- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
So yeah, I was so exhausted today so I fell asleep early.. and well me, if I fall asleep before 11 I wake up 2, 3 o'clock in the morning and well I did. So I'm bored and decided to post another chapter for everyone.

After this chapter there's only 2 more chapters then the sequel, which sadly doesn't even have the first chapter done, but I have tomorrow (Saturday) off - so I should be getting a bit of writing done.

Also, the LONG OVERDUE final part of One Chance IS being worked on also. So yeah, I'll be getting busy. As always R&R!
Rachel lifted her head up off of Zac’s chest as the pair lay on his bed watching a movie. She licked her lips, looking down at her hand as she purposely dragged it down his chest and to the top of his jeans. She bit on her bottom lip changing her glance up to his face. His eyes were focused on the television screen, they held an emotionless gaze. She smiled cautiously undoing his belt and running her hand up under his shirt. Irritated, he pushed her hand away and got up. Hastily redid his belt and left his room, slamming the door, causing Rachel to jump.

Rachel starred at the back of the closed door, a little shocked at his reaction. It was a change from last night when his hands were all over her. She shook her head getting up and leaving the room, almost trampling over Zac’s brother who was going up the stairs.

“Do you know where your brother just went?” she asked him after not spotting Zac anywhere from the landing.

“He just went outside to the backyard with the phone,” he replied with a shrug going to his room. Rachel licked her lips walking down the last few steps and heading for the backyard. She stopped in the door way hearing Zac talking to someone.

“Please? I really need to talk to someone!” she heard him begging into the phone. What? Am I not good enough for him to talk to? She thought bitterly narrowing her eyes. “I’m just really confused right now Laurel! I just need to know what to do… I need someone’s opinion.” Rachel rolled her eyes, deciding to make herself known before she had to hear him say something about her. Zac looked up from the ground when a shadow was cast over him. He held his arm out to Rachel and pulled her down onto his lap still listening to what his cousin had to say on the other end of the line.

Rachel laid her head on his shoulder breathing in his scent. His arm wrapped tighter around her waist as he spoke again into the phone. “I would but you know I can’t do that,” he sighed resting his chin to top of Rachel’s head. She snuggled her head into his chest. “Thanks Laurel,” he said after a minute pulling the phone away from his ear and hanging it up. Rachel pulled her head away from his chest and looked up at his face; he was chewing his lip and staring across his backyard with a blank look.

“What are you thinking about Hun?” she asked putting her hand on his cheek and making him look at her. He just shook his head slightly and leaned in to kiss her softly. She let her forehead rest on his to hold his gaze. If she’d known him better then she did, she would have realized that he was hiding something back from her, all of it was held in his eyes. But she just put it off as him still being pissed that Kalina wasn’t talking to him. In reality, it was much more than that. “You know that you can talk to me Zac,” she whispered moving her hand up to his hair, entangling her fingers in it.

“I can’t, not about this baby,” he said pulling away from her and resting his head on top of hers again.

“I want you to feel that you can talk to me about anything, about everything Zac,” she said once again moving her head to get him to look her in the eye.

“I just want to talk to Laurel about this one Rach,” he whispered kissing her more passionately then he had been all day. Zac let her tongue into his mouth and softly massaged it with his own. In his mind, he was hoping that the more he kissed her, the more he’d get into the idea of being with her. So far, every kiss had been quite the opposite, the more they kissed, the more he wished it was Kali he was kissing.

Rachel moved so she was straddling him, her lips falling down to his neck, and her hands to the bottom of his shirt, She had started to lift it up when he pulled away from her, pushing her hands away from his body. “What’s the matter now Zac? Last night we got pretty far and you stopped us, now it’s like you don’t even want me to touch you. What’s your deal?” She was getting annoyed.

“I’m just not…” he stopped hearing the front door of his house open and close. He turned his head to see who it was this only annoyed Rachel even more.

“You’re not what Zachary?” she asked harshly making him look at here, “And don’t even think about saying ‘not ready’, because I know for a fact that you’ve had sex with Ashlyn and Madi.”

“I dated Ashlyn for 8 months before we slept together, and I was totally wasted when I slept with Madi. So it’s not even the point of being ‘not ready’. I just don’t want to have sex right now. We’ve been together for 2 weeks Rach, not even. I think we can wait a little bit longer before having sex,” he finished off rolling his eyes.

“But I don’t want to wait baby,” she said giving him a small pout. She kissed him softly, hoping to possibly get him to cave in.

“A little role reversal?” Laurel asked smirking while leaning against the door frame. Kalina was like a little sister to her, but she could never stand Rachel. It was because of her manipulative behavior with guys that made Laurel despise her. It didn’t help that the first guy that Rachel had ever tried to go after was Laurel’s boyfriend.

“Nobody asked you for your opinion bitch!” Rachel retorted getting up and pulling Zac with her.

“Rach just don’t ok?” he mumbled kissing the top of her head. Rachel gave Laurel a dirty look when she rolled her eyes at them.

“I guess I’ll leave you two to talk or whatever,” Rachel said after a minute of standing in Zac’s embrace. “And it better not be about me,” she said sternly looking up at him.

“Don’t worry it’s not,” he tried to reassure her while lying straight through his teeth. She smiled at him before giving him a passionate kiss.

“I love you,” she whispered after he pulled away.

“Love you too,” he whispered back completely avoiding eye contact with her, she hadn’t even noticed. He gave a smile, not because he meant it, but because Laurel was putting her finger in her mouth and pretending she was going to throw up.

“I’ll call you later?” Rachel smiled giving him a few soft pecks.

“Sure,” he replied letting her go and sitting back on the chair he had been in. He watched as Rachel left, purposely bumping into Laurel who started to walk out towards Zac. “Watch where you’re going bitch,” Rachel said trying to make it seem as if Laurel had walked into her.

“Whore,” was all the reply was before Rachel disappeared. The cousins waited until the door closed before they started talking.