- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
After this chapter, Truth of a Genius picks up.
It had been two weeks since Leo and Callista had hooked up. Neither of them could have been happier. Callista hadn't told Leo about her past and nor did she intend to unless she had to. She couldn't bear to think of what could possibly happen to Leo if she told him of her past. It hurt her just to think about what it could cause. She kept her mouth shut as she went through the relationship.

Callista continued to sleep with Leo in the same bed to keep her nightmares away. Although Leo would be up and practicing before she even woke up, it didn't seem to matter to her. She was only happy to have him near her to help keep those nightmares away.

Leo started training again. He was more laid back though. Leo was actually starting to tease the others back whenever they teased him. This did surprise the others to a great extent. He still didn't mind the long practices but he did seem to take more breaks from ninjitsu. The nagging had stopped which made the others quite happy.

Callista loved to sit and watch Leo practice. She would get a smile from Leo as he preformed a kata every so often to which she would give a smile in return. She just seemed to love watching Leo and Raph spar in their competitive yet, friendly ways. She never seemed to mind Leo spending so much time training. After all, it wasn't like she had much of a choice.

Michelangelo seemed to be happy Leo was seeing Callista. He never did find out about the kiss. Mikey seemed happy that Leo was happy and that helped him get out of practicing as much when Splinter wasn't around. His sights now settled on the new girl turtle that Donny had brought home.

Donny was now busy patching up the new girl turtle he had found. She was also beaten almost to death and thrown into a dumpster. No one knew where she had come from but from what they were able to gather, she might have gone through the same thing that Callista had gone through. She was still unconscious but she would hopefully recover like Callista did.

Raph still acted like himself, doing the things he always did. He never told anyone where he was going but that was Raph. He didn't need to tell everyone. He just went out and came back as always. He also spent time with his brother which he started getting the joke name from Mikey 'Leo's twin gone wrong.' Raph didn't argue. He thought it fit him perfectly.

Leo and Callista seemed to enjoy cuddling when they could but there never seemed to be time. There was also never peace for the two of them. Whenever they did try to cuddle, Leo was teased mainly by Mikey without mercy. Although Leo was use to it but he still hated it with a passion. Most of the cuddle time for them was when they had the lair to themselves or when Splinter was the only other one in their lair.

"Leo, are you alright?" asked Callista, noticing her love's tenseness.

"Yeah, I'm fine," said Leo.

"You're a horrible liar when I'm leaning on your shoulder," giggled Callista.

Leo chuckled. She was right to an extent. His muscles normally tensed up when he was worried about something. He couldn't deny his leader instincts. They were just too strong for him. He sighed.

"I'm worried about Shredder. If he comes and catches you, it could mean disaster. He's been dormant for too long and I'm afraid he'll strike soon," said Leo.

Callista smiled. She understood his concern. Leo would do anything for her and she knew it. If Shredder had in deed gotten her, Leo could easily be taken over. There was no way around Leo's concern.

"I know. I hope that he doesn't strike anytime soon. I don't need to be upset while Donny patches you up," teased Callista.

Leo laughed. He knew very well what she was talking about. He could still feel the injuries that he had gotten from the elites. He hated them too with a passion. He leaned over to kiss Callista.

"Hey, Leo, stop making out with your girlfriend and get your shell over here! We got problems here," said a voice coming from Leo's shell cell.

"I could have told them that," muttered Leo at the shell cell.

Callista giggled as Leo reached for his shell cell. He shook his head and unfolded the phone.

"What's up?" asked Leo into the phone.

"Leo, we got a Foot problem on first and main!" yelled Raph.

Leo moved the phone away from his ear and gave the phone an annoyed look. He knew Raph was loud but he didn't think he was this loud.

"Okay, I'm on my way," said Leo seriously.

Leo folded the phone up and sighed. He got up off the couch and walked over to his weapons.

"Shredder's attacking?" asked Callista.

"'fraid so. Stay here. I'm going up to help them," said Leo as took his two katana off the rack.

"But what about your injuries?" asked Callista with concern in her voice as she rose to her feet and started to walk over to him.

"I'll be fine. Besides, the guys need me. I promise you, I'll be careful," promised Leo as he walked towards her.

Callista nodded and hugged him. They stayed in their embrace until Leo's shell cell rang again.

"Leo! Where the hell are you?" yelled Raph from the shell cell.

Leo let go of Callista and answered his shell cell.

"I'm on my way," said Leo before he hung up.

He kisses Callista and slowly backed up, letting their hands slide apart straight up in front of them. Then their hands were no longer touching, he turned and ran to the exit to the lair, only turning for a split second to mouth 'I love you' to Callista. He left the lair to help his brothers.

Callista sighed and plopped back onto the couch. She could only hope that he would make it out of the fight okay and would come home to her in one piece.