- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
OK, so I just can't NOT post stories when I have chapters done... weakness I know... But as always... R&R!
That morning was pure agony on Kali. She didn’t hang around with her friends that morning in the halls because she didn’t want to even look at Zac. You would think it would actually be easy to stay away from them seeing as none of them were even in her grade, it was actually almost impossible. Right after first class was over, Laurel had dragged her off wanting to know why she was acting weird.

“I don’t want to talk about it,” Kali said walking away. Laurel was the one person Kali didn’t want to talk too about Zac. She’d purposely get involved because Zac was her cousin. At this point in time, she didn’t want anybody to know about the feelings she had for him, and Laurel would be the one she’d most likely end up spilling too.

“Oh come on chica! It’s me here,” Laurel said with a hand on her shoulder to prevent Kali from walking any further. Kali turned to look at her with an annoyed face, why couldn’t Laurel just leave things alone? “Tell me what’s up with you! It’s not like you to just blow everyone off. What’s really bothering you?”

“Your cousin,” Kali whispered pulling out of her grasp and heading for the door to the back fields. Laurel arched her eyebrow in confusion but followed behind her. Kali sat down at the picnic table on the side of the soccer field and buried her face into her hands.

“What did he do this time?” Laurel sat next to her and wrapped an arm over her shoulders. Kali mumbled something into her hands which caused Laurel great confusion. “Mind speaking English and not to your hands?” she tried to joke to hopefully get her young friend to at least smile.

“I said he’s an asshole and I wish I never met him,” Kali said again turning her head to look at Laurel and rested it against her knees. “I hate him so much right now.”

“I sure you don’t really hate him. But don’t let me judge what you’re feeling about him. Just tell me what he did to make you ‘hate’ him,” Laurel said in a low voice moving Kali’s hair from her face.

“Rachel,” was all she could get out. Again, Laurel looked at her curiously, as far as she knew – Rachel couldn’t stand the sight of Zac. “They’re dating,” Kali said again tears falling from her eyes.

“Excuse me? Did you just say that Zac and Rachel are dating?” Kalina nodded her head. “They’re dating each other?” Kalina nodded again, Laurel just stared at her with her mouth agape. That just wasn’t right; she would have thought that Zac would have more sense in him to stay away from Rachel. Especially with the reputation she made for herself with the guys in the school in a little over a year.

Suddenly realization hit Laurel like a bullet. It wasn’t just the fact that Zac had a girlfriend, or that that girlfriend was Rachel that was bothering Kalina. It was the fact that it WASN’T her that was his girlfriend that was the matter. “Are you sure it’s because he’s dating Rachel that’s bugging you?” Kali shrugged at that question, Laurel smirked. “You’re upset because you’re in love with him aren’t you?” Again Kalina didn’t answer, but her adverting her eyes from Laurel was all the answer that was needed.

Laurel reached over and hugged the youngest member of her gang. Kalina gripped her tightly and started crying even harder. “I do love him,” Kali repeated over and over through her tears.