- Text Size +
Brian sat on his bed half playing a video game with Nick and half thinking about the way Howie had treated him after dinner. He was so cold and hateful. Very unlike typical Howie behavior. It irked him and if it's one thing Brian didn't like, it was to be irked.

"Hey Nicky"

"Hm?"

"What do you think is going on with Howie?"

"Hm?"

"Howie! He was being a total ass during dinner. Didn't you notice that?"

"Notice Howie's ass?" Brian went and shut off the game.

"Are you even listening to me?"

"Nope"

"Oh that's real nice Nick. And stop scratching!" He said grabbing Nick's hands and preventing him from itching his poison ivy.

"But I am itchy!"

"You will scar"

"I don't care" Brian got up and looked out his hotel window. He was so high up that the people looked like itty bitty ants.

"I think Howie's jealous" That made Brian turn to face his blotchy friend, "Why would you say that?"

"Because we spend so much time together. It's obvious that he is jealous" Brian rolled his eyes.

"Yeah that MUST be it" Brain said under a smirk.

Nick got up to leave, "Well, I'm gonna fly. Talk to you later gator!"

"Okay have a goodnight" With that being said Nick walked out the door, leaving Brian once again alone with his thoughts.

He picked up the phone, ready to call D and flat out ask him what the problem was but thought better of it. Howie was prone to mood swings. Especially when their schedule was as busy as it was currently. No he would wait it out. But right then and there, HIS phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Hey Brian, it's me" Howie sounding like his mood had only worsened.

"What's up D?"

"I think we should talk"

"Okay...talk I'm listening"

"No. Not here and now. I am too mad at you. I don't want to say something I will regret. Why don't you come to my room at 6 a.m?"

"6 a.m?"

"Yeah" Brian rolled his eyes, "Gosh Howie that is really early in the morning"

"You know what...forget it, if you don't think our friendship is worth an early morning.."

"Jesus, okay. I'll be there" Before he even had a chance to say goodbye, Howie hung up the phone on poor Brian. Leaving him even more confused than before.

Brian sat on his bed, just about ready to give up thinking and call it a night, when he heard Nick's urgent cries coming from the hall.

"No! Get away!!" Brian's pulse quickened, as he darted to the door to help his friend from whoever was bothering him. As he was about to open his door, pounding made him jump back.

"Brian let me in please!!!" Brian flew to the door and grabbed Nick inside. Once sure his little friend was not hurt he stepped back, "What the hell was going on out there. Do we need to call security?"

"Yes" As Nick was about to call security another pounding was heard at Brian's door. "Oh my God!" Brian said as he slowly approached his door.

"Let me in!"

"Kevin?" Brian yelled as he once again flew to the door before the ax murderer or whoever else was apparently after his friends, got to his cousin.

"No Brian don't let him in! He will take Sparky" Brian turned towards Nick again.

"Sparky?" Another round of door knocking ensued, "Dammit let me in Brian I know you are there I hear you talking for God's sakes!"

By now Brian was so confused, that he wanted to just crawl into bed and forget this horrible day even happened, but his cousin's persistent knocking made him change his mind. He opened the door to a very angry Kevin, "Where is he?" He said pushing past Brian and looking for Nick.

Nick was in the process of calling security when Kevin reached over to the phone and hung it up. "What are you doing?"

"Calling security"

"On me?"

"Yes! You are trying to take Sherman away"

"What the hell is he talking about Kevin?"

Kevin looked over at his cousin who was now holding his head. "A mouse"

"A what?"

"My mouse" Nick answered. "I found him today and he is mine"

"Nick that stupid ass mouse.."

"Call him Squeakers"

"Fine..Squeakers, shit all over my bed!"

"Mouse?" Brian said still trying to fully understand what was going on.

"Yes, a mouse. Nick apparently found the thing which for all we know has rabies and decided in a fit of sheer brilliance, to take it in"

"It needed a home"

"Would somebody kill me please?" Brian said plopping on his bed and closing his eyes.

"Kevin, you need to leave my mouse alone. I need him"

"You need a mouse?"

"Sparky"

"You just said his name was Squeakers a minute ago"

"Oh..okay then Squeakers"

"Give me the damn mouse Nick"

"Nope"

That got Brian's attention, "Nick do you have a mouse in here?"

"Nope"

"Okay then where is it?"

"AJ has it" Nick said proudly, like he had just outsmarted everybody.

That made Brian laugh, "Oh you're special friend has it Kevin, he is probably petting it and calling it George"

"Oh good one Brian! You know I just got him over being mad about that and there you go stirring it up again"

"It was funny as hell" Nick said while scratching at his face.

"Stop scratching!" Both the cousins said in unison.

"AJ has the mouse in a safe place. Come on Kevin" Nick walked over to the older man and placed his head on Kevin's shoulder. "I love that mouse and I will take good care of him. I promise. Sparky is in good hands"

"Squeakers"

"Right..Squeakers I mean" Kevin rolled his eyes and walked towards the door in defeat.

"If I catch that thing in my room again.."

"I know, you will kill it like you did that poor lizard"

"I didn't kill any lizard! How many times do I have to tell you that?"

"A gazzilion"

"You are a real smart ass you know that Nick? A real smart ass"

"Is there an echo in here?"

"Funny man..." Kevin then turned to Brian, "He'll being wearing that joke down to the ground"

"I know" Brian agreed.

"Okay, well I am going to bed. But I mean it little man, no rats in my bed"

"It's a mouse and he doesn't want to sleep with you"

"Funny"

"Thanks I try"

After Kevin and Nick exited, Brian sat on the bed. Still holding his head trying to prevent an inevitable headache from coming. God only knew what he would have to deal with first thing in the morning...