- Text Size +

"How does this look?" Jennifer asked Olivia, modeling in front of her full length mirror.

"You look hot" Olivia told her, laughing. "I like it."

"I need to look hot for tonight. I mean, can you believe that I'm meeting up with Nick Carter?"

Bringing her mascara stick up to her eyelashes, Olivia said, "Haven't you met him before? I mean, don't you celebrities run into each other all the time. I thought all of you would end up in the same spots every night."

Shaking her head, Jennifer squirted gel into her hand. "Hell nah. If we did, don't you think we would be together right now." she joked.

The sound of a knock broke the two girls' conversation.

"Who is that?" Jennifer asked, confused.

"I don't know but I'm going to answer it." Olivia said, standing from her chair and walking toward the door.

Jennifer ran her fingers through her hair, placing each piece of hair where it should be. "Why can't I ever get my hair to do what I want it to?" she said to herself.

"Hi. Is this Stacy Martin's room?"

Turning around, Jennifer's eyes came upon a pair of familiar blue ones. Smiling, Jennifer ran toward them.

"Oh my god, Trish? What are you doing here?" she asked, excitedly.

"Nick told me all about your little date tonight. I thought maybe you needed help getting ready." she said, extending her arms out. Jennifer hugged her.

"Tell me all about him. What is he like? Is he hotter in person?"

"Girl, I have so much to tell you. But first let's get you ready." Trish told her, looking her over.

"Before we do that, Trish, this is my roommate Olivia. Olivia, this is my best friend, Trish Cabrillo. She's my stylist for everything." Jennifer told her, introducing the two.

Shaking her hand, Olivia said, "It's nice to meet you."

"Same to you" Trish told her, smiling.

"Trish, you look da bomb." Jen said, looking her over. Trish had a pair of brown dress pants with a matching vest. A tiny pair of gloves fit her hands and a pink hat topped her head.

With a confused face, Trish laughed. "Da bomb? Are we still in 3rd grade?"

"Oh, shut up. Like you don't use lame phrases too." Jennifer told her.

"Just sit down" Trish said, grabbing Jennifer's familiar make-up bag. "So, what are you going for tonight? Cute and innocent? Mysterious? Hot damn style?" Trish laughed.

"Hmm...I definitely don't want cute and innocent. We don't want him looking at me like some kid. Let's do Hot Damn Style."

"Okie dokie. Let's see what we can do." Trish told her beginning her work.

"Erik stopped by" Jen told her.

"You mean, he's already showed his bald head here. That boy can't go anywhere without you."

"Be nice. He'll be back anytime now. He just went out to get himself something to eat."

"Great. I knew I should have met you at the club."

"Just get along with him for one night." Jen said, looking up at her.

Running the sponge across Jennifer's chin, Trish said, "He's not my friend, therefore I don't have to be nice. He's never nice to me."

"Give me one good reason why you don't like him. Wait don't answer that." she said, as the door opened.

"Don't you knock?" Trish yelled, watching as Erik walked through the door.

"Man, you're here. I thought this campus was whore free."

Trish picked up one of Jen's brushes and threw it at him. Erik ducked as it crashed on the floor.

"You missed, hoe."

"You little shit, you best shut your mouth." Trish told him, raising her eyebrows as a warning.

Walking over to Jen, he bent over to hug her and placed a light kiss on her cheek.

"I got you a Chicken Teriyaki Sub" he told her. Looking over at Olivia, he said, "I didn't know what you liked, so I got you a ham sub. Is that ok?"

Smiling, she said, "Yeah that's fine. Thank you. You didn't have to do that."

"Well, that's what I do." he said, laughing, as he placed the bag on the desk. Looking at Trish, he said, "I think there are some scraps out at the dumpster. I left them there for you."

"Aww, thanks, Erik. You really didn't have to do that." she said, sarcastically.

"Erik, be nice." Jen said, looking behind her.

Sitting down on Jen's bed, he unwrapped his sub.

"You're eyes are dark." Trish said, laughing.

"Don't make her look like a hoe" Erik told her. "I'm sure Nick has taste unlike the guys you date."

"Jen, you have no idea how hard it is trying to control my anger." Trish said, looking down at her.

"I know. Just cool it. We're leaving soon."

The phone rang and Olivia answered it. "Hello? Yeah, hold on."

Holding the phone up, Olivia said, "It's CJ. Who is CJ?"

"That's what I would like to know." Trish laughed.

"Shit" Jennifer said, standing up. "I was supposed to go to a party tonight with him. What do I do?"

"Just play sick." Trish told her.

"No, don't do that. It never works." Erik told her, with his mouth full

"Sure it does, but Jen, it's your call" Olivia told her.

Walking over to the phone, she placed it to her ear. "This is Stacy." she stated.

"Hey, Stacy. I wanted to give you and call to let you know that I'm going to be a little late tonight." he told her. "I didn't want you to think that I stood you up or anything."

Not knowing what else to say, Jen said, "Oh, that's ok. Thanks for calling but I'm not going to be able to make it. My mother just called earlier and told me that my dog died."

Erik choked out a laugh as Olivia hushed him.

"Your dog died? I'm so sorry." he said, sympathetically.

"Thank you. It's really rough right now." she told him, faking sadness. "Maybe some other time. When it doesn't hurt so bad."

Erik brought a pillow up to his face, burying his laughter.

"Yeah. Some other time." he told her. "Well, I'll let you go. Talk to you later."

They hung up and everyone in the room laughed.

"What?" Jennifer asked.

"Your dog died, Jen? You don't even have a dog." Trish pointed out.

"He doesn't know that and plus I didn't know what else to say."

"Jen, get over here. Let's get you ready." Trish demanded, beginning the rest of her work on Jen.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The group of friends walked into the club, laughing.

"I can't believe the bouncer didn't know who I am" Erik yelled over the music.

Pushing him lightly, Olivia said, "Get over it. You're not all that well-known."

Grabbing her hand, he pulled her away from the group. "Let's see what kind of moves you have." he said.

Laughing, she followed him into the crowd.

Looking at Trish, Jennifer asked, "Do you think those two will hook up?"

"Probably, but I feel sorry for the girl. Erik is nasty."

Jennifer laughed. "Cool it for one night, Trish. I wonder where Nick is."

Looking around, Trish spotted him. Nudging Jennifer in the arm. She pointed up towards a balcony and Jennifer's gaze followed. Nick was standing with his back towards them.

Jennifer's heart quickened and her gut instinct was to turn and run. Trish looked over at her best friend and notice her face turn white.

"What's wrong?" Trish asked, concerned.

"Trish, I can't go up there. I feel like I'm going to be sick." she said, turning toward the opposite direction towards the bathroom. Trish grabbed her arm.

"Jen, you can do this. It's just Nick. Just another guy."

"Yeah, it's ok for you. You don't like him. He's everything to me."

"Jen, get over it. Go up there. He asked you here. You know he likes you or he wouldn't have asked." she yelled.

"You're coming with me." Jen said, grabbing Trish's hand, as they guided their way through the crowd.

Approaching the stairs, Jen stopped.

"Wait, Trish Do I look ok?" she asked, looking at Trish, smoothing some wrinkles in her shirt.

"Jen, you're gorgeous. Now get up there. I'll follow."

"Uh no. You're leading." Jen said, pushing her in front of her. Trish couldn't do anything but laugh, as she made her way up the stairway.

Jennifer's heart began beating faster and faster each step she went. It almost felt as if it would fall out at anytime. Her hand was sweating and trembling at the same time. She kept wiping it on her jeans, so in case Nick shook her hand he wouldn't be grossed out. They were almost on the last step when a snap was sound. Jennifer fell forward bringing Trish with her.

"Ow." Jennifer said, grabbing her ankle.

"Are you ok?" she heard all around her. Waving everyone off, Jennifer stood up, as Trish did the same.

"What happened?" Trish asked, smoothing her pants.

"I fell"

"I guess so. I did the same as you pulled me with you." Trish told her. Looking down, Jennifer groaned.

"Damnit." she said, raising her foot. "I broke my heel. These were my favorite shoes too." she whined.

"Should be more careful." Trish stated.

"Shut up. Whoever heard of holes in a stairs."

"Whoever heard of wearing high heels to a club. You can't dance in those things."

"Well, I'm not dancing anyways. I don't dance. Man, what am I going to do? I'm lopsided." she said, putting her foot down.

"Break the other heel." Taking her shoe off, she grasped the heel. Pulling as hard as she could, she tried to break the heel.

"It's not working." Jennifer said, struggling with her shoe.

"Here. Let me see it." Trish told her, grabbing the shoe from her hand.

"These are cute shoes. Where'd you get them?"

"Gucci or Armani or something like that."

Breaking the heel, she handed it back to her. Jennifer placed the shoe back on. "Now, I look short."

"Yeah you do." Trish joked, waving a hand over Jennifer's head.

"Just walk, Trish."

They walked up behind Nick as Trish pulled him into a headlock.

"Hey. Who is this?" Nick yelled. Trish released him as he looked at her. "Hey, girl. I didn't know you were coming tonight."

"Jen made me" she said, looking at Jen. Nick looked at the girl beside Trish.

"Well, hello" he said, sweetly as he extended his hand. Jennifer brought her trembling hand up to his and shook his hand.

"Hi" she mumbled.

Trish stepped on Jennifer's foot.

"Well, I'll let you two get to know each other." Trish said, turning and walking away before Jennifer could say anything.

"So, we finally meet." Nick said, laughing lightly.

"Yep." was all that she said.

"Hey, let's go over here." he told her, taking her hand. A gasp left Jennifer's mouth as his hand connected with her's.

Jennifer's cheeks turned to red. "Are you ok?" he asked.

Shaking out of her trance, she said, "Yeah I'm fine. Just a little nervous, but let's go."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Trish moved her way through the crowd, shaking her booty on anything near. Feeling a hand on her arm, she turned around and came in contact with a pair of brown eyes.

Laughing, she said, "You again."

"Yep. I thought I would come down here and show some support for my boy." AJ told her. "So, have they met yet?"

"Yeah. Jen freaked out."

"Nick freaked out before he got here. He almost called her back to let her know he wouldn't make it."

"I'm glad he didn't. Jennifer would have been devastated."

"I know. That's why I convinced him not to." A pause entered their conversation. They both noticed they weren't dancing anymore.

"So, do you want to dance or would you like to go somewhere and talk?" AJ asked, bringing his hand to hers. Feeling a few butterflies enter her stomach, she smiled.

"Whatever you want to do. I'm game for anything." she said.

Tugging her hand, he said, "Let's get out of here." Trish followed him out of the club.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Bringing her arm up behind her and around Erik's neck, Olivia grinded her booty into Erik's lower half. Hearing him moan lightly, she smiled.

He placed his hands on the small of her waist, bringing it around to rub her stomach lightly.

Lowering his lips to her ear, he whispered, "Do you want to get out of here?"

Without a word, she turned and grabbed his hand, leading him out of the club. Walking towards the car, he grabbed her pushing her against the car. Standing in front of her, he looked down at her. Bringing her hand up to his face, she pulled him down to her. His lips crushed hers as his hand ran through her hair.

Olivia backed her head away from his. "Wanna go in there?" she asked, motioning towards the car.

Smiling, he nodded his head. "You are so beautiful." he told her, as she pulled him into the car.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"So, you and Marcus Leonard broke up?" Nick asked, taking a sip from his glass.

"Yeah, that would be correct." Jennifer said, sadly.

"I'm sorry. I don't want to bring up anything."

"No. That's ok. He was a jerk anyways. He was so lazy when it came to our relationship. He never wanted to go out and hang. We were continuously staying in and that caused loads of fights between us." she told him.

"How long were you two together?"

"A week from four months."

Nodding his head, he said, "Well, he wasn't worth it. Yeah, you should stay at home but there is always time to go out and have fun."

Laughing, Jennifer said, "Exactly. I mean, don't get me wrong. I like staying in every now and then, but you have to go out sometimes."

"You'll find your match. Someone who will love taking you out and staying at home. Until then, how about another drink?" he asked.

Jennifer smiled. "I'd love another drink."

"I'll be back" he told her, standing up. Jennifer nodded. She looked around the club and didn't recognize anyone.

"Where is everyone?" Jennifer thought to herself.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Now, see this is a little more quiet." AJ told Trish, as he pulled out her chair.

"I don't think I've ever been to this place." she told him, crossing her legs. Looking down to the menu, she ran her finger down each row.

"I come here all the time. Sometimes just to think. The food is really good."

"Yeah, everything looks great." she said, as a waiter came to the table.

"How are you folks doing tonight?"

"We're good." AJ said, smiling.

"What can I get you to drink this evening?"

"Give me a Coke" he told him.

"I'll take a lemonade." Trish said. Turning, the waiter walked away.

"So, you're Jen's stylist. You do such a great job on her. She always looks so great."

"Well, I'm not totally the blame. I mean, Jen has style and sometimes we argue over her fashion sense. The girl can dress." Trish told him.

"Yeah she can but so can you." he told her, looking her over. Trish looked down at the table, shyly.

"I try my best. What can I say? That's the reason why I got into this business. I love fashion. I love make-up. I love looking good. Thankfully this job allowed me and Jen to stay near each other, so we could stay best friends."

"You two are close."

"Jen's my girl. I honestly don't know what I would do without her. She's gotten me through some hard times. That's for sure."

"How long have you two known each other?"

"Since Junior High."

"Damn, that's a long time."

Trish nodded as the waiter came back with their drinks. Placing the drinks in front of the two, the waiter asked, "So, have you two decided on what you would like this evening?"

"Yes, I think we have. I'll have this" he told the waiter, pointing to the picture of the steak.

"And you miss?"

"I'll have the Chicken Tenders."

"Ok. I'll be back with your orders."

Taking a sip of her drink, Trish said, "So, tell me, AJ. Why aren't you still with Sarah?" Trish took a sip from her glass.

AJ choked a little on his drink at the mention of Sarah's name. "Um...we broke up."

"Oh, I'm sorry. Is that a good thing or a bad thing?"

"A good and bad thing. I mean, I love her but we were just going in two different directions. She's an aspiring singer and I'm not sure where I'm at. We just needed to lead other paths."

"But you're still friends, right?"

"Oh yeah. We still talk and things."

"It's probably for the best. Sometimes two people are better as friends than lovers."

AJ nodded his head.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"So, do you want to get out of here?" Nick asked, motioning towards the entrance.

"If that's what you want." she told him, giggling a little. She had had a little too much to drink and she knew it.

"How about I help you get home?" he asked, smiling.

Jennifer didn't say anything. Nick took Jennifer's hand and helped her up out of her seat.

"Let's get you home. Where do you call home? I think Trish mentioned CU, right?"

Jennifer stood up and felt the world spin from underneath her. Instantly, she grabbed the table.

"Nick, make the room stop spinning." she said, feeling a little nervous in her stomach. They made their way down the stairs and towards the entrance.

Walking out of the club, they came in contact with tons of people. Flashes of lights surrounded the couple, as Nick tried to push past them.

"Nick, is that you?" some screamed.

"Oh my god! Is that Jennifer Phillips?" others said. Pulling her towards him, he helped her to the car while shielding the two from the crowd.

Opening the door, he guided her into his SUV.

"Watch your head." he said, as she smacked her head on the roof.

"Ow." she said, bringing her hand to her head.

"I said watch your head. Are you ok?" he asked.

"Yeah, I think. I just don't feel good." Jennifer told him, placing her hand on her stomach. Nick said nothing but shut the door, running to the driver side. Getting into the car, he began for the college.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Walking up to the door, AJ turned to Trish. "I'm glad you came tonight. I really had a great time."

"Yeah, me too. We should do it again."

"Yeah we should. Um...can I have your number?" he asked. Smiling, Trish retrieved some paper from her purse. Grabbing a napkin and a pen, she wrote her digits.

"Don't worry. It's clean." she told him, seeing his expression.

"I was kidding." he told her, touching her hand. Looking down at it, Trish stepped closer.

"I really did have a good time tonight. Please tell me this won't be the last time." she whispered.

"It won't. I promise. " he said, as he placed a light kiss on her lips.

The feel of his lips felt so perfect against Trish's. She grabbed a hold of the wall because she thought for sure she would lose her balance if she didn't.

"Man, I don't know what happened there." she said, feeling embarrassed.

"Did your knees get weak?" he asked. Trish nodded her head.

"Yeah, they did."

"Mine too. We should do this again." he said, bringing his hand to cup her cheek. Leaning down, he claimed Trish's lips once again.

Trish backed away from the kiss and smiled, shyly. Looking toward the door, she asked, "Do you want to come in?"

Looking up at the house, he shook his head. "I think I better go. If I walk into that house, we both know what will happen and I don't want this to be a one time thing."

Turning, he walked away. "I'll call you."

Trish nodded and turned, entering the house.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Pulling up to the front of the campus, Nick got out of the SUV, running to Jen's side. He helped her out of the car.

Taking his hand, Jen led him into the dorm up to her room.

"This is my room." she said, as they stopped in front of the room.

"Not bad. I guess I'm going to go now." he said, turning. She grabbed his arm.

"Don't go. Come inside."

"I better go. Wouldn't want any fans seeing me?" he laughed.

"True. Ok. You go. It was good chilling with you."

"Same to you." he said, bending down to kiss her cheek. "Give me your number and we'll do this again." Reaching for a piece of paper and pen, she wrote her number down. "Here you go and you better call."

"I will." he told her, shoving the number into his pocket. Turning, he walked away and Jennifer went into her room.