ever asked for. All she wanted was to be like that for the end of time but first thing was first. She pulled away from him reluctantly. She knew Leo had to recover before she held him longer. She could almost see the disappointment in his eyes when she pulled away.

"Leo, you need to rest. You can hug me later," said Callista as she softly pushed Leo backwards to the table.

"On that thing? Do you know how uncomfortable that thing is?" asked Leo, almost laughing.

"Well then get to your room. I'll get Donny so he knows you woke up and you're being stubborn," said Callista.

Leo laughed a bit. He knew she would get Donny but he wanted her to stay. He watched her leave the room before walking to his room. He felt his legs hurt like Hell but he didn't want to admit that it was that bad. He sighed as he climbed into bed. He was in pain, granted but his heart ached for Callista more.

Soon, Donny, Master Splinter, Raph, Mikey, and Callista walked into Leo's room. Everyone was glad to see Leo was awake and being his normal self, at least when he was injured or sick which was to get up and move around like a lion in a cage. After a complete check up, Leo was not happy about Don's poking and prodding. He at least knew that he was alive. Donny told him not to practice for about two weeks.

"Two weeks? Donny, I can't say down that long," argued Leo.

"My son, you had a very bad incident with the Foot. I do not think it is wise for you to try and continue your training while you are in this condition," said Master Splinter.

"Yeah, Leo. It's only to make sure you heal up. Besides, it looked as if you may have torn some muscles. You should rest for a while. Besides, we'll be sure to keep you entertained for two weeks," said Donny tying to calm his brother down.

"Yeah, dude, you've got me here! If anyone can keep anyone entertained, it's me! Times, when I can't do it, I'm sure our pretty little Callista can keep ya busy in more than one way," laughed Mikey.

Callista walked over to Mikey and smacked him up side the head.

"Ouch! Hey, Calli, what was that for?" yelled Mikey.

"That was for the comment! It was completely uncalled for! I'm not that kind of girl!" scolded Callista.

"Sorry babe," said Mikey.

"Further more, don't call me Babe!" scolded Callista as she watched Mikey cower away from her.

"Looks like you're sleeping in the doghouse tonight, Mikey," joked Raph.

"Ha. Ha. Ha. Listen to the funny mutant," said Mikey.

"What are you talking about Raph, I'm not seeing Mikey anymore. We broke up a month ago," said Callista.

Raph, Don, and Leo's eyes suddenly focused on Callista. They didn't even notice that she was single.

"Well, that just shows how observant you boys are," laughed Callista.

Everyone laughed for a while before leaving Leo to get his rest. Raph stayed behind. He was happy to see his brother awake. There was one thing that he had to show his brother. He walked over to the desk when everyone left the room.

"Be like you, huh? I act like you for one battle with the Foot and look where it gets me," teased Leo.

"I think you'll thank me for this later. But look at this. Calli changed one little thing on your picture and believe me, when I talked her, she proved one thing to me, she's in love with ya," said Raph as he handed Leo a piece of paper.

Leo looked at the sketch and noticed immediately that the word never had been erased. His heart stopped. He now felt like he was going to have a heart attack. The one and only girl he had ever loved loved him back. His eyes grew wide.

"Pretty sweet, eh Leo? You got the girl's heart. She likes ya," said Raph.

Leo nodded at a loss for words. He couldn't believe that she was now in love with him, the last for her to be in love with but the one who was determined to keep her. He just couldn't believe that she could potentially be his. He handed the drawing back to Raph and smiled.

"Thanks for the idea, Raph. Maybe these two weeks of being down will be worth it after all," said Leo with a small smile.

"You better believe it. Heck, if I could have this treatment, I'd use it to my full advantage. You had better use it too," laughed Raph.

"I think I'll use it to a good extent," laughed Leo.

"Well, you need to rest and I'll catch ya later," said Raph as he started to leave.

"Yeah. See ya, Raph," said Leo.

Leo watched his 'twin' exit the room. He flopped down on his bed. He couldn't believe that Callista was finally going to be his. He was going to make sure that he didn't mess this up.