- Text Size +
Leo awoke that morning feeling great. He thought it was all a dream, that he had told Callista how he had felt about her but realized how it wasn't a dream when he had woken up. There in his arms laid Callista, sound asleep. He smiled and pulled her closer to him. He could care less about what he was going to tell his family.

Suddenly, it hit him. What was he going to tell Master Splinter? He couldn't just tell him the truth, that he hadn't indulged himself since he was a child and he just couldn't help himself. Then again, he couldn't just lie. He was stuck but it didn't really matter to him. He would figure something out only if Master Splinter called him on it.

He looked at her sleeping form for a while. Her eyes were closed with her unmasked face. She never had a mask and he wished to remedy that. Her slender left hand was resting on his plastron He noticed how smooth her skin was compared to his. He just couldn't believe how soft it was to him.

As he pulled her closer to him, she snuggled closer to him for warmth and slowly buried her face in his neck. He loved the feeling. He just couldn't believe that this feeling was his and what he was feeling, not one of his brothers telling him what it was like.

Leo thought for a while again. The question of how would he explain this to Master Splinter popped back into his mind. Slowly his mind started to come up with ways to explain this action. 'How do I explain this? Well, I can always say we were watching a movie and she fell asleep on my bed.wait! I don't have a TV or a VCR in here! How about we were talking and she fell asleep next to me? Yes! That works,' though Leo as he looked at his sleeping love.

He tried his best to resist the urge to kiss her but his self-control failed him. Not even he could resist the power of the sleeping beauty in his arms. Softly, he kissed her forehead.

Callista awoke that morning very refreshed. It had been so long since she had slept so well. She opened her eyes to see she was staring into the eyes of Leo. Again, she buried her face into his neck, showing her unspoken affection. She held him tightly to her, being careful of his wounds.

"Good morning, Callista," said Leo as he again hissed her forehead.

"Good morning, Leonardo," said Callista while still having her face buried in Leo's neck, making her words muffled.

Leo's heart felt like it was fluttering. He finally had what he had always desired. There was nothing that could make that moment more perfect. Well, not quite. A knock on the door had caused Leo to jump. Callista quickly sat up and pull herself onto the chair that she hadn't moved since the night before.

Suddenly, Mikey was standing in the door way. A tray of food for Leo was in his hands. Suddenly his eyes grew wide as he tried to stifle some laughter. He walked in slowly.

"I hope I'm not disturbing anything," said Mikey as he walked towards Leo and Callista.

"No, you didn't disturb anything. Only us talking," answered Leo.

"Sure, bro, you expect me to believe that?" asked Mikey, with an evil grin.

"MIKEY, nothing happened!" said Leo.

Mikey smiled at his brother again. He didn't quite believe his brother. 'Hey, even Leo deserves to be happy no matter what,' thought Mikey as he thought he knew what happened last night after seeing Leo and Callista jump. He laughed to himself before giving Leo his breakfast.

"So, Calli, we missed ya at breakfast. Wanna come and get something? You can tell me all about it then," said Mikey playfully.

"Nothing like what you're thinking happened, Mikey," said Callista with an annoyed tone of voice.

Leo watched as Callista got off the chair and followed Mikey out of the room. He had no doubt what rumors would be circulating around the lair. He also had no doubt that Master Splinter would be up talking to him about the 'events' that never took place. He ate his breakfast slowly.

Suddenly, there was another knock on the door. Leo looked up to see Master Splinter standing in the doorway. His reaction looked neither happy nor angry. Leo couldn't tell what it was that Master Splinter came to talk to but Master Splinter never entered one of their rooms to talk unless he was annoyed or one was injured.

"Leonardo, I wish to speak with you about something," said Master Splinter.

Leo looked up and groaned silently to himself. He knew this was coming. But he just didn't know when. He had actually hoped that Master Splinter wasn't here to talk about that with him at all.

"Yes, Sensei?" asked Leo.

Master Splinter closed the door to Leo's room. He slowly walked over to the chair next to Leo's bed. He watched as Leo's eyes showed complete fear.

"What is wrong, my son?" asked Master Splinter.

"I assume Mike yelled out what he believes happened between me and Callista last night," said Leo.

Master Splinter nodded. He knew what Mikey had come down teasing Callista about but he didn't know whether it was serious or not.

"May I set the records straight?" asked Leo nervously as he looked into his father's eyes.

"Yes, my son," answered Master Splinter.

"First of all, nothing happened last night. We only fell asleep next to each other! That was all, nothing more," said Leo, talking faster than he ever had.

Master Splinter looked into the eyes of his son. He didn't believe Leo would be one to be dishonorable but at the same time he didn't want to put anything past his son. He looked at Leo and squinted. 'Should I go with my gut on this one or should I explain some things to him,' thought Master Splinter to himself.

He didn't really care but what Callista and he had talked about was true. He had spotted a drawing on his desk and stole a glimpse of it. It was obvious that his son only wanted someone to be with and to talk to. He suddenly realized that his son had finally found one who he had wanted. He smiled and placed his hand on Leo's shoulder.

"Leonardo, as much as I hate to say this, I must, you are twenty one years old, I cannot tell you what you may and may not do anymore. I am your sensei and can only tell you what I believe is right. You must choose for yourself if this is what you want. I cannot force anything upon you anymore," said Master Splinter.

Leo looked at Master Splinter dumbfounded as Master Splinter spoke. Leo had never heard these words come from his mouth. He couldn't believe that he was saying this to him!

"Leonardo, I know I had ruined the friendship between you and Raphael. I already regret that. I cannot take back my decision, although, I do not regret my decision. I must allow you to still be happy although you must remember that it cannot get in the way of your training and leadership to your brothers," said Master Splinter.

"Master, please, nothing happened between me and Callista," said Leo, still worried about what Master Splinter was trying to tell him.

"My son, I do not care what you and Callista have done but as long as you both feel the same about each other, I have no quarrel with it. I know she cares for you deeply and as I can see, your art work shows it also," said Master Splinter.

Leo tried his best to keep from blushing. He knew that his sketch had shown how he was feeling but now he was ready to kick himself for leaving that out but then again, it may have been his saving grace.

"It's true, Master, I do love her but she's in danger with me though," said Leo.

"Does your heart really tell you that? Or are you trying to protect her although you know you will be lost without her?" asked Master Splinter.

Leo looked at Master Splinter. He could tell by Master Splinter's look that he was trying to get him to look at what he wanted, not what his brothers or Master Splinter wanted.

"I'm just afraid that she will end up dead and I'll be in a worse state. I do love her and I won't lie to you on that but shouldn't I do what's best for the ones I love?" asked Leo.

"Yes but ask yourself if it's best for you. If she is not happy and you are not happy, then you have done nothing but cause each other sheer misery," said Master Splinter.

Leo nodded. He knew that this was something Master Splinter was right about. He was out of trouble with the Callista sleeping next to him. He was just wondering why Master Splinter was encouraging him to be with Callista. Did he know something that he didn't? Master Splinter cleared his throat, obviously changing the subject.

"Callista did not scream or cry last night," said Master Splinter.

Leo looked at Master Splinter. He was right. Callista's nightmare didn't come last night. Leo let a smile find its way to his lips and he let out a chuckle.

"I see, you noticed it too. I'm sure she enjoyed the sleep. It may be beneficial that you allow her to stay with you just so her nightmares do not return. She needs to sleep. I know she does not sleep much when she has them. I understand you love her but I ask you not to do anything you may regret until our enemy is defeated," said Master Splinter.

Leo couldn't believe what he was hearing. Master Splinter was actually encouraging this also. He watched as Master Splinter got up. He knew practice would start soon.

"I must go, you should rest and remember my words," said Master Splinter.

"I will, Sensei," said Leo.

Leo watched as Master Splinter left the room. He sighed and then put his breakfast, which was finished onto the chair. He laid back down. He was out of trouble but now the question was how would his brother act? 'I wonder how my brothers are going to act, maturely I hope,' thought Leo. His questions were answered when Callista ran into his room and suddenly slammed the door. 'I guess not,' thought Leo.