- Text Size +
Chapter 3 Fandom

2006 was a busy year for Nick. Not only had he spent a lot of time working on the Backstreet Boys’ new album with the rest of the guys, he had also spent every free time in the midday reading 2 absolutely wonderful books.

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince and Twilight.

His band mates somehow got used to a reading Nick and slowly but surely also accepted it. That was mostly Kevin’s doing. A reading Nick is a good Nick, because a reading Nick didn’t have time for childish pranks. That was what Kevin would say over and over again. No more stupid pranks.

Nope, ‘cause Nick only had time for fictional books and movies now. You couldn’t forget that one. Nick had bought all the Harry Potter movies he could find. Both regular and special edition. His hunger for merchandise didn’t stop there. Oh no, Nick also went down to hunt every little thing he could find in stores. Howie was glad that Nick hadn’t discovered online shopping yet. That would be hell.

On rare times, Nick’s friends could also find him sitting behind his laptop. But that was only to check his e-mail. Nick would search for mail from someone who kept feeding him these pieces of information on books.

These books(Harry Potter and Twilight) included witches, wizards, werewolves and to the band’s surprise also vampires. Yup, Nick’s next obsession was the vampires of Twilight. He could not stop yapping about them. How these vampires didn’t have fangs, or wouldn’t burn in sunlight. No, these vampires were special.
His friends could now rattle off almost every special feature these vampires had.

1.They were as hard as granite.
2.They were immortal
3.They were super fast
4.They didn’t have fangs
5.They couldn’t sleep
6.They were inhumanly beautiful (most of ‘em)

And the list went on and on. AJ was surprised by the amount of stuff that Nick could remember. After all, Nick could be kind of forgetful.

There was only one downside to Nick’s obsession of vampire: he wanted to be one. How ridiculous is that? A twenty-six-year old wanting to be a (fictional) vampire.

1.Nick worked out in order to be stronger. - Vampires were really strong-
2.Well, Nick couldn’t do much about that one. Humans die. Nick just aimed for a long life.
3.Running. That is what he would do in the morning. He wanted to be fast
4.Nick didn’t have fangs either!
5.Ah, well, Nick could sleep and he needed sleep. He just went to bed really late, an easy compromise.
6.No problem here. Nick was already inhumanly beautiful. (His band mates might beg to differ though.)

By the end of the year, Nick became slightly restless because he hadn’t heard of Rose. He wanted information! Of course Nick could surf the net and find it himself, but there was also the possibility of getting lost over the net. Also, he hated those viruses. It was best to just wait for information from his trustful source.

_______

To be continued.