- Text Size +
Jennifer opened the door, excitedly. Seeing her best friend in front of her, she threw her arms around him. "Erik, where have you been? How'd you know I was going to this college anyways?" she asked, all at once. Laughing, he pulled away, looking her over.

"I called your sister. She filled me in." he said, smiling. "You know ,since I never hear from you anymore."

Grabbing his hand, she pulled him further into the room. "Here. Come in. Let me introduce you to my roommate."

"Ok." Erik said, walking with her.

"Olivia, this is my friend, Erik. Erik, this is Olivia." she told them, introducing the two. Erik's eyes lightened up at the mere site of Olivia. In his mind, she was the mere image of beauty.

"It's nice meeting you." he told her, taking her hand, kissing the top lightly.

"Wait a minute. I know you." Olive told him, looking him up and down. "Are you from that boy band O-Town?" Olivia asked.

"Wow. You know your boy bands." he said, as he felt an elbow hit his side.

"Damn, girl. What?" he yelled, rubbing his side, as he looked over at Jennifer.

"Nothing." she said, turning around and walking to her bed.

"So, how did you two meet?" Olivia asked, as Erik sat down on a chair.

"We met through some friends. One of my girlfriends is a make up artist and she introduced the two of us." Jennifer tried to cover up. Laying down on her bed, she heard her cellphone ring again.

"Damnit. The last time I picked up the phone they hung up on me."

Reaching his hand out, Erik said, "Here. Let me have the phone. I'll tell them."

"No. I have it." Opening the case, she placed the phone to her ear.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Man, don't do it." Nick yelled, grabbing the phone from Trish's hand.

"Boy, give that back to me." Trish yelled, as Nick began running down the hallway. "I'm going to get you."

"Not if I'm faster than you." he yelled back, running through an open door down another hallway.

"Aww, is poor little Nicky scared of little ol' Jennifer Phillips?" Trish cooed after him.

Stopping midway, he turned and faced her as Trish ran into him.

"Damn, boy. You could have warned me." she said, looking up at him. "You sure is tall."

Saying nothing, Nick picked her up and threw her over his shoulder.

"What are you doing? Let me down, you freak" she yelled, as she pounded on his back.

"Ow. Stop that." he said, as he proceeded down the hall. Opening one of the side doors, he walked inside and placed her on the couch.

"Now you stay in here and be a good girl." he told her and he walked out the room, locking the door.

Trish ran to the door and turned the knob. "Punk-ass" she said to herself. "He fuckin' locked the door."

She began to pound on the door while screaming for help.

Nick looked at the door and smiled. With the phone in hand, he began down the hall, pressing redial.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Hello?" Jennifer said.

"Yeah. Can I speak to Jennifer Phillips?" she heard on the other end.

"Um...this is she." she said, confused.

"Hi. This is Nick. Trish gave me your number and I thought I would call you."

"Nick?" she asked, dumb-founded.

"Nick Carter" he told her.

"Oh. Nick, I'm sorry. I had a brainfart. I'm sorry." she told him, laughing. Erik looked over at Olivia, who was intent at looking at Jennifer to see what was going on.

"Oh, no. That's ok. I kind of called at an akward time." he said, laughing himself. "Well, anyways. I won't keep you long but I was wondering if maybe you wanted to chill sometime."

Jennifer's cheeks began to form a burning sensation and her mouth formed a smile. Erik noticed her hand begin to tremble and he was very curious as to what was going on.

"Um...yeah. We can chill sometime. That would be fine with me." she told him, noticing her voice begin to change with nervousness.

"Phat" he said. "How about tonight?" he asked. "Trish told me you don't live too far from her. I could come pick you up."

Looking around the room at Olivia and Erik, she said, "Actually, if you tell me where I'll meet you there."

"Meet me at Marion's. Do you know where that is?"

"Yeah, I know that place. Me and Trish go there all the time. I'll meet you there. What time?"

"How about 9?. Is that ok?" he asked.

Smiling, Jennifer said, "Yeah, that will be great. I guess, I'll see you then."

"Yep. See you then. Bye"

"Bye" she told him, shutting her phone with a smile on her face.

"Who was that?" Erik asked in an annoyance tone.

"Nick"

"Nick who?" Olivia asked, sitting down on Jen's bed.

"Is it who I think it is?" Erik asked, scratching his slightly bald head.

Jennifer nodded her head while smiling.

"Tell me someone. This is killing me." Olivia protested.

Laying back in her bed, Jennifer sighed as her heart began to slow down.

"Nick Carter" Erik told her.

"Nick Carter called you?" Olivia asked, confused. "Nu-uh. I don't believe you. There's no way he would ever consider dating someone that's not famous. Guys like him date the girls in the magazines."

Erik began to choke. Picking up her pillow, Jennifer threw it at him.

"I know Erik and he's famous." Jennifer pointed out.

"Well, he's from O-Town. They're not all that famous. No big deal. Plus they're not a band anymore. They don't count."

"You know what? Fuck you, Olivia. We are still a band and I am famous." he exclaimed, changing his opinion on Olivia.

"Whatever, bro" she said, putting her hand up in the air.

"Olivia, I'm going to tell you something but you have got to promise that you are not going to let it leave this room. This has got to stay a secret between the two of us." Jennifer told her, putting her hand out.

Shaking her hand, Olivia smiled. "Yeah, I promise. Whatever is said in this room, stays in this room."

"Ok, then." Standing up, Jennifer walked over to one of her suitcases and grabbed a magazine. Throwing the book onto the bed, she asked, "does the girl on the cover look familiar to you?"

"Of course. That's Jennifer Phillips. Her music is tight" Olivia said, bragging.

"Well since we have that established, do you see anything else, airhead?" Erik asked, smartly.

"Shut up, baldy." Looking down at the book, she shook her head. "I honestly don't know what you're talking about. What are you trying to tell me Stacy?"

Holding the magazine up to her face, she said, "Now?"

Looking between the two, Olivia's mouth formed a little O as she gasped. "Oh my potty mouth, it's you. You're Jennifer Phillips. DAMN!!!" she yelled.

"Shhh. You can't tell anyone. It's our secret." Jennifer told her.

"But why are you here? I mean, here at CU. You're bound to get caught."

"Well, you didn't know it was me."

"I really wasn't paying attention. With time, I would have figured it out." Olivia said.

"Yeah whatever." Jennifer told her, laughing.

"So, why are you here?"

"I needed a break from the media. I was tired of all the paparazzi and flashes. I was done with my tour and I was done with making albums for right now. So they finally decided to give me a break. I figured since I have time on my hands, I should get some schooling in. I never really got a chance to go to school."

"Why do you need education? You have your career."

Running her hand through her hair, Jennifer shook her head. "Yeah, but what happens if I crash and burn. I won't have anything to fall back on."

"True, but you could always just find an old geezer and mooch off him. That's what Anna Nicole did."

"Eww, gross. That's not my style, girl." Jennifer said, laughing. Olivia bursted into laughter as well, falling back onto Jennifer's bed.

"Girl, I have a feeling this is going to be one kick ass year."

"You got that right" Jennifer said, falling back as well with her head beside Olivia's. The two girls began laughing hysterically.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hearing a voice down the hall, he began toward it. "Hello?" he yelled.

"Is someone there?" Trish yelled.

"Yeah, where are you?" he asked.

"That little prick locked me in here." she yelled through the door. Grabbing his keys from his pocked, he unlocked the door.

As the door opened, Trish looked at the figure before her and swore underneath her breath.

"Is that really you? Or is this darkness playing games with me?"

"No, it's me. Or at least I think it's me."

"Man, I can't believe this. AJ McLean is before me." she said, more to herself than anyone else.

"No big deal, but what I would like to know is why you were locked in here in the first place?" he asked, walking past her into the room.

Sitting down on the sofa, he watched as she sat down beside him.

"That little blonde-headed punk kidnapped me and threw me in here. Wait until I get the bitch. He'll wish he never met me." she mumbled.

Laughing, AJ asked, "Why'd he put you in here? Did you do something to him?"

"Well, he asked about my friend Jen and then, I was going to call her and ask her out for him but he grabbed the phone. I chased after him and then, he locked me in this room."

AJ shook his head and began to laugh lightly. "Do you find that humorous?" Trish asked, offended.

"Actually yes I do." he told her, standing up. "You'll learn around here. Nick does things like that all the time. It just shows that he likes you." he told her, smiling.

Looking at AJ, she smiled. "Yeah, I guess, but he'll get payback."

"Well, I gotta get going. I have somewhere I have to be but it was good meeting you. I'm sure we'll meet again." he laughed. Standing up, Trish walked over to him. Extending her hand, they shook.

"Good meeting you. By the way, you're a hottie." she told him, laughing.

"I know. That's what everyone says." he joked. Trish slapped his chest. "Aren't you conceited."

"Yep, that I am." Turning, he walked away.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Jennifer's Thoughts

Man, I can't believe how my life is turning out. Nick Carter of the Backstreet Boys called me and asked me to chill with him. I mean, me. Little ol' me. Can you believe that? What am I going to wear? Man, I need Trish right now. She'll probably help get Nick ready. Who am I going to get? I can't do it myself. That's just uncalled for. LOL. I'm a diva. None the less. I shouldn't have to do it myself. Yeah right. Who am I fooling? It's me. A diva? Ha! I just can't believe that I will be hanging out with Nick tonight. This is like my dream. Ever since I was 15, I fell in love with that boy. Trish always said I was little strange but one day I sat down and watched him on Rosie O'Donnell, I think it was. Something steered within me and I knew right then and there that he was the one I would be with. I guess we'll have to wait and see. Hopefully sparks will fly. We'll see. LOL.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Trish's Thoughts

That boy is going down. I mean it. By the end of this tour, he will be dead. He locked me in a room. How could he? Does he know who I am? I am Trish, the almighty. LOL. The sex symbol. HaHaHa. I now know what Jen was talking about when she proclaimed he was the hottest man alive. He's cute. But he has that puppy dog face. Nothing serious to him. Now AJ. He's another story. That man will be mine. Jen can have Nick and I will have AJ. I think Jen told me he had a girlfriend. Some girl by the name of Sarah but who knows. I don't care. There is no ring on his finger. Until there is I am going to pursue him. Man, he shaved his goatee off. I just wanted to grab his face and suck every ounce of life out of those lips. That sounds obsessive. LOL. Oh well. He will be mine. That I know.