- Text Size +
Master Splinter sat in his study. It had been a week since the girl turtle was brought home by his eldest son and it seemed like this new presence was for the better. Through the week, he had noticed that Leo and Raph weren't fighting as often, in fact, they were starting to sit around and exchange a few words without a single fight erupting. This had surprised him in many ways. He was far from what he thought was going to happen.

He got up and decided to check on the new turtle. She had not awakened yet. He looked over the female figure. She was healing quickly which was a good sign. She was starting to get some natural color back into her face. He hoped she would awaken soon. He took her hand like he would with any of his son's and rubbed it.

Suddenly, he suddenly felt a bit of pressure surrounding his hand, as if someone was squeezing his hand. He looked down at the female turtle, seeing that she was moving. He placed her hand back at her side and ran over to where his four sons were watching TV.

"Donatello, the girl is awakening," said Master Splinter.

The four turtles jumped to their feet and ran to see the girl. The four young turtle men surrounded her, curiously eyeing her.

Her eyes flittered open, reveling her dark black eyes. She looked around her new surroundings before jumping to her feet, getting ready to run.

"Relax, we're not going to hurt you," said Donny as gently and softly as he could.

She looked at Donny. She had no idea what to think or do. She shyly sat back down on the bed which she had been laid on and looked at the surrounding turtles then to Master Splinter.

"Are you okay?" asked Donny.

The girl turtle nodded in response.

"Where'd ya come from? Heaven?" asked Mikey.

The guys smacked Mikey upside the head while the girl turtle giggled and shrugged. The guys looked at each other then back at the girl.

"OWW!" yelled Mikey as he put a hand to the back of his head.

"What's your name?" asked Leo.

The girl now gave him a questionable look. She never had a name. She shrugged. A name was not something that she had the luxury of having.

"You don't have a name?" asked Leo.

She shook her head again. The guys looked at each other again then to Master Splinter who was giving her a worried look.

"My child, are you able to talk?" asked Master Splinter.

She looked around quickly before reaching for Donny's note pad and pen. She quickly, but neatly began to write what she was wishing to say. Tears began to fall on the note pad as she wrote. Then she handed the message to Master Splinter.

"I have never tried, therefore, I'm afraid I do not know," read Master Splinter out loud to his sons.

"Man, this could be interesting," said Raph as he walked over to the wall and leaned against it.

"My child, do you have a home?" asked Master Splinter, worried for the girl's safety.

She shook her head. She did but it was gone now. She didn't care though. It was an evil place.

"Well, I believe you should remain here with us," said Master Splinter.

She looked at Master Splinter with wide eyes as she looked at the four muscular turtles. Fear was written in her dark black eyes. She was showing all the signs of not liking the idea.

"What is wrong, my child? Are you scared of my sons?" asked Master Splinter.

She nodded wildly. She watched the four guys exchange looks as if they were asking why to each other.

"Aww, come on, Mikey's not gonna hurt ya," said Raph, walking over to Mikey and rubbing his head.

"RAPH!" yelled Mikey.

"None of them shall hurt you. I promise you that," said Master Splinter.

She looked at him and hugged him. As she hugged him, she began to cry softly. Master Splinter hugged her in return, letting her cry for a while. She felt his soft fur in her skin, knowing that he was telling the truth. When she stopped crying, she pulled away from him slowly. She looked back at him.

How could someone hurt such a beautiful and gentle creature, thought Master Splinter to himself. He knew for the safety of everyone, she should stay with them.

"Would you mind staying with us?" asked Master Splinter.

She shook her head.

"Then you will need a name," said Master Splinter.

He thought for a second before looking at his sons for help. He had NEVER named a girl and there were no well known female renaissance painters. The guys looked at each other before they looked at him with a questioning look.

"I know! How about Callisto?" suggested Mikey as he looked at the girl.

"Why are you naming her after a villain on Xena?" asked Donny.

"Well, you know what we say, all the good ones end in 'O,'" said Mikey as a joke.

She gave him an 'it's not bad but not quite' look. She liked a part of it but not completely. She started to spell out the name on a note pad. Then she changed the 'o' to an 'a'. She wrote a message on the note pad and handed it to Master Splinter who took it.

"Callista?" asked Master Splinter.

She smiled at him. She did everything to show she liked the sound of it. There was something about it that made her love the name.

"Very well then, my child, you shall be known as Callista," said Master Splinter.

She smiled. Finally, she had a name and she felt like someone. Her eyes looked at the four turtles and then to Master Splinter. She took the note pad again and wrote another message before handing it back to Master Splinter.

"She wishes to know our names and what to call us. I am Master Splinter," said Master Splinter.

The boys went around and said their names. Her eyes followed each of the voices as she sat up and tried to make herself look as proper as possible. Her eyes stopped at Raph. My, is he hansom, thought Callista as she pretended to pay attention to the last of the group, Leonardo.