- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Hello! Me again with another old story. I admit this one was never posted on here for a reason lol i'm not too fond of it. It falls in my "stories I shouldn't have written" list lol but I felt like I might as well save it somewhere. Just so you know it's written backwards, and doing that is much harder than I ever thought it would be!

I hope you enjoy it! :O)

and if you don't....LIE!

lmao
Tension was mounting in the little hotel room they used as their conference room. It had been a stress filled few days and they all pretty much couldn't stand the site of each other. They usually got like this on their tours. This time around things were no different.

Robin was standing there in the middle of all the boys not quite sure of what to say, but knowing this article was going to make him quite the popular guy! It was everything he had hoped it would be. The tension, the struggles of a band right after superstardom hits. The drama, the fights, the laughter. No laughter now though. The room was thick with silence. He looked from boy to boy taking in their appearance and writing a detailed description of each.

AJ sitting in the corner away from everyone, cigarette in one hand porno mag in the other. Delighting in the disgusted look on the face of his band mate Brian. He wore baggy black pants that appeared to be two sizes to big, and tattoos were showing through the black mesh shirt he wore. His hair dyed green and two hoops in his ears. He was by the far the most attention hungry of this group of unusual people.

He had heard that they were a little odd but to say odd was an understatement. Robin's attention now focused on Howie.

Howie, hair curly and down to his shoulders, sat up straight like a beauty contestant, peering from one boy to the next in anticipation of a voice saying Sorry or guys lets talk. You could tell by his body language and the look in his brown eyes that he was uncomfortable when it got to be like this. His Armani suit giving no indication that behind the professional look of this man there lied a boy band member. He could easily walk down Wall Street and fit in there beautifully.

Unlike Brian.

Brian looked like he belonged in the back of someone's pick up truck. In denim jeans and a plain black tee shirt, he seemed to be the most comfortable in his own skin. He didn't look like a celebrity at all, as a matter of fact, it was very easy to overlook him completely. Except for the newly colored purple hair, he was as normal as normal could be.

Nick on the other hand was impossible not to notice.

His boisterous attitude was infectious. So was his bad case of poison ivy. He was still attractive though, despite the big red blotches all over his arms and face. He was also dressed in jeans but wore a Journey tee shirt. Looking like he just stepped out of the eighties. His long lanky legs took up most of the couch he was sitting on making Kevin have to stand. Kevin probably the most normal, well if you ignore the bit about the lizards, seemed to be ready to call a meeting of some kind.

Kevin stood there towering over all of them in his long black coat. He was a professional in every sense of the word. The man brought in to baby-sit the brood. He was the one in charge. You could tell by how the other's responded to him.

"Guys, I think we should talk" Kevin said stepping into the middle of the room. As Kevin walked by Nick, he stuck out his foot sending Kevin sailing across the room.

"Ha!" Nick said when Kevin landed on AJ's lap. "Oh very mature Nick" Kev said. "God knows what kinds of diseases I'm going to get from him now!"

"Shut the hell up! At least I don't kill lizards for fun"

"Stop with the lizard thing already AJ! We're getting off the topic, like I said we really need to talk"

"Talk then!" AJ scowled.

Okay so maybe they didn't think Kevin was in charge, but HE thought he was in charge. Robin rubbed at his temples he felt another headache coming on, his third one since following the boys.

"Before we go out there and face all the press we should get everything out in the open"

"Yeah that's a great idea Kevin, what did it take you all night to come up with that one?" Brian said.

"Shut the hell up Barney!" While the rest of the boys laughed, Brian addressed Howie, "You think you're funny huh? Well, have fun trying to get the green mouse prints off of your good bathrobe!"

"What did you do jackass?" Howie asked getting all defensive.

"I made little Cecile go for a walk on your good robe! Serves you right for the hair thing!"

"What did you do to my mouse?" Nick asked Brian now he was up out of his seat.

"I made him go for a walk on Howie's nice robe"

"You're such a jerk Brian I'm glad I put that dye in your shampoo! Thanks Nick" Brian turned his attention from Howie to Nick, "Why is he thanking you?"

"Uh...no reason, so about my mouse?"

"Did you give him that idea?"

"No the idea was his not mine" He said pointing to Howie.

"But you helped?" With every accusation Brian was walking closer and closer to the teenager.

"Don't come any closer, poison ivy" He said pointing out his blotches to the angry purple haired man.

"I can't believe my best friend helped set me up! I am wounded!" He screamed.

"Oh please spare us the dramatics Brian, you painted the kid's mouse green to get back at Howie" Kevin pointed out to his cousin.

"You did what?" Now it was Nick's turn to be the accuser.

"Oh please, it's not like I painted the whole mouse. Just his feet!"

Okay scratch the bit about Brian being as normal as normal can be, Robin though as he erased what hew wrote describing Brian previously.

"Brian you are a sick man!" AJ muttered under his breath, never taking his eyes off of the porno magazine.

"See that's what I'm talking about guys, we have to clear the air" Kevin looked over at Robin when he said that. Of all the times for Rolling Stone to decide to follow the band it was now. Rotten timing. "Let's talk...please" He said now sitting on the couch that Nick vacated.

"Fine I'll go first" Brian said, "I don't want to go to this stupid press conference looking like THIS!" He said pointing at his hair. "I think you were incredibly immature for doing that in the first pace Howie. I am shocked and a tad bit disappointed!"

"You're disappointed? You're disappointed?"

"Do I hear an echo in here?"

"SHUT UP NICK!" They both yelled in unison.

"I don't see how you can say your disappointed in me, when it's your own bloody fault!"

"My fault...My fault?"

"Hey there it is again"

"Shut up Nick!" They said again.

"Yes, YOUR fault. You were the one that never told me Ronnie called. That was mean!"

"That wasn't me that was AJ" Brian said, now both boys turned to face AJ, who slowly took his face out of the magazine.

"Oh...um...yeah..about that, Howie Ronnie called"

"AJ, how could you not give me that message? She broke up with me because of that!"

"Sorry I really thought I told you!"

"You knew I was mad at Brian! We even talked about it!"

"No we didn't"

"Yes...we did"

"I'm really sorry D. How can I make it up to you?"

"You can start by paying for my hair to be fixed" Brian added angrily.

"Your hair? What about my mouse?" Nick asked.

"Oh he'll be fine"

"He's GREEN!"

"Give's him character"

"Do you believe this?" Nick asked Robin was watching amused from his seat. Enthralled in the drama like it was a movie. He looked up after leafing through his notes, "So excuse me then Brian but that bit about Howie begin a homosexual is not true then?"

Brian cringed, then turned back towards Howie, "Sorry I was mad" He said.

"You told a Rolling Stone reporter that I was gay? I'm not gay" He said to Robin before turning his gaze back to Brian. "Gay?"

"Sorry man"

"See? Aren't you glad we are getting things out in the open?" Kevin asked happy with his decision for them to talk.

"Okay fine, while we're on the subject of getting things in the open, what do you have to say for yourself?" AJ asked Kevin. He looked behind him wondering who AJ could possibly be talking to. "You know I'm talking to you dumbass"

"God I can't believe you're not over that yet"

"How can I just be over that? You called me special!"

"You were acting special"

"I don't act special, NICK acts special"

"Hey!"

"You came out of the men's room with your hair all soapy and leaves everywhere, what did you want me to say? This is AJ from the Backstreet Boys?"

"That would have been better than saying I was special"

"But AJ, you are special"

"Shut up Nick!"

"So you don't have a learning disability then?" Robin asked AJ once again looking down at his notes.

"No, I don't have a learning disability"

"Sorry okay J? I'm sorry for making the people in that daycare think you were retarded"

"Okay fine"

"Excuse me?" Robin said once again rubbing his temples, "Since this is supposed to be factual, I have to ask. Have you guys told me the truth about anything?"

"We might have exaggerated a little"

"Like how Kevin?"

"Well, for one. Howie is not gay, AJ is not retarded. What else do you got?"

"Um, that before every show AJ stand on his head and prays to a cabbage?" All eyes went to Nick. He looked up innocently, "What?" Then they turned away.

"No, not true" AJ said once again fixing his gaze on Nick.

"Okay fine..what about Nick getting his arm stuck in a revolving door?"

"Unfortunately that did happen" The blonde smiled.

"Robin, we would like to apologize to you, had a little fight before you got here. Things have gone down hill ever since"

"I see that"

"Can we try this again in a month or so?"

"No need I have everything I need for the article"

"But most of it is false"

"Really? Most of it?"

"Not sure..let's just say anything we might have said to you about each other" Robin looked annoyed. But then again no one could really blame him. It had been a long three days. Fun, exciting but LONG.

"Look, what do you guys say? Let's start fresh. All this fighting over nothing is doing us no good"

"You're right Kevin. Come on everybody group hug" They all circled each other in a big group hug. Then they broke and headed out the door.

Robin looked at all the pages of notes he had accumulated since he had joined the group's tour and threw them in the garbage. "Lot's of good these are going to do me" He said to Nick as they walked out of the room.

"I can tell you one of those things that was true. Kevin really killed a lizard"

"Shut up Nick that is so NOT true" Kevin said hitting the blonde on the back of the head. After the boys left a faint sound of a mouse scurrying across the room was heard. A mouse leaving a trail of green paint..