- Text Size +
"What do you want me to do with your hair?" 23 year old, Patricia Cabrillo asked.

"Dye it blonde" 20 year old, Jennifer Phillips told her.

"Blonde? Whoa, that's a change."

Looking up at her newly-fresh dyed brunette friend, she said, "Look who's talkin'. I don't know what was going through your head when you decided to dye your hair black. You must have been on something."

"I just needed a change." Trish told her, running a brush through Jen's hair.

"Well, that's exactly what I need. I can't let anyone know who I am. That's the whole point. To live a normal life."

"Jen, you have everything. I don't see why you need to live what you call a normal life." Trish emphasized.

Standing up, Jen looked at herself in the mirror. "Trish, you know why I need to live a normal life."

Jennifer smoothed away a few split ends from the top of her head.

"You can't let what Marcus did to you ruin your life. Move on. Find another man. Oh... Speaking of another man, guess who wants me to follow them around and be their stylist? You will never believe this" Trish exclaimed, with a huge smile upon her face.

Turning around, Jen shrugged her shoulder. "I don't know. Who? Justin Timberlake?" she joked.

"Shit, I wish. I'd give anything to be able to run my fingers through that lock of hair."

"What hair?" Jen joked. "He's bald, Trish."

Throwing a brush towards Jen, Jen ducked. "Shut up. You know what I mean."

"Trish, tell me who wants you to be their stylist."

"Your boy toy."

Widening her eyes, Jennifer gasped. "Nick?"

"Yep. Nick."

"You lucky dog. How'd you manage that?" Jennifer asked, sitting back in the chair.

Trish walked over to Jen and began running her fingers through her hair. "I have no idea. I was chillin' with some of my girls the other night and I got a phone call. I didn't recognize the number, so I wasn't going to answer. You know me. If I don't recognize your number, then I'm not picking up. Thank god, I did. Cuz it was him. I was like whoa," she said, laughing. "He asked if I would be interested and I told him of course."

"How'd he get your number?"

"I have no idea but I'm not worried about that."

"Yeah, I wouldn't either. You do know that you have to hook us up, right?"

Smiling, Trish nodded her head. "Girl, you know I'm going to help you out with that. If I have anything to do with it, I'll have you two married by the time I'm finished with him"

"I hope. That would be a miracle."

"No, what would be a miracle is you getting through a semester at college without anyone knowing who you are."

"I can do it. It's no problem."

"Yeah. We'll see." Trish said, beginning her work to Jen's hair. Jen looked up at Trish.

"I'm going to miss you." she said, sadly. Looking down at her best friend, a tear formed in Trish's eye.

"I know. I'll miss you too. It's all your fault though. If you didn't want to take a break, we could stay together."

Jennifer laughed. "We sound like we're dating."

Laughing, Trish shook her head. "Yeah, I know, but we're almost sisters. We'll phone each day and night."

Reaching down, Trish wrapped her arm around Jen, laying her cheek on top of her head. "I love you, girl."

Bringing her arm up around Trish, Jen said, "I love you too. Dawgs forever?"

Bursting into laughter, Trish said, "Dawgs forever.".

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Jen's Thoughts

How am I going to pull this off? Of course, they'll know who I am. Who doesn't? Oh, you probably don't know what I'm talking about. LOL. My name is Jennifer Marie Phillips. I'm 20 years old. Right now in my life, I am what they call a pop star. I hate that word. I'm just a normal person who happens to be in the media's eye every day and every 24 hours. I love to shop, love to hang with my friends, and love to pig out on junk food. Hope Jordan doesn't read this. Jordan is my manager. He used to be in a band when he was younger. You may have heard of him. Jordan Knight. I actually can't believe he's my manager. I used to be a die-hard New Kids On The Block fan and yes, Jordan was my favorite. He was the one that helped get me signed to Jive Records. He happened to run into Trish, who he went on a date with, which is another story. But anyways, they got to talking and being the angel Trish is, she told him about me. He was interested in managing a band. I know I'm not a band but he agreed to manage me. He's the best. I couldn't ask for a better manager. He's more like a older brother to me. We go out and hang every day of the week. LOL. Anyways, I'm taking a break from the public for a little while. Just to see what it's like to be normal again. Maybe attend a few college classes. But no one can know who I am because that would defeat the purpose. But we'll see how that goes.

Now, let me introduce you to my friends. My bestest friend in the world would be Trish. By the way, is bestest a word? Oh well, it is now. Haha. Trish, a.k.a Patricia Cabrillo, is 23 years old. She's my make-up artist. The best make-up artist in the biz. In my opinion, that is. She has helped me transfer myself from being the little girl everyone refers to me as to a young woman. She has been with me through everything. Pain and happy times. We met when I was 14 and she was 17. I happen to meet her one day on the bus ride to my house. I couldn't find a seat and being the dear she is, she let me sit beside her. How corny is that? LOL Ever since then, she was there.

Then, there's Erik. Some of you may know him. He's from a band called O-Town. Another really good friend to me. We both were there for each other. He was with me when I found out that I was signed. I was there for him when he found out he would be in the final five. I love him to death. Trish makes fun of me by saying you can't have a best guy friend without having feelings for them. I tell her she's wrong. I mean, eww. It's Erik. No way do I have feelings for him. He's gross. LOL. I mean, look at him. Ok. Maybe he is cute. Ok. He's gorgeous. But, no. I love him as a friend. I don't have many of them and I want to keep him near. Is that hard for everyone to understand?


Trish's Thoughts

I really do not see how Jen is going to pull this off. I mean, she is huge. Well, when it comes to popularity. I love the girl. And not to sound all lesbo or anything but she's my girl. We've been friends forever and I'm glad I met her. She's the sweetest thing on earth. Sometimes a little too sweet. I think that's why she's been betrayed so much. She's needs to gain a thicker skin. People walk over all the time. She'll learn I'm sure.

Man, Nick Carter of all people asked me to be his stylist. I mean, me. Can you believe that? I know Jen's glad. She's had a crush on him ever since she was 13. I'm going to get the two together. That's my goal. My dying wish. LOL. If it wasn't for the fact that the boy isn't my type I'd try to get with him. Don't get me wrong. He's hot but I'm not all for the pretty boy kind. But we'll see. Well, kiddies hang on cuz you're in for a very bumpy ride. See you at the end.