- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey everyone. This is my Zac Efron fic. I really like this story and I hope everyone will too. Plz R&R, even if you don't care for Zac. Thanks.



“I so cannot believe you would do this to me,” she yelled staring him straight in the eye. She wanted him to know just how bad she was hurting with his recent actions. Her chest was rising and falling hard as she fought back the tears that wanted to pour from her blue-grey eyes.

“I’m sorry Kali… but, well… you’re just a kid,” he said taking his gaze away from hers as he stared at the wall behind her head. Kalina’s jaw dropped at what her so-called ‘best friend’ had just said. She really could not believe that he just had called her a kid. I mean, so what if she was only in 9th grade. Most of the time she was more mature then him and his friends. The nerve of him right?

“So that’s how you really feel about me huh Zac?” she said softly looking down at the floor as she tried to laugh it off. A few of her agonized chuckles came out as sobs as tears ran from her eyes. She rubbed the tears out of her eyes and fixed her hair so that it was in her face. When she looked up at him he was still staring at the wall behind her and he was chewing on his tongue. “I asked you a question Zachary!” she exclaimed waving her hand in front of his face. He lowered his head, closed his eyes and swallowed hard as he slowly nodded his head. “Fuck you Zachary David Alexander Efron,” she yelled shoving him before stomping off up the stairs.

Zac lifted his head and restarted chewing on his tongue. He didn’t want to register what just happened. He didn’t want to think about how much he just hurt his best friend by telling her why he wasn’t hanging out with her much anymore. This ended up being because he was now dating her sister and spending all his extra time with her. His mind started to wander about how he could have gone about giving Kali the news differently. Instantly he was brought back by Kalina screaming at the top of her lungs.

“Whoa, what the hell is her problem?” Rachel laughed entering the kitchen where Zac was. She went right over to him, stood on her tip toes and gave him a small peck on the lips. “I mean seriously, all I did was say ‘HI’ to her and she screamed,” Rachel continued to laugh as she hugged him. His hands lay gently on her hips as she hugged his stomach. To most of the guys in their grade he wasn’t that tall, about 5’7”, but to Rachel, who stood a mere 5’1” he was too tall to hug or kiss properly.

“Us,” he said out of the blue as he licked his lips. Rachel raised her eyebrow at him as she stared up into his eyes. “When you came in you wanted to know what Kali’s problem was,” he started to clarify. Rachel looked at him as if he was crazy. He sucked in a breath before continuing. “It’s us she has a problem with, well, mostly me because of all the time I’ve been spending with you this past week. I really haven’t hung out with her for the last week and a half. So she’s pissed off at me.”

“Well that’s her problem! I’m your girlfriend -- so, ya know, I would hope that you’d be spending more time with me then her,” she said touching the side of his face. He leaned down and kissed her fully before speaking again.

“I know you’re my girlfriend baby, but, Kali’s been my best friend for over a year. There really hasn’t been a week that I haven’t spoken with her,” he frowned; he really did hate fighting with Kali. She was really the only person he knew he could confide in and not turn him away, even when things were going downhill.

“Baby,” Rachel questioned trying to get his attention when he didn’t answer her question. “Zachary!” she said louder, but it just seemed to go right over his head, either that or in one ear and out the other. “Zachary David Alexander Efron,” she said even louder, this time he blinked and looked down at her.

“Huh? What is with you girls and using my full name tonight,” he questioned trying to laugh it off.

“Airhead,” she mumbled rolling her eyes. “Well-- ya know, maybe if you’d pay attention we wouldn’t have to!” she said rather logically placing her hands on her hips as she talked. “Anyways, I asked you if we could please go now. I mean the movie starts in like 15 minutes and the theater is like a half hour away.”

“Um, yeah-- we can go now,” he said giving her a quick kiss, before taking her hand and leaving the house. Neither of them had noticed Kali sitting at the top of the stairs staring down at them. Her tears and sobs becoming more and more violent every time they kissed. She pulled her knees up to her chest as she leaned back into the wall. “I love you Zac,” she whispered burying her head into her knees as she started crying harder.