- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
In honor of Happily Never After being released online, I figured I'd give y'all a nice long chapter! Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own Lenore, Nikki, security, & story idea. BSB & everyone else owns themselves! Thank-you!
*Lenore as Brian*
After yet another month……

*ring*
Hello?
Hi it’s me, what’s up baby?
I’m sorry, listen, I’m going to be late tonight so
don't stay up and wait for me, okay?

Where are you?

What? What? Say that again?

Hello?!?

You’re really dropping out,
I think my battery must be low.
Listen, if you can hear me,
we’re going to a place nearby, all right?
Gotta go.

After hearing the beginning of The Call, Lenore suddenly got an idea. “Wait a minute, why didn’t I think of this before? Oh, my God! I can’t believe I’ve been so stupid all these months! Like duh! All I gotta do is call home and ask to speak to me and then Brian and I can decide on a place to meet, then try to switch back again!”

She then made a mad dash for a nearby phone. She dialed her number once she finally remembered it and prayed that Brian would answer the phone.

“Hello?” Nikki said.

“Hi. Is Bri…Lenore there?”

“Who may I say is calling?”

“Uh…” Lenore thought it over for a minute, and knowing her sister would never believe it was Brian said, “it’s Chris.”

“Oh, okay,” Nikki answered, then yelled, “Hey, Lenore, it’s Chris Moore!”

“Got it!” Brian yelled, then wondered. “Why the heck would Chris be calling here? Oh, God, please don’t let him ask her out ‘cause I might be forced to say no.”

“Hello?”

“Hey Lenore,” Brian (Lenore) piped up. “What took you so long girl?”

“Uh, was thinking ‘bout things,” Brian answered. “Why’d you call…Chris?”

“Look, Brian, we’re in town later on this week,” Lenore began. “We’re gonna be in Ottawa for a couple days and we really need to switch back.”

“I know whatcha mean, I was afraid that if it was really Chris calling to ask you out or something I’d have to turn him down.”

“Oh, B-rok, just to let you know, Leighanne’s kinda peed off at you right now,” Lenore informed him. “I’m really sorry and all, but there was just no way I was gonna go and do it with a girl my first time around.”

Brian chuckled. “That’s okay, I understand completely.”

“Okay, good. I was kinda worried you were gonna get all mad at me.”

“Why would I do that?” Brian asked. “I know how you feel and I definitely know what you’re going through.”

“Okay, anyhow,” Lenore started, “if I send you concert tickets you can come to the concert, then we can meet at a nearby McDonald’s afterwards, okay?”

“Sounds good to me,” Brian replied. “Why’d you say tickets though?”

“Because there’s no way my mom’s gonna let you go and make Nikki stay home,” Lenore verified. “Trust me, I outta know. Besides, even though I gotta crush on Nick, I think she, my sister of all people, deserves to see the Nickster himself in person instead of just on T.V.”

“Oh, okay,” Brian acknowledged. “You’re gonna be at the Corel Centre, right?”

“Right. Like, hello, you of all people should know that,” Lenore giggled. “You know this frickin’ tour schedule way better than I do. I just basically go wherever the guys and bus go, so...”

“Okay, I get your picture,” Brian laughed. “You manage to learn the dance moves off by heart yet?”

“Nope, not yet,” Lenore responded sheepishly. “I know most of ‘em, but still tend to mess up every so often.”

“Don’t worry ‘bout it, all will be well soon enough,” Brian assured her. “I promise.”

“I sure hope your right Brian,” Lenore sighed. “I’m getting kinda worried that if Leighanne don’t get some of your sweet lovin’ soon she’s gonna divorce you or something and I’m gonna be the cause of it. I really don’t wanna wreck your marriage all ‘cause I ain’t willing to be giving her none.”

“Like I said, don’t worry ‘bout it,” Brian repeated. “I promise, everything will be back to normal by the end of the week. Seriously, you worry too much Lenore.”

“Yeah, well, I don’t think you worry enough B-rok,” Lenore rejoined. She waited a couple seconds, then said, “B-rok? B-rok, are you there? This ain’t funny you know? B-rok?”

“Who are you calling B-rok?” A.J. demanded. “Why are you calling someone else B-rok? That’s your nickname. Oh, and who the heck’s Lenore?”

“Uh…” Lenore trailed off as she turned around. “Guys, I think we seriously need to talk.”

“Start explaining,” Kevin stated. “Now who, or what are you, and what the heck have you done to or with Brian?”

“Look, don’t get all mad at me,” Lenore replicated. “All I did was make one harmless little wish as did he. I never expected to wind up in his body and he sure as heck never expected to wind up in mine.”

“What the heck are you talking about?” Howie interrogated. “What do you mean, ‘you never expected to wind up in his body’?”

“Okay, I’m gonna try to explain this the best way I can,” Lenore said. “Nick, remember back in, like, January you kissed that one fan on the lips?”

“Yeah, but what’s that got to do with any of this?” Nick queried with a puzzled look. “Other than the fact I really need to call her.”

“Remember how she went up to Brian and asked him for a picture, then after the picture he finished signing her stuff and then gave her a hug?”

“Yeah, I remember that, I think,” Nick shrugged. “But what are you getting at?”

“I’m that fan Nick,” Lenore told him. “I was the one you kissed, but when I hugged Brian I made what I thought at the time was a harmless little wish. I wished to know what it was like to be famous and while we were hugging, he wished to know what it was like to be normal again. After we finished hugging, we realized we’d somehow switched bodies. I was him and he was me; we tried to switch back a couple months ago at a concert, but Raul interrupted us and security dragged Brian away. That was the night I screamed out I hated being a Backstreet Boy; it’s also why I keep saying I just wanna go home. I ain’t never been away from home without my family before and when we switched bodies I’d no choice but to leave my family without them even realizing it. Also, we could’ve easily switched back before Raul showed up, but I’d some doubts so it didn’t work ‘cause of me. I’m really sorry for treating y’all like dirt every so often, it’s just that I’m frustrated and miss my old life. I miss my friends, my hamster, my family, and my crush, Chris Moore.”

“Whoa,” Howie gasped. “This really happened?”

“Yes!” Lenore cried. “That’s also why Leighanne hasn’t been able to turn me on and Nick can just by losing his frickin’ pants.”

“Oh my God!” Nick gulped. “You really are that girl, aren’t you?”

“Yes,” Lenore nodded. “It’s me Nick, the one who called you Da Nickster before she left to go over and meet Brian.”

“Wait a minute…” A.J. trailed off. “If you’re a girl then… Oh my God!”

Lenore immediately knew what he was thinking and looked down at her feet. “To answer your question, yes, A.J., I did,” Lenore stated as she began to blush. “I didn’t mean to, but curiosity got the best of me and it was kinda hard not to look when one of you would be standing right there.”

“So, that’s why you kept asking all those stupid questions ‘bout your friend!” A.J. exclaimed. “You asked us ‘cause you honestly didn’t know, right?”

“Right,” Lenore answered. “I was so scared and embarrassed the first time I had to go to the bathroom. To make matters worse, Kevin happened to show up so I couldn’t sneak into the girls’ bathroom and had to go into the men’s with him. That was even more embarrassing and weird, especially after he caught me looking at him.”

“You…you looked?” Nick choked out, before he began to laugh. “Was it like you expected it to be?”

“I dunno,” Lenore retorted beginning to get somewhat mad. “Yours was more of a shock though.”

Nick stopped laughing and looked at her. “You mean…”

Lenore nodded. “Yep; I’ve seen you too. Your own fault for insisting on talking to me ‘bout myself; I wished Brian had have been there then to give you advice, but he wasn’t, so I’d had to do it.”

“Great, just great,” Nick mumbled. “The one fan I actually thought about dating has seen me in the bathroom without my pants on. Jeez, now I feel so stupid ‘bout even thinking about dating a fan in the first place.” Lenore looked at him hurt. “You mean, you don’t like me anymore just ‘cause I switched places with your best bud and have seen you take a whiz?”

“I don’t wanna talk about it,” Nick grumbled. “Matter of fact, I don’t ever wanna see you again.”

“Nick!” Howie cried.

They all watched as Nick stormed out of the room.

Lenore looked at the other guys as her tears began to overflow.

“Well, he won’t have to worry ‘bout seeing me anymore after our concert in Ottawa ‘cause Brian and I are switching back then! I’m glad too; who needs him, he’s just another frickin’ jerk, just like all those other guys at the stupid High School. He wants to be like them and hate me for some stupid reason or even no reason at all, then he can go right ahead and do that then! I ain’t never gonna talk or listen to him again! I can easily skip his parts in songs or even just listen to the ones where he doesn’t sing solo!”

“Bri…I mean, Lenore,” A.J. began as he wrapped her in a hug. “Don’t go getting all mad at Nick, he’s just kinda upset ‘cause he never expected to see you again and if he did, he never expected it to be like this.”

“I know,” Lenore whimpered. “But it hurts that he’s all mad ‘cause I happened to watch him pee. I watched you guys too and y’all ain’t treating me like dirt.”

“Well, that’s ‘cause we’re older and more mature than he is,” Kevin replied. “I know it don’t sound like much of an excuse, but it’s the truth. Although, it’s gonna be kinda embarrassing when we gotta go for a whiz from now on, but, oh, well, we can live with that.”

Lenore smiled a small smile. “Thanks guys. I knew I could count on you.”