- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
OK, so I'm bored. And there's nothing better to do right now BUT to post the FINAL chapter to this story. (There is a sequel in the works!) R&R per usual!! Thanks
Kali looked down at her feet as she and Zac walked around the streets, the street lights just starting to flicker on. Neither of them had said a word in nearly 15 minutes; Kali didn’t know what to say to him, and Zac didn’t know how to say what he wanted to. His mind was willing Kali to say something first, so maybe they could get into a conversation then he could just let it slip out that he had strong feelings for her. On the other side of the duo, Kali was holding back the urge to scream the words, “I love you,” at him.

Zac breathed a sigh as they reached the park and started up the big hill over looking the lake. Ever since Kalina had moved next door to him this had been their spot. Whenever there was something bothering one of them, the other always knew where to find the troubled party. Kali followed Zac along the covered trail to their hidden spot and sat next to him on the ground.

She leaned back onto her hands and looked up at the sky. The clouds on the horizon were a mix of purple and orange, the sky was turning a shade of deep blue and dim stars were starting to appear in the sky. Night fall was definitely her favorite time of day. She loved to watch the sky change colors and the stars come out to play. It really didn’t help her cause that she felt that dusk was the most romantic time of the day.

Kali was oblivious to Zac watching her every move. A small smirk appeared on her lips as her mind was wondering with thoughts of her and Zac sitting there, their arms around each other, sharing sweet kisses and telling each other how much they loved the other. He didn’t know what she was thinking about, but that small smile on her lips made him want to kiss her even more then he already did. I need to tell her, he thought reaching over to touch her bare shoulder.

“Are we gonna talk?” he asked in a whisper tucking some of her hair behind her ear. Kali shivered slightly at the touch of his fingers on her face, goose bumps rising on her arms. His hand lay resting on her shoulder as she finally spoke since they’d left her house.

“I don’t know what to say to you Zac. You’re the one that came and said you wanted to talk to me, so talk!” she said barley above a whisper. She shrugged his hand off her shoulder and crossed her arms over her chest turning to look at him dead on. She had a bad feeling of what he wanted to talk to her about. She didn’t know if she could handle if he were to tell her that they couldn’t be friends anymore because Rachel didn’t want them too.

“I just don’t know how to say it Kals!” he replied equally as soft. He licked his lips and stared down at his hands, playing with his fingers. “I just don’t.”

“If you don’t want to be friends anymore I understand Zac,” she said, tears already starting to form in her eyes. She didn’t know if it was the truth, but if it was, she’d just have to deal.

“What? Baby no, that couldn’t be anymore farther then what I want,” he almost wanted to laugh at that thought. He reached over and wiped the tears away from her eyes.

“Baby?” she questioned him, that quaint little smile returning to her lips for a brief moment when that word fell out of his mouth. It quickly faded when she thought that he just made a mistake, his mind must have been on Rachel. “I’m not Rachel, Zac.”

“Yeah! Baby! And you not being Rachel is you’re best quality,” he said running his fingers across her cheeks, his true feelings and intentions starting to come out through his eyes. “I wanna be with you, as more then just friends Kals.”

“Don’t mess with me Zac,” she said reaching up and curling her fingers around his hand and pulling it slowly away from her face. “Just don’t say things you don’t mean,” she added in a low voice looking down once again.

“I’m not messing with you Kali. I really want to be with you, I… I… I have for a while now.” Zac put his hand under her chin and made her look at him. “I’m in love with you Kalina,” he added looking her straight in the eye. Sure, he’d said the words I love you to Rachel before, but he couldn’t while looking her in the eye or without keeping a straight face, he’d usually start laughing when he tried.

Kalina’s heart started beating a mile a minute at his last phrase. She had the unpleasant experience of witnessing Zac say ‘I love you’ to Rachel that afternoon in school, he had looked at her when he said ‘I’ but over her head at the rest of the words. Having him look her straight in the eye and say it meant a lot to her. “You… You… You are?” she stuttered a smile spreading across her face.

“I am,” he confirmed still holding her face in his hands. “I love you Kali,” he said again this time leaning closer to her and gently brushing his lips over hers. To Kali it felt like electricity passing between their mouths at the tiny touch. Zac dropped his hands to her waist and pulled her closer to him. She maneuvered so she was straddling him and sat on his lap. His hands moved to the small of her back and massaged the tiny bit of exposed skin.

Having him touch her this way was a turn on for her. Kali let out a soft moan as Zac let his hands slip a little bit lower and placed them on her ass in her back pockets, pulling her even closer to him. Their foreheads resting on one another’s and staring into each other’s eyes. She took the initiative and pressed her mouth hard to his, he moaned kissing her back. Zac parted his lips and ran his tongue over her lips until she obliged him and pressed her own tongue against his. They stayed that way for a while, just kissing and being close together.

“You wanna stay over tonight?” Zac asked in a whisper as they walked back home nearly an hour later. He looked at Kali who nodded and wrapped her arms tight around her body. “Baby why didn’t you bring a sweatshirt or something?” he questioned pulling his own over his head and pulling it back over her body.

“I didn’t think we’d be gone so long?” she grinned with a cheeky grin and wrapped her arms around his waist as they continued to walk. “I love you Zac!” she said stopping and looking up at him. He smiled and kissed her softly.

“I love you too Kals!”